Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caravan Park on the former Waterford Crystal site

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

What's with all the caravans and white lorries parked on the site of a former Waterford Crystal?

Is it actually what it says on the lorries - "Navan Furniture" and so on? - furnishing the offices there?

Or is this the next halting site should we go by the British regs on some of the cars there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Assumed it was travellers when I drove past the other day

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

certainly looks like some wealthy travellers have moved in there.

It's private land isn't it which you would assume makes it easier to get rid?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Assumed it was travellers when I drove past the other day

Yes, saw them there the other night with Garda squad car in attendance.

Some of them were around my estate yesterday . I recognized the furniture van from the Crystal car park. Two guys calling door to door and a second van with guys offering the usual gutter cleaning. Maintenance type stuff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's private land isn't it which you would assume makes it easier to get rid?

ive always wondered this, be interesting to see, the owner(s) must be driven demented at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ive always wondered this, be interesting to see, the owner(s) must be driven demented at the moment

If it's the Kavanaghs that own the site well my heart bleeds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As the owners are Frisby, I'll happy for them to suffer! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Just a different shower I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Why, what have you got against Frisbys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Their houses are pretty shabby in my experience, still maybe they've upped their game in more recent years.

• Advertisement

Judging by the amount of rubbish down there already it's definitely travellers.
    You would think that the guards could move them on with the whole trespassing on private property thing but maybe they do have to go through the courts for an order to move them.

Gone when I passed earlier. Left plenty of rubbish alright

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Gone when I passed earlier. Left plenty of rubbish alright

Lynx bottles all over the shop!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Lynx bottles all over the shop!!!

Makes sense: hot summer + no running water = sweaty k*****rs

Advertisement