Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morton Games 2018

• 17-07-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

http://mortongames.ie/

This Thursday in Santry stadium
    6.30 Aon Men’s 100 – qualifying race 1

6.38 Aon Men’s 100 – qualifying race 2

6.44 Men’s 800 Wheelchair

6.50 Junior Men’s Mile (sponsored by Harrier Products)

7.00 Juvenile 16 x 100 (1 Mile) relay (sponsored by Harrier Products)

7.10 IMC Women’s 800 (Sponsored by Dublin Front Runners)

7.16 IMC Men’s 800 (Sponsored by Investec)

7.24 Men’s 400B

7.30 Opening of International Event

7.32 JWT Folk Women’s 400

7.41 Loki Sport Men’s 400

7.50 Aon Women’s 100

7.59 Aon Men’s 100

8.08 Albie Thomas Memorial 5000 (sponsored by Dublin Athletics Board)

8.28 Hireco Women’s 1500

8.37 Men’s 800

8.46 Dublin Marathon Women’s 800

9.00 Morton Mile (sponsored by Behan & Associates/Commercial Hygiene Services)

Field Events

7.35 Men`s Javelin (Sponsored by Fashionflo)

7.40 Women`s High Jump (Sponsored by Last Lap Café)

The highlight of the evening will of course be Brothers Pearse running in the juvenile relay, but if you miss that, don't despair!

Sarah Healy is running in the 1500

The 5000 will feature Stephen Scullion, and several international athletes also chasing the European championship qualifying time.

Phil Healy and Catherine McManus in the 400, racing Maggie Barrie (PB 51:36)

Brian Gregan is injured, but there are two sub 45 runners in the men's 400

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Mens mile will see Travers and Tobin line up against Lopez Lomong former US 1500m champion (current 10,000m champion) a 3.51 men at his best over the mile.

800m should be a good one on womens side two with Siofra, Mooney and Mageean going head to head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I won't make it this year as I have a clashing event (a literary one - I don't do anything apart from books & running, apparently), but it's always great!

The sprints are always so exciting, and I'd love to see Ciara Mageean & Síofra C-B in the same race.

People should definitely go up if they get a chance. Bring a picnic dinner & make an evening of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Thursday? For feck sake. Booked time off work for Wednesday in order to get up. Really annoying the way they keep changing the day it's on. I know I should check but just assumed it was a Wednesday again. Won't be going now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I won't make it this year as I have a clashing event (a literary one - I don't do anything apart from books & running, apparently), but it's always great!

The sprints are always so exciting, and I'd love to see Ciara Mageean & Síofra C-B in the same race.

People should definitely go up if they get a chance. Bring a picnic dinner & make an evening of it!

Good meet, but this is an area that could be improved. The catering options are dire there. Would be great to have proper hot food and BBQ type options like you get at meets on the continent. Being able to buy beer and bring it track side would be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

pconn062 wrote: »
    Thursday? For feck sake. Booked time off work for Wednesday in order to get up. Really annoying the way they keep changing the day it's on. I know I should check but just assumed it was a Wednesday again. Won't be going now.

I assumed it would be back to Friday again. Although it was advertised as Thursday 19th for some time now. I guess diamond leagues Friday 20th and Saturday 21st don't help with scheduling and trying to attract big names. Website could do with some improvements. Can't use it on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I assumed it would be back to Friday again. Although it was advertised as Thursday 19th for some time now. I guess diamond leagues Friday 20th and Saturday 21st don't help with scheduling and trying to attract big names. Website could do with some improvements. Can't use it on the phone.

The Diamond League selected athletes won't be racing in the Morton Games.

YFlyer wrote: »

Pretty sure they have in the past, you jave also had years where Morton Mile was actually a faster race than the DL Mile (I believe the year Leer won it was 3rd fastest mile race in the world that year)

Not sure I follow. Because the scheduling clashes or because diamond league athletes don't run Morton games? English, Barr, Mageean, Bishop, Blake, Blankenship, Buckman, Centrowitz, Lacaze, Leer ...?

Not sure I follow. Because the scheduling clashes or because diamond league athletes don't run Morton games? English, Barr, Mageean, Bishop, Blake, Blankenship, Buckman, Centrowitz, Lacaze, Leer ...?

Had they competed in a Diamond League meet either a day or two days after competing at the Morton Games?

Had they competed in a Diamond League meet either a day or two days after competing at the Morton Games?

Which brings us back to my original post. ...and to answer your question, I don't know.

• Advertisement

I remember English running the Diamond League the day after Morton. Can’t remember which year.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Phil Healy is running 400 at Morton then the 4x100 at the Diamond League.

She's with Gina, Neville and Patience Jumbo-Gula in that 4x100 too

Faugheen wrote: »

Ryan Gregson 800 Morton, 1500 London.

...Weather should be good for fast running tomorrow night. Warm, not too warm, dry by the looks of it but might get a little breezy evening. Hopefully not too breezy.

Faugheen wrote: »

Great chance for the National Senior relay record to go.

Yeah should be interesting. Wonder how they will line up. Presuming Gina goes 2nd and Ciara 3rd (but maybe not) does Patience or Phil anchor. Molly Scott was lightening out of the blocks in Tampere.

Tom Barr in 400H in London should be good watching too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yeah should be interesting. Wonder how they will line up. Presuming Gina goes 2nd and Ciara 3rd (but maybe not) does Patience or Phil anchor. Molly Scott was lightening out of the blocks in Tampere.

Seeing as Phil is replacing Molly she should run the first leg and the others can stay the same. Healy's the fastest by a good margin so it makes sense to put her on the longest leg.

(awaits onslaught ;))

Be interesting to see how they line out in Berlin. Joan Healy will be in the mix, as is Amy Foster (though she doesn't seem to run many relays for whatever reason).

They should be targeting a place in the final in Berlin.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think putting Healy on the first leg would be a waste. She's our fastest runner and should be anywhere else other than the start.

Neville to lead because I think she's the next best starter after Molly. Keep Gina in second, then Healy's 200m experience to tackle the bend and leaving Jumbo-Gula to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Is it live on the telly or live streamed somewhere?

Is it live on the telly or live streamed somewhere?

Flotrack subscribers can access it

https://www.flotrack.org/events/6213277-2018-morton-games

Alternatively cheaper and more atmosphere by going if you can ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Flotrack subscribers can access it

https://www.flotrack.org/events/6213277-2018-morton-games

Alternatively cheaper and more atmosphere by going if you can ;)

Do you know if you can watch it back after the livestream is over? I've training tonight myself.

Live stream here

http://mortongames.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nevan

Livestream is live now. From the front page it’s the “Livestream Ireland and Europe” image link. Doesn’t work on Mac Safari for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Made it! :)

Picture and sound are out of sync.

Did they cut in too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

It's on free sports live which you can tune into the sky box anyway.

• Advertisement

Whoever they got to operate the live stream must be the cheapest of the cheap. Cuts out, buffers, stops and doesn’t continue. Rewinds back 2 seconds every 6-7 seconds. I’ve seen about 5 minutes in the last 30 mins and just giving up now.

Anyone else having same problems?

Advertisement