Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pluginsolar co uk

• 23-07-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Has anyone had any dealings with this plug in solar? Is it legal in Ireland? Would like to reduce my esb bills during the day etc.

Looks like you could start small & add more panels/bettery storage as you go.

Any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Nothing special on that website. Just the usual absurd lies about the amount of money you can save.

A 2kw system will produce about 1800 KwHrs per year. Even if all of that was displacing electricity at retail price of 16c (which it isn't), the savings would be €288 per year. They claim £697 (€790).

They do this by claiming 10% energy inflation per year over 20 years.

There are plenty of other companies in Ireland offering similar packages, some with the hype, and some without....

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aido12345

Thanks for your reply. I was looking for a system i could add to gradually but i guess it would be better to engage an expert.

If anyone has any recommendations around the Dublin area please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They do this by claiming 10% energy inflation per year over 20 years.

And this could very well go the opposite way. That electricity might become a lot cheaper than it is now during peak sunlight hours.

Advertisement