Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godzilla King of the Monsters (Sequel)

• 28-02-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vera Farmiga will play the mother of Millie Bobby Brown in the Godzilla sequel, with daddy duty having gone to Kyle Chandler.

Michael Dougherty (Krampus) is directing from a script he wrote with Zach Shields. The Legendary and Warner Bros. feature is the follow-up to Gareth Edwards' 2014 reboot, which earned $529.1 million worldwide.

Plot details are being kept secret, but Chandler, who has already starred in creature features Super 8 and King Kong, is the hero of the pic and plays a scientist.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is slated for release on March 22, 2019.

Source

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Does anyone care about human castings :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,181 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought the next Godzilla film was going to be Godzilla vs Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I heard the same, hence the new "Kong" is soo bloody massive so as to make a fight between the two a bit more even :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

No, the order is:

Godzilla (2014)
    Kong: Skull Island (2017)
    Godzilla: King of The Monsters (2019)
    Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

40 second Comic Con Teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait for this , been waiting a long time to see Godzilla fighting the proper Toho monsters Rodan , King Ghidora and others

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jesus that trailer is rookie stuff. One of camera operators is in the shot on the left hand side!

guh, they're at it again with the comic con trailer take downs :-/

Found it again but like.. maybe it'll be taken down again

Still so hard to find the Comic Con trailer from the first film. Still though.. :)
    https://vimeo.com/146985673

• Registered Users Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Didn't Malcom's dad die in the first one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's a trailer for 2014's Godzilla, not sure why they included it in that youtube video. The scene with Millie Bobby Brown is from the sequel.

:confused:

Right. That makes sense...I think.

• Advertisement

Ah hold on, I didn't check the full second video. Here's what I think has been happening in this thread...

- They released the new teaser to youtube
    - It's just the Millie Bobby Brown scene
    - I posted it here
    - They took down the trailer for some bizarre reason
    - I found an alternative but it has 2014 trailers pegged onto the end
    - I posted it here thinking it was just the Millie Bobby Brown scene

Full comic con trailer

Star Trailer of SDCC for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looks amazing I'll be there on opening night of this for sure waited years to see the likes of Rhodan and Mothra on the big screen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given the audience of Comic Con, Im surprised how human focused it was. Could have done with more disaster and monster footage. Still a decent trailer mind.

Thankfully said humans look a little more interesting than Aaron Taylor Johnson's dreary lead from the 2014 film.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Aaron Taylor Johnson's

The one thing I was left wondering was if they'd even, at least, just give his existence some sort of nod.

Not sure about the story here.

Mankind is screwing up the planet, so we have to go and find the titans and they have a scrap.

Problem solved?

What?

Slydice wrote: »
    The one thing I was left wondering was if they'd even, at least, just give his existence some sort of nod.

If so, then I'd prefer a cameo, before getting squished by godzilla :)

"Follow me if you want to liv*SPLAT*

Tony EH wrote: »

Mankind is screwing up the planet, so we have to go and find the titans and they have a scrap.

Problem solved?

What?

I'm 90% guessing she's a baddie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Slydice wrote: »
    Full comic con trailer

Rodan: check
    Mothra: check
    King Ghidorah: F*CKING CHECK!

Who was it being "petted" at around 1:10? I'm assuming that was Mothra, like in its caterpillar stage maybe before we see its wings develop later in the trailer? Also at 1:32, is that a second Rodan in the sky??

Yeah I'm actually nerding out right now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Jesus! That trailer looks class!!

Haven't been following this production at all and wasn't expecting anything like this seems to be. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That's an amazing cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Found it a bit underwhelming and generic.

Not nearly as interesting or eye catching as the first trailer for the 2014 film is still brilliant today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is it actually a sequel or a reimagining? Not really clear to me from trailer.

faceman wrote: »
    Is it actually a sequel or a reimagining? Not really clear to me from trailer.

It's a sequel AFAIK, following on from the 2014 film after Godzillas reveal to the world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Great use of Clare de Lune.

I've a soft spot for the first film, mainly due to the visuals and the sense of awe and wonder about nature, which this films seems to be doubling down on, so count me intrigued.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s also a few returning characters - those played by Sally Hawkins and Ken Watanabe at least.

Personally, Shin Godzilla was the decades-overdue kick in the arse this monster series needed - a film that expertly balances the smarts with the silliness, and used the monster story as a way to deliver an unusually effective commentary on real-world issues (in this case the Fukushima disaster and hopeless Japanese political bureaucracy). Plus, the monster stuff was great :pac: Obviously a hopeless case, but I’d love Hollywood to learn from that film rather than diving deeper into the CG extravangasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

There’s also a few returning characters - those played by Sally Hawkins and Ken Watanabe at least.

Personally, Shin Godzilla was the decades-overdue kick in the arse this monster series needed - a film that expertly balances the smarts with the silliness, and used the monster story as a way to deliver an unusually effective commentary on real-world issues (in this case the Fukushima disaster and hopeless Japanese political bureaucracy). Plus, the monster stuff was great :pac: Obviously a hopeless case, but I’d love Hollywood to learn from that film rather than diving deeper into the CG extravangasa.

I watched Shin Godzilla, but I thought it was awful. 2018 and godzilla still almost looks the exact same as he did originally! I thought it was kinda BS as well how they essentially just
    froze
    him and that was it.

Well this looks promising..
    https://twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/status/1020758939980333056

456532.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭conorhal

Tony EH wrote: »

Problem solved?

What?

Yeah, from the trailer at least, there appears to be some sort of befuddled eco 'message plot' that makes little or no sense at all but is likely to make you roll eyes real hard.
    I'm still geeking out though. One of my favorite movies as a kid was 'Destroy All Monsters' and it had a plot that made even less sense but since it featured ALL THE FREAKIN' MONSTERS! I guess I didn't care... it was Roland Emerich levels of popcorn destruction before such things existed.

Advertisement