Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premium Section for Croke Park

• 04-07-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anyone know how to get Premium tickets for Croke Park? I'm looking to get some for the Leinster football final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Premium tickets aren't sold for individual games. They're sold for 1,3,5 or 10 year periods, so the only way to get one is through someone you may know who has a seat or has access to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone know how to get Premium tickets for Croke Park? I'm looking to get some for the Leinster football final.

They are generally used by companies. I have a friend who worked in a large pub and used to get them off a Heineken rep that came into him. Heineken used to get so many for employees, suppliers, workers etc.

Another friend used to be able to get them in the company he worked for. They used to have a draw though if too many people asked for them so you weren't always guaranteed to get one.

To be honest, there's very little "premium" about them. I've been there for a couple of games (Cavan's league final in 2007 and the U21 final in 2011) and other than having a bar easily accessible, they offer little extra.

Oh, you also get to go up an escalator rather than stairs. Better not forget that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Lemlin wrote: »
    They are generally used by companies. I have a friend who worked in a large pub and used to get them off a Heineken rep that came into him. Heineken used to get so many for employees, suppliers, workers etc.

Another friend used to be able to get them in the company he worked for. They used to have a draw though if too many people asked for them so you weren't always guaranteed to get one.

To be honest, there's very little "premium" about them. I've been there for a couple of games (Cavan's league final in 2007 and the U21 final in 2011) and other than having a bar easily accessible, they offer little extra.

Oh, you also get to go up an escalator rather than stairs. Better not forget that.

The dinner up there is quite nice.The view is the best in Croke Park in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Croke Park advertising Premium Tickets at the moment

http://crokepark.ie/news-and-events/never-miss-the-big-moments-again

Croke Park advertising Premium Tickets at the moment

http://crokepark.ie/news-and-events/never-miss-the-big-moments-again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

What type of money are you talking about for those tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

3 yr/5000, 5 yr/7500, 10 yr/12,500 if you pay up front

5700, 8500, 13,500 if you want a payment plan

The prices are in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

As far as I know you can buy a priomh account where you can buy premium tickets that current owners are selling on. I think this is the site http://shop.crokepark.ie/premium/ticket-holder-s-area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I was speaking to one of the head stewards (who also works with me) at the Mayo replay last year - the section he was looking after was punters who'd bought a 10 year ticket to all semi & AI finals for the princely sum of 3 grand - I never knew that option existed (they're due for renewal this year)

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I was speaking to one of the head stewards (who also works with me) at the Mayo replay last year - the section he was looking after was punters who'd bought a 10 year ticket to all semi & AI finals for the princely sum of 3 grand - I never knew that option existed (they're due for renewal this year)

It doesn't. Not officially anyway. But it's the GAA. God knows what kind of cattle trading goes on, behind the scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It doesn't. Not officially anyway. But it's the GAA. God knows what kind of cattle trading goes on, behind the scenes.

Yeah that's true ... I should add that this section was up in the upper Cusack in the 7** range not the premium 5**.

They did exist and many still do, but once an existing owner decides to cancel them, they cease to exist and revert back into the main ticket pool, gone forever. I think they work out at around €250 per game these days for renewals.
    DoctaDee wrote: »

They did exist and many still do, but once an existing owner decides to cancel them, they cease to exist and revert back into the main ticket pool, gone forever. I think they work out at around €250 per game these days for renewals.

That's pretty steep.

The 3000/10 year euro semifinal and final Premium Ticket is/was a rollicking good deal.

20 finals (in both codes) over 10 years
    40 semi finals (in both codes) over 10 years

3000 smackers divided by 60 games, is 50 quid a game. That's bloody good value, seeing as the 20 AI final tickets are 80 quid each. (Dunno how you adjust for inflation/price hikes.)

Do you get to access the premium level facilities at all, or do you have to stay in the 700's in the Upper Cusack, with the rest of the peasants?

If you do, you got good value for money for your 3000 quid imo.

I had the full renewal details last year. I think they were lower Cusack but not 100%
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    That's pretty steep.

The 3000/10 year euro semifinal and final Premium Ticket is/was a rollicking good deal.

20 finals (in both codes) over 10 years
    40 semi finals (in both codes) over 10 years

3000 smackers divided by 60 games, is 50 quid a game. That's bloody good value, seeing as the 20 AI final tickets are 80 quid each. (Dunno how you adjust for inflation/price hikes.)

Do you get to access the premium level facilities at all, or do you have to stay in the 700's in the Upper Cusack, with the rest of the peasants?

If you do, you got good value for money for your 3000 quid imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

What exactly do you get for buying a premium ticket?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Closer to the bar
    Closer/Cleaner/More toilets
    Hot water
    Better food menu
    Dry
    Faster in and out
    More peach and baby blue jumpers drapped over the shoulder
    Less atmosphere, unless you are in a decent box well stocked with knowledgeable people

Stoner wrote: »
    Closer to the bar
    Closer/Cleaner/More toilets
    Hot water
    Better food menu
    Dry
    Faster in and out
    More peach and baby blue jumpers drapped over the shoulder
    Less atmosphere, unless you are in a decent box well stocked with knowledgeable people

Sounds nice but is it like 1 ticket for every single game that happens in croker including the all-ireland finals or do you have to buy them aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Was in Premium box for 2011 football final and was not great experience. Got ticket from Kerry chap after a labyrinthine series of ticket exchanges.

Box was owned by two northern builders who had fallen out with one another. Half the box was genuine Dublin and Kerry supporters given tickets by one of the owners, and other half was the most obnoxious collection of silver spoons you could ever wish to meet. Most of them had no interest in the game and had formula one on the TV!

Some did have peach jumpers! Knew I was in wrong place when I bumped into Varadker at the bar wearing a Dublin jersey over his suit.

Scarleh for ye!

Everyone seems to say it's not nice

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Knew I was in wrong place when I bumped into Varadker at the bar wearing a Dublin jersey over his suit.

You weren't in a good enough box if you had to get yourself pints.

• Advertisement

You weren't in a good enough box if you had to get yourself pints.

I preferred going to the bar rather than staying in the private bar with people watching cars. I could stand out on the road and do that. Think I even missed a free dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭richiepurgas

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I preferred going to the bar rather than staying in the private bar with people watching cars. I could stand out on the road and do that. Think I even missed a free dinner!

Think you might be mixing up premium level seats and corporate boxes.

It was a box owned by two builders. If you read back over thread, most people are talking about corporate section rather than the premium. No difference really other than you might a free dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Yea, big difference between premium section and the boxes.

Boxes have been well covered in previous posts.

The premium section is the middle section of seats running along between the lower and upper sections of the Hogan, Davin and Cusack stands.

Nearly all the seats are owned by individuals or business'es. There are some seats currently for sale too.

When you buy a seat it's yours for the year. They are expensive enough but obviously you do not pay anymore then for match tickets. You also get first refusal on your seat for concerts or other events happening in Croke park.

If there is a match on that you are not using your seat and you do not want to or choose to give it to someone else there is a ticket exchange system whereby you release the ticket back to Croke Park and they will sell it for that particular match and give you 50% of the sale. For example, premium tickets for last weekends hurling semi-finals cost €70 - so Croke Park get €35 and you get €35.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well you buy a box for x no of years. You can go to all games all codes and first choice on other events in CP, that you pay for

The premium level seats is the same you get to see every GAA game there and first choice for other games.

For both the box and premium seats you get a big block of tickets for every match upfront.

They have generic GAA pictures on them

At the back of the book you get some generic tickets, named. If there is a replay you get an email saying "for Sundays SFC semifinal replay, use reserve ticket B"

At Christmas you get a little present like a newbridge silver Sam Maguire Cup Christmas decoration.

I've sent mine to Seligehgit in Mayo, they kicked it around the street in Castlebar for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

what way dose the price plan work , say a person went for the 5 year one ticket , instead of making an up front payment year 1 payment would be say €4000 year 2 €2500 year 3 €2000

would each of them 3 payments need to be upfront payments at the start of each year or drawn out over the course of each year in installments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Yea, big difference between premium section and the boxes.

Boxes have been well covered in previous posts.

The premium section is the middle section of seats running along between the lower and upper sections of the Hogan, Davin and Cusack stands.

Nearly all the seats are owned by individuals or business'es. There are some seats currently for sale too.

When you buy a seat it's yours for the year. They are expensive enough but obviously you do not pay anymore then for match tickets. You also get first refusal on your seat for concerts or other events happening in Croke park.

If there is a match on that you are not using your seat and you do not want to or choose to give it to someone else there is a ticket exchange system whereby you release the ticket back to Croke Park and they will sell it for that particular match and give you 50% of the sale. For example, premium tickets for last weekends hurling semi-finals cost €70 - so Croke Park get €35 and you get €35.

I have never encountered this system. Where is it available??

I have never encountered this system. Where is it available??

It's called priomh. If you have a premium ticket you are entitled to use it. There's tickets currently available for this weekend but it's very hard, although not impossible, to get tickets for the finals off it. The final tickets cost €150 (or did last year anyway).

what way dose the price plan work , say a person went for the 5 year one ticket , instead of making an up front payment year 1 payment would be say €4000 year 2 €2500 year 3 €2000

would each of them 3 payments need to be upfront payments at the start of each year or drawn out over the course of each year in installments

The dates for the payments are set beforehand as far as I know and have to be one payment per year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement