Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Rock (Stephen King series) [Hulu]

Options
  • 18-02-2017 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Produced by JJ Abrams.. as a big Stephen King fan, I'm more than a little intrigued!

Stephen King and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions have teased the impending arrival of a secret new Hulu project titled Castle Rock, named after the fictional Maine town that serves as the setting of many of the author's stories.

Stephen King on Trump, Writing and Why Selfies Are Evil
    "JJ Abrams and I want to invite you to take a trip to Castle Rock. Soon. Be afraid," King warned on Twitter after the minute-long teaser was revealed.

The video that accompanied the video lists the names of many of the characters, places and creatures that lurked in and around Castle Rock – Shawshank State Prison, It's Pennywise, 'Salem's Lot's Marsten House and Needful Things' Brian Rusk – as well as King creations far removed from the Maine town, like Misery's Annie Wilkes, The Shining's Danny Torrance and John Coffey and Mr. Jingles from The Green Mile.

Each character and place is connected by pulsing veins, suggesting that whatever Castle Rock is, the project has created a universe where the King stories are happening simultaneously.
    Source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This just more interesting Sissy Spacek joins the cast.

The great Scott Glenn joins the cast.

First trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Exciting stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

King and Abrams

The ending is going to be atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Let Lost go, dude. It was 7 years ago.

JJ is nowhere near the writing on this one. He is only E.P. (and only on the first episode, according to IMDB)

You ever read King?

He couldn't finish his dinner.

Start date announced - July 25th.

New Trailer:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

This could be fantastic. Trailers are great.

Enough teasers. Time for a full trailer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Not sure what to make of it. I love Stephen King and the idea sounds crazy great. Hope they can pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HappySerious

The trailer isnt doing it for me so I'll wait till people have reviewed it to see how it turned out.

Starts tonight in the States with a triple episode.

Tomorrow night, no? All promotional material says July 25th...
    Or is it exactly at midnight?

Will be on my Hulu from 5am here I'll jump into it when I get home from the nightshift.

It will go live on Hulu at midnight in the States.

I hope this is not another Under The Dome

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just back from NYC and Hulu are really pushing advertising for this all over the streets. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I hope this is not another Under The Dome

It’s produced by JJ Abrams Bad Robot, so it’s more likely it will look and feel more like 11.22.63, than Under the Dome.

I watched the first 3 when I got in from work this morning and quiet enjoyed.

A good mystery and I'm sure I missed most of the Stephen King Easter Eggs throughout it.

Looking forward to episode 4 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just watched the first one and have the next two lined up. Want to watch them now but have to be up early. Decent opening. Big King fan so hoping this is going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Watched first 2 but then bed called to me.

Will watch 3rd tonight. Enjoyable fare...so far

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Were all 3 epsisodes aired? Can only find the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

How is this series for people who haven't seen/read much Stephen King Books/TV/Movies?

You don't really need to know anything about King's stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

A lot of SK's stuff doesnt translate well onto film. Theres something in his writing that works inside your imagination to create a multi-dimensional richness that that the two-dimensional work just cant capture... I look forward to this and hope it works..

If you dont know anything about his books youre probably better off as you wont be comparing and the film or tv show can stand or fall on its own..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Binged the first 3 episodes really enjoyed it, great cast and I really like the mystery of it all. I hope it's a ratings success and we get more then one season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Any information yet on where this will air or stream over here?

Advertisement