Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Face Creams

• 20-07-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Would appreciate any help with this, i'm a guy in my mid 30's, just noticed that i'm getting some wrinkles lines around my eyes, i've never used creams etc or anything like that. I guess approaching the 40's i should look into it.

Has anyone got any tips what i should use

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Bulldog moisturiser. Available in Boots and very reasonable.

Use every day after shaving .

You don't need much.

Have a Google of reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 givingthisago

Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Sunscreen or a moisturizer with a very good SPF is what you need. Stop the damage happening.

It is damage from UV light from the sun which accounts for 80% of the haggardness of the skin on people's face as they age.
    And you need to use it year round hail rain or shine when you are outside because UV-A penetrates the clouds unimpeded and this light penetrates the skin and causes damage to cells.

You don't have to have sunburn to have sustained UV induced skin cell damage. Sunburn is merely an acute reaction from the high energy UVB radiation you get on a clear sunny day.

However, if you're in you mid 30s already and have been exposed to a lot of UV radiation thus far, then the chances are that a fair amount of damage has already been caused to your skin cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 givingthisago

Thanks for the advice, i tend not to go out in the sun much and i always wear sun cream so thats fine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wetlandsboy

I recommend Clinique moisturizer. I think it’s SPF 15. I’ve used it for a long time and it’s very good. I also recommend their eye cream - quite expensive at around €36 / 10 ml, but it lasts a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 annaboniface55

The girls in my family are using Charlotte Tilburys magic face cream, it has SPF15 and for dry skin. It honestly does wonders, you can feel and see the difference. It is more on the expensive side, but I believe a little goes a long way and would probably spend the same amount buying loads of standard creams which wouldn't be doing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 monisiak6

Francis soap shop has great anti aging rage of skincare and there is special line for men ;) they will launch a webside soon and all cosmetics are natural

Advertisement