Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone please?
    I listened to both tunes before my post above and I like Digweed but yeah, no idea. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Can anyone tell me what genre of house this is? I believe it's disco house but want to be certain. Cheers in advance.

I would just call it House

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

This may seem a strange request, can anyone help!?
    The missus is a big fan of Room to Improve on RTE and we watch it every Sunday night.

Every week there is a song that comes on in the background usually when they are showing the completed house.

I thought it was an Air track, a remix if ‘Kelly watch the stars’ but I can seem to find it.

It’s an instrumental chill out track, kinda trumpets sound in it. Ill try and find a clip of it in the show on You Tube and post it, cant in work at the moment.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

Big Vern wrote: »
    This may seem a strange request, can anyone help!?
    The missus is a big fan of Room to Improve on RTE and we watch it every Sunday night.

Every week there is a song that comes on in the background usually when they are showing the completed house.

I thought it was an Air track, a remix if ‘Kelly watch the stars’ but I can seem to find it.

It’s an instrumental chill out track, kinda trumpets sound in it. Ill try and find a clip of it in the show on You Tube and post it, cant in work at the moment.

Any thoughts?

I think it may be Air, but it is a track on this EP-I can't find the individual track on YT so you may just need to skip through it -though it may be the one at 10 mins

francois wrote: »
    I think it may be Air, but it is a track on this EP-I can't find the individual track on YT so you may just need to skip through it -though it may be the one at 10 mins

Cheers, will have a listen later on!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There was definitely an Air track on it last night, also a Badly Drawn Boy track - I Love NYE if I recall correctly. The Air track was earlier in the episode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Found the first track at 22:20 is this

Can't figure out who the second is by though :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Any help here lads? Can only post a link to a video for a Facebook group so hopefully ye can listen
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/243995612322694?view=permalink&id=1639380689450839

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

clonadlad wrote: »
    Any help here lads? Can only post a link to a video for a Facebook group so hopefully ye can listen
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/243995612322694?view=permalink&id=1639380689450839

Link doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

mordeith wrote: »
    Link doesn't work for me

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's in a private FB group, which is why we can't see it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's an instrumental that samples Stevie Nicks Stand Back. i'm unable to id no further, sorry

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

it's an instrumental that samples Stevie Nicks Stand Back. i'm unable to id no further, sorry

Cheers for that!

Found it

https://www.discogs.com/Linus-Loves-Stand-Back/release/212883

Linus loves- stand back, didn't realize it got a commercial release and has a cheesy vocal, ya no thanks, I'd love a copy of the version felix played above.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Don’t know the song at all, but there is an instrumental version on this release https://www.discogs.com/Linus-Loves-Feat-Sam-Obernik-Stand-Back/release/282994

EDit wrote: »
    Don’t know the song at all, but there is an instrumental version on this release https://www.discogs.com/Linus-Loves-Feat-Sam-Obernik-Stand-Back/release/282994

Cheers!

Found it

https://www.discogs.com/Linus-Loves-Stand-Back/release/212883

Linus loves- stand back, didn't realize it got a commercial release and has a cheesy vocal, ya no thanks, I'd love a copy of the version felix played above.

it's definitely not that all though it does sample the same original track. the track you are looking for is one of felix's own remixes of the original track.
    https://soundcloud.com/henry-kaufmann/02-stevie-nicks-stand-back-felix-da-housecat-remix

it's definitely not that all though it does sample the same original track. the track you are looking for is one of felix's own remixes of the original track.
    https://soundcloud.com/henry-kaufmann/02-stevie-nicks-stand-back-felix-da-housecat-remix

Cheers for that, that's the version I want, can't get it anywhere though it seems.

Cheers for that, that's the version I want, can't get it anywhere though it seems.

it was never released by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

it was never released by the looks of it.

Aww that's a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Mid 90's track. Graham Keely played it on Power FM and I think you might have heard it a bit in the Temple as well. It had a sample "Go".. It wasn't Moby Go - a bit more underground than that? Any ideas?

Graham Keely did a mix on Power FM (pretty sure it was power) but it also had Fluke, bullet in it and a selection of super tracks. IF anyone has that mix, please send on. Thanks.

Ok, think this is it- Armed Response:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSeYODrR5Nw

It is definitely the same "go" sample, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

90s dance track. Cheesy.
    Female vocal sample "delicious" .
    That's all I have, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

JG009 wrote: »
    90s dance track. Cheesy.
    Female vocal sample "delicious" .
    That's all I have, anyone?

Haven't been round these parts in quite some time but stumbled onto it today. I assume you're looking for this:

I actually have that somewhere.:rolleyes:

It was on The Ministry of Sound Annual II which is where I'd assume most people know it from.

Haven't been round these parts in quite some time but stumbled onto it today. I assume you're looking for this:

I actually have that somewhere.:rolleyes:

It was on The Ministry of Sound Annual II which is where I'd assume most people know it from.

Thanks. Not it im afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks. Not it im afraid :(

Wow, was pretty sure from your description that was going to be it.

Can you give me anything else to go on?

Wow, was pretty sure from your description that was going to be it.

Can you give me anything else to go on?

Thats pretty much it. Vocal was pretty clear and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thats pretty much it. Vocal was pretty clear and slow.

Is it the same sample though? There's a bunch of remixes of that same tune. Wondering if it's a remix and not the original.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Is it the same sample though? There's a bunch of remixes of that same tune. Wondering if it's a remix and not the original.

@buttersuki and JDxtra, forgive me, yes it is actually the sample at the start of bush babies but whatever mix / track I heard it on, the vocal was much clearer, but mix / track was different.

Thanks again. Will have a look on YouTube and see if any of them is it.

• Advertisement

Bit of a long shot this one.

I lived in Dublin in the 00’s. I used to listen to Power FM a lot, loads of tapes recorded from it.
    In early 2005 there was a show on Sunday night from 11 to 1 (I think!) and the DJ was Brian Cody (again not sure) played sort of dark progressive house/trance.

There was one song I really loved and he played it quiet regularly around this time.

The name of song and artist are very sketchy with me.

Nearly sure the artist was called Cosmos Epsolong (really just spelling that the way I remember) and the song had ‘Love Song/Story’ in the title. Nearly sure there was a male singer in it.

Ive had no luck on google and I’ve a box of about 50 tapes with stuff on them that I don’t have time to go through!

Sorry it’s all a bit vague but it might ring a bell with someone.

Advertisement