Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black Card

• 18-07-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi I was at a recent club Championship match and my local club lost in it. I noticed in the first half an opposition player got a black card for a deliberate trip and in the second half near the last couple of minutes I noticed the same player come back on to which no one really picked up on. Is this allowed?? If this not allowed what could be the repercussions?? A replay?? The win being awarded to the opposition??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

No it is not allowed for the same player to come back on

Category II Infractions – Cynical Behaviour
    5.10 To deliberately pull down an opponent.
    5.11 To deliberately trip an opponent with hand(s),
    arm, leg or foot.
    5.12 To deliberately collide with an opponent after he
    has played the ball away or for the purpose of
    taking him out of the movement of play.
    5.13 To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a
    Match Official..
    PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
    (i) Order the offender off by showing him a
    Black Card.
    (ii) Allow a replacement from within the
    substitutions permitted in Rule 2.4, Rules
    of Specification.
    (iii)Free kick from where the foul occurred
    except as provided under Exceptions of
    Rule 2.2.

A Substitution is not allowed in the case of a
    player ordered off.
    Exceptions:
    (a) As permitted by Rule 2.6(d), Rules of Specification.
    (b) Subject to limitations specified in (i) above,
    and to a maximum of three players on a
    team, a substitution is allowed in the case
    of a player ordered off in Football for a
    Cynical Behaviour (i.e. Black Card) Infraction
    provided that the player has not committed
    a Cautionable (i.e. Yellow Card) Infraction
    previously in the Game and in which
    circumstances he may not be substituted.

Now the issue ye will have it that referee or linesman should have been made aware of the incident at the time it occurred

After the event it will be a lot of he said/she said unless ye have proof it was the same guy

Better to bring up the issue asap

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    No it is not allowed for the same player to come back on

Category II Infractions – Cynical Behaviour
    5.10 To deliberately pull down an opponent.
    5.11 To deliberately trip an opponent with hand(s),
    arm, leg or foot.
    5.12 To deliberately collide with an opponent after he
    has played the ball away or for the purpose of
    taking him out of the movement of play.
    5.13 To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a
    Match Official..
    PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
    (i) Order the offender off by showing him a
    Black Card.
    (ii) Allow a replacement from within the
    substitutions permitted in Rule 2.4, Rules
    of Specification.
    (iii)Free kick from where the foul occurred
    except as provided under Exceptions of
    Rule 2.2.

A Substitution is not allowed in the case of a
    player ordered off.
    Exceptions:
    (a) As permitted by Rule 2.6(d), Rules of Specification.
    (b) Subject to limitations specified in (i) above,
    and to a maximum of three players on a
    team, a substitution is allowed in the case
    of a player ordered off in Football for a
    Cynical Behaviour (i.e. Black Card) Infraction
    provided that the player has not committed
    a Cautionable (i.e. Yellow Card) Infraction
    previously in the Game and in which
    circumstances he may not be substituted.

Now the issue ye will have it that referee or linesman should have been made aware of the incident at the time it occurred

After the event it will be a lot of he said/she said unless ye have proof it was the same guy

Better to bring up the issue asap

You say it will be a lot of he said/she said which is fairly true. I know that before games a team sheet is given to the ref with every players number and name matching the number and also if a sub is made the ref receives a white sheet to tell him what number came on and off. This could be seen possibly as evidence also. The opposition could of cutely switched the players number or threw him on also and might of just kept his normal number but that I'm not sure of.

Also if it had been mentioned in the game then I would say the only action taken would be the player would just leave the field. But seeing now the game is over is it a possible a replay or a win will be awarded to our club team?

The linesman should of got the subs slip with the name of the sub on and the player going off

Of course i doubt the opposition would be daft enough to say the same player came back on in writing

Still left with ye needing to prove it was the same player came back on. For instance could he have had a twin?

In Cork we had one game with identical triplets. 2 played and 1 was a sub

If ye can prove the same player came on ye would have a good shout for a replay .... getting awarded the game is not unheard of but it rarer

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The linesman should of got the subs slip with the name of the sub on and the player going off

Of course i doubt the opposition would be daft enough to say the same player came back on in writing

Still left with ye needing to prove it was the same player came back on. For instance could he have had a twin?

In Cork we had one game with identical triplets. 2 played and 1 was a sub

If ye can prove the same player came on ye would have a good shout for a replay .... getting awarded the game is not unheard of but it rarer

Is the subs slips and all that more less there to prevent and use as evidence of these things?

I know for a fact he doesn't have a twin but I did hear last year the same club were playing u17s in reserve matches although it was never reported and doubt the opposition really cared considering the stakes weren't probably that high.
    But I would say nearly sub's slip is the best proof?

Sub slips are a record of who played in the game after starting outside the starting line up

The difficulty will be if the ref has submitted his report already and in the report he will have said Black Card Ryan McHugh Team Donegal Tripping with Foot, hand etc

There is a seperate section for subs
    In Joe Blogs Out Ryan McHugh
    In Wilma Flintstone Out Kylie Monogue

The difficulty ye will have is if the other team did not name Ryan McHugh as coming back on and they insist only Joe Bloggs and Wilma Flintstone came on

• Advertisement

Yeah if that's the case it will probably be hard to prove I'd say...

Advertisement