Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Live 19

• 05-06-2018 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭

Decided to make one thread to discuss both games, hopefully to praise Live and slag 2k.

Live news due at E3, hopefully they can expand on 18 and fix the gameplay bugs. Really looking forward to hearing more about it.

2k18, will be interesting to see if they have listened to the fans even the smallest bit or if they'll go full on **** you mode and have a similar career to 18. 2k just announced there will be 2 versions:

Standard - 60 dollars - 5k VC and 10mt packs
    20th anniversary edition - 100 dollars - 100k vc, 20 packs and a load of digital shyte.

Reddit already has a load of posts begging people not to preorder this year but it's inevitable.

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1003977418527277056?s=19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NBA Live 19 trailer regressing today at 7pm GMT. They released the first screen shot as well, looks like a court in Brazil and women will be in Street mode. Really hyped about this!

151113d1528516324-first-nba-live-19-screenshot-emesola_2018-jun-08.jpg

NBA Live 18 - Releases September 7th

Looks like a big focus on The One this year. Read a few posts about someone saying they are close to a dev who confirmed they are really pushing The One expanding it with minor improvements to other modes like Ultimate Team and Franchise. I know franchise people really wanted a deeper mode so might not be happy with that news.

Some of the devs worked on NBA Street and there is definitely a whiff of that off the trailer above. nutmeg handles and crazy alley oop passes look fun, just hope they don't go full arcade craziness.

List of updates on the new features.

151132d1528577256-nba-live-19-features-real-player-motion-monthly-updates-commentary-more-screen-shot-2018-06-09-4.42.41-pm.png

=================================================

Build Your Squad.
    This year, you can collect players, current NBA, historic legends and fictitious players, I spotted Stretch from NBA Street. Build your team to take around the globe on the street ball circuit. You can also bring your team online to play against friends and randomers. It also suggest you can team up with friends to challenge other squads. I just hope they have customised jerseys and courts to go with this.

Rewards include players this year so instead of crates containing gear, moves, celebrations, etc, they will now also have players to add to your team. Live events will give 1 or chances at unlocking super rare players.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/feature-build-your-squad

Gameplay Innovations & Interactive Environment:

Real Player Motion Tech is being used this year to improve animations. I used this in EA UFC 3 and made a HUGE difference to the gameplay. Devs said it definitely fixes the stiffness of last year.

You can now interact with the crowd an court more, crashing into camera men, saving the ball diving into the crowd, trash talking the opposing team and crowd, crowd rushing the court to celebrate with you etc.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/feature-gameplay-innovations

===============================================

The evolution of the streets and the league:
    You can still hop to and from the street mode to nba league like the last game, thye are just building on it now adding lots more customisations to make your player as unique as possible.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/feature-league-streets

===============================================

New Icon system:
    When you pick your playstyle, you can decide an Icon to follow. This is like another ability tree to further make your player unique from other similar playstyles. For example, you pick guard slasher and 2 of the icons revealed so far for the style is Westbrook and Iverson. you can swap them out but sticking with one levels them up unlocking their gear, animations, moves and further boosts.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/feature-icon-system-playstyles

The Jumpman court in Paris looks class.

452966.PNG

Live 19 cam footage. But blurry but gameplay definitely looks a lot smoother than 18.

Hd footage, looks very slick. Definitely going with a dribble PG build first, looks like a lot of fun.

Some Live 19 news.

From Gamestop Preorder

"THE RISE - Define Your Story as you start from High School and progress to legend status on courts in THE LEAGUE and THE STREETS. Increase your stock in performance driven challenges and learn mechanics from iconic players as you rise to stardom. Relive your best and worst moments through Modern Highlights as notable basketball influencers and celebrities mark your achievements on the court. Share in the excitement and disappointments throughout your career reflected by your peers, top streamers/influencers, notable media outlets and ESPN personalities.

Pre-order NBA Live 19 and receive The One Edition which includes Joel Embiid Signature Items:

Squad Player

Jersey

Gold Shoes

Gold Basketball

Signature Celebration

Customized Court

"NBA Live 19 features an all-new commentary duo of Ed Cohen, voice of the New York Knicks and former Chicago Bull Jay Williams, bringing you the latest content from around the NBA, Summer Pro-Ams, and global basketball events. Big Moments is also making a return."

• Advertisement

NBA Live 18 is up for preorder now, 70 quid. However, there was an update for Live 18 today and it put a link on the main menu to preorder 19 and get 33% off. Link isn't working at the moment but EA currently investigating. 47 euro Is a tasty price for it.

Live 19 videos released yesterday but the majority of one's I've watched were played by complete noobs on rookie difficulty, not pretty to watch. Game is looking great though. The addition of being able to create female ballers and okay through the one and online (no league) is class.

She's in the game

Custom court

First hour of The One

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

I won't be pre ordering it as well.

NBA Live 19 demo is up on PS4 and Xbox stores now. 15gb

Demo is class, game plays much smoother this year. Creating courts is a great addition and the looks like there is some amount of customisation items you can unlock through rewards. Plus being able to set the location at multiple cities around Ireland is a nice touch..

Court Battles mode was revealed last night. Take your custom court into a timed campaign where you set a defensive CPU team up to defend your court while you attack other people's courts. Win, and you take control of their court. More courts you control by end of the timed campaign the higher tier of rewards you get. Ton of rules to set as well like only dunks score points, more points the further out you shoot, etc.

Your One created player is captain of attacking team and can't be swapped out. Other than him/her, you build your team by unlocking players as rewards in The One world tour and court battles modes.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/court-battles

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Demo is class, game plays much smoother this year. Creating courts is a great addition and the looks like there is some amount of customisation items you can unlock through rewards. Plus being able to set the location at multiple cities around Ireland is a nice touch..

Court Battles mode was revealed last night. Take your custom court into a timed campaign where you set a defensive CPU team up to defend your court while you attack other people's courts. Win, and you take control of their court. More courts you control by end of the timed campaign the higher tier of rewards you get. Ton of rules to set as well like only dunks score points, more points the further out you shoot, etc.

Your One created player is captain of attacking team and can't be swapped out. Other than him/her, you build your team by unlocking players as rewards in The One world tour and court battles modes.

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2018/court-battles

Give us a update on the franchise, for me thats all i care about. Last season 2k had a nice touch in it

Anyone play this or NBA 2K19? I found Live disappointing this year. Last year was much more fun imo. I only play the street mode but the passing is bad, half the time, the pass goes to someone else than I was aiming at and gets turned over. Even though I'm maxed out with dribbling, I can't break any ankles, had no problem with that last year. The court battles is a good mode but the gameplay isn't grabbing me.

I played 2k19 Prelude and actually found it fun. The Chris Smoove videos has me tempted to get it but it's 2k :(

Wondering if anyone has played it and has any feedback?

Anyone play this or NBA 2K19? I found Live disappointing this year. Last year was much more fun imo. I only play the street mode but the passing is bad, half the time, the pass goes to someone else than I was aiming at and gets turned over. Even though I'm maxed out with dribbling, I can't break any ankles, had no problem with that last year. The court battles is a good mode but the gameplay isn't grabbing me.

I played 2k19 Prelude and actually found it fun. The Chris Smoove videos has me tempted to get it but it's 2k :(

Wondering if anyone has played it and has any feedback?

First impression of 2k is its slow
    Last season if i played with LBJ, Westbrook or DeRozan i would blow past or away from defenders. This year ive not been able to
    Now i will give it awhile before fully slamming it :pac:
    Oh and dam my gm is terrible. I didnt mind last seasons story but this year is horrible.
    Who thought it was a good idea to redo the draft. Before a single game played lets take away the realism :mad:
    So ya im back to myleague and the lakers :o

I ended up getting 2k in the deal of the week on the us PSN store, 38 euro, not too bad. Have to say, it's the best 2k I've played in years! No interest in GM or League, just career and my team so straight to the Prelude which is way longer than the demo. I think I'm on my last game (first NBA game) and thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through. Even though you can skip cutscenes now, I never wanted to, some great actors in the cast.

Most importantly, it felt like I could actually play basketball from the start. Even though I'm a crappy 60 rated player, I can still drive to the hoop and make layups, nailing mid range shots and even hitting lots of 3's, something I've never been able to do as a slashing playmaker. Having a lot of fun with it, complete opposite of 2k18. VC grind still looks like a pain but at least the game is playable this year compared to last

My only gripe so far is my team customisation. I usually try to unlock custom jerseys and courts asap but this year, you need to have collected 500 cards which is shocking. A custom my team is my favourite part of that mode and they've wrecked it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

2K19 is 50 on Irish ps store. I’m tempted to buy it but hearing lots of reviews that say it’s almost impossible to progress your player without spending real cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Johny Cage wrote: »
    2K19 is 50 on Irish ps store. I’m tempted to buy it but hearing lots of reviews that say it’s almost impossible to progress your player without spending real cash.

Plus, they will drop support for it when 2K21 comes out and all that work (and even real money, if you're so inclined) will be gone, kaput, never to be used again. Put me off getting it last year, even though it plays way better than the Live counterpart, 2K have the gameplay nailed but the VC needs to go. Simple as.

I'm just 2 NBA games into my career and gone from a 60 to 64. I start unlocking stuff at 65. Getting 1000vc guaranteed with my Lakers contract per game (not including teamgrade and other bonuses) is nice but yeah I read once you get to 85, it's an awful hill climb. The main thing for me is enjoyment and I'm enjoying this a lot so far. FYI, I will not be spending a penny on vc.

Screw it, downloading it now. Last one I played was 2k16. Hopefully my career and gm modes have improved.

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Screw it, downloading it now. Last one I played was 2k16. Hopefully my career and gm modes have improved.

My gm has improved since them alright
    Well my league, my gm is..... just avoid it

So after playing it for a while now and getting used to game play its defo better than last year. Once i got used to it im back driving to the basket.
    Hero ball isnt a thing really anymore so have to call moves
    I mostly play my league as spike lee ruined mycareer for me.
    Then every year since its gotten more and more tacky
    I miss the old days of demanding your gm trades for certain players and the draft :(
    I enjoyed doing three years in Utah then being a diva and moving to Miami :pac:

In the NBA in my career at level 63 and running around like a granny, I have no business being on the court at all. Takes bloody ages to level up, 2K really want you to buy that VC.

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »
    My gm has improved since them alright
    Well my league, my gm is..... just avoid it

So after playing it for a while now and getting used to game play its defo better than last year. Once i got used to it im back driving to the basket.
    Hero ball isnt a thing really anymore so have to call moves
    I mostly play my league as spike lee ruined mycareer for me.
    Then every year since its gotten more and more tacky
    I miss the old days of demanding your gm trades for certain players and the draft :(
    I enjoyed doing three years in Utah then being a diva and moving to Miami :pac:

The Spike Lee one was awful alright. The 20 minute monologue from Boss Key Yaught at the end, bloody hell.

So, went back to NBA 2K19 recently, still at rating 70 which is actually alright for single player games. I'm holding my own, making successful passes, dribbling past players and hitting 3's even though I've spent no money on 3's and not a shooting archetype. It is extremely slow to level up though and put me off even trying anymore. The worst bit about this is Park is a no-no as everyone is 85 and over and people won't queue up for a game with you if you are under 85 as far as I'm reading. 2K have completely isolated people who refuse to buy VC and they seem perfectly fine with that.

I tried franchise, actually kind of fun once I replaced the league teams with All Time versions of them but not my cup of tea.

My Team is good, got a great team thanks to locker codes being thrown around willy nilly these days but I never feel like playing game after game after game.

My career is what keeps me going and 2k19 is just a drag to play. Usual, great gameplay hammered by ****ty mtx greed.

===========================================

As for NBA Live 19, I didn't enjoy it as much as NBA Live 18, didn't flow as well for me for some reason. A new patch was released this week for improvements based on community feedback, sounds like a 'lets try implement what people are asking for as it doesn't matter too much as a new Live will be announced at E3'.

Honestly, this has me wanting to give Live Run a go again. It was awful before with ball hogs (same as 2K) but now playing defense will have more impact on shots and being a ball hog for too long will penalise shot chance which sounds brilliant. Interesting to see how this is implemented. Biggest complaint online for either 2K or Live is that my defense and shot contest seemd useless as guys with high 3's could rain them from anywhere and also ball hogs taking on 3 to 4 guys, running circles around the court and finish an impossible 3 or heavily contested layup, so for me, this patch sounds well worth a try.
    Based off community feedback:

Upped defensive impact to shots

Good defensive positioning will be rewarded by affecting jump shots more.

Introducing a ball hog penalty

If a user “hogs” the ball for an excessive period, shots will be penalized. A major shot penalty will kick in if the user continues to ball hog.

This is only for user player jump shots in Live Run.

Anyone looking forward to either Live or 2K20?

So, went back to NBA 2K19 recently, still at rating 70 which is actually alright for single player games. I'm holding my own, making successful passes, dribbling past players and hitting 3's even though I've spent no money on 3's and not a shooting archetype. It is extremely slow to level up though and put me off even trying anymore. The worst bit about this is Park is a no-no as everyone is 85 and over and people won't queue up for a game with you if you are under 85 as far as I'm reading. 2K have completely isolated people who refuse to buy VC and they seem perfectly fine with that.

I tried franchise, actually kind of fun once I replaced the league teams with All Time versions of them but not my cup of tea.

My Team is good, got a great team thanks to locker codes being thrown around willy nilly these days but I never feel like playing game after game after game.

My career is what keeps me going and 2k19 is just a drag to play. Usual, great gameplay hammered by ****ty mtx greed.

===========================================

As for NBA Live 19, I didn't enjoy it as much as NBA Live 18, didn't flow as well for me for some reason. A new patch was released this week for improvements based on community feedback, sounds like a 'lets try implement what people are asking for as it doesn't matter too much as a new Live will be announced at E3'.

Honestly, this has me wanting to give Live Run a go again. It was awful before with ball hogs (same as 2K) but now playing defense will have more impact on shots and being a ball hog for too long will penalise shot chance which sounds brilliant. Interesting to see how this is implemented. Biggest complaint online for either 2K or Live is that my defense and shot contest seemd useless as guys with high 3's could rain them from anywhere and also ball hogs taking on 3 to 4 guys, running circles around the court and finish an impossible 3 or heavily contested layup, so for me, this patch sounds well worth a try.
    Based off community feedback:

Upped defensive impact to shots

Good defensive positioning will be rewarded by affecting jump shots more.

Introducing a ball hog penalty

If a user “hogs” the ball for an excessive period, shots will be penalized. A major shot penalty will kick in if the user continues to ball hog.

This is only for user player jump shots in Live Run.

Anyone looking forward to either Live or 2K20?

I played less 2K19 this year than any before and they didn't massively impress me either.

The park was either:
    A. That cage game with the crazy jumping
    B. The regular park that is in the square but was always completely empty so not even an option.

Same old story with it and it wont change as they have enough of a player base who are willing to spend money on the VC.

It's just too repetitive at this stage, they don't want to change their engine incase they go backwards so you get the same rigid engine with a few minor tweaks.

I didn't dip into them this year. 2K16 was the first modern basketball game I played, and I loved each and every second of it. But then I found out about the VC crap, and when they shut off the servers last year I was left with a game with over 100 hours of play gone. Put a salty taste in my mouth, and when it was confirmed the same thing is in 17, 18 & 19 I decided not to splash.

Did pick up NBA Live 18, but it's not NBA2K, didn't like the different feel of it, just didn't seem a smooth.

So, unless 2K20 is VC free I'll be skipping it again. The only way to change my mind is if ye tell me it's not bad anymore! And Live, meh. Didn't like it enough to want to get it again.

Like Gilberto said, VC is here to stay especially with the report by Kotaku that high up guys at 2k get a huge bonus friending on how much mtx's are sold in their games so NBA 2k is a gold mine for them, **** the players. 19 was slightly better than 18 for VC but still basically a pay to win mobile model.

Even in my team, they hid custom jerseys behind owning hundreds of cards first as a reward for card collector challenge, people buying multi card packs with VC just to get custom jerseys, disgusting.

I really really miss park on 16 and 17, had some great games with lads on here.

I'd nearly try it for $3! Shame that the VC is keeping them going, I'm sure if less people started playing they would revisit the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd nearly try it for $3! Shame that the VC is keeping them going, I'm sure if less people started playing they would revisit the idea.

If you try and switch to the IE site to pay in €, it shows as €70.
    UK site shows £55.
    So get the mispriced $3 one while you can :D

2K19 down to €20 with the Days of Play sale. Tempting...

• Advertisement

2K19 down to €20 with the Days of Play sale. Tempting...

Hold off, it's supposed to go down to 3 dollars in the US sale when that goes live today. Would be well worth creating a US account and buying US credit online. Smyths selling it for 25 and CEX will give you 19 cash if you wanted it physical

Advertisement