Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GPs

• 17-07-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm just wondering are there any GPs open on Saturdays in Waterford City. I've googled and havent found any that are open on Saturdays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭invara

If it is urgent try Waterford Caredoc Health Center 1850 334 999

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Caredoc is your only port of call on the weekends if you want GP servies, but to be honest, in my experience they only "patch you up" until you can see your own GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I find them good TBH , I've been in there a few times when kids sick, if it means getting prescription earlier than Monday or just peace of mind, money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

It can depend on who you get in the Caredoc on any given weekend / evening.

Some are excellent and thankfully those I've seen with my little one have been but I have been myself once or twice over the years and one of the doctors I met was appalling!

Guess it's the same with anything where you are randomly assigned someone to provide you a service (some good, some bad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

SGRAL04 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering are there any GPs open on Saturdays in Waterford City. I've googled and havent found any that are open on Saturdays.

Five days in the week to go to a Doctor and you can't make it!

I would look for Josef Mengele before going to Care doc! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

There's a private guy on the Dunmore road who does weekends and out of hours. PM if you want info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Five days in the week to go to a Doctor and you can't make it!

I would look for Josef Mengele before going to Care doc! :D

You know they are the local GPs on rotation. Just as likely to get your own doctor out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭south

thomasm wrote: »
    You know they are the local GPs on rotation. Just as likely to get your own doctor out there

That's not the case, it was set up that way but doesn't run that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

That’s what my own doctor told me about 2 months ago as he was commenting about the fact he was on that weekend. His explanation then was it’s a rotating system that all doctors were obliged to partake in. Is it different now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A bump for a new practice at the Williamstown Centre above McAuleys - HR Clinic which is part of a chain they are open 7 days a week, they charge 40 euro a pop which is pretty cheap (!) by local standards, other HR Clinics which have been open longer also charge this amount so it's not an opening offer.

Details here https://www.facebook.com/HR-Clinic-Waterford-2039752932775244/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

A bump for a new practice at the Williamstown Centre above McAuleys - HR Clinic which is part of a chain they are open 7 days a week, they charge 40 euro a pop which is pretty cheap (!) by local standards, other HR Clinics which have been open longer also charge this amount so it's not an opening offer.

Details here https://www.facebook.com/HR-Clinic-Waterford-2039752932775244/

As I understand it they don't accept medical cards?

A massive plus if so as it might be possible to actually get an appointment for once.

Advertisement