Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellar Darling

• 19-06-2018 12:32am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else hear of these, I got their album based on listening to Avalanche and Black Moon which are good commercial metal songs, I was surprised the rest of it is more proggy, heavy Muse vibes off some tracks, Rebels and Fire, Wind & Earth especially.

I never heard of a hurdy gurdy before it's a nice instrument that sits well in the mix, there isn't a bad track on this album and it flows well (even the bonus tracks are brilliant), Anna has a fantastic voice and the lyrics are great, Under the Oak Tree is such a sad song but I love it and Hedonia is amazing, obvious Queen influence, I only got into them in April so I missed them in Dublin earlier this year, hope they'll be back in the next year or two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah I think they're really good, first caught them opening up for Delain in Paris, liked what I heard picked up the album after the show and got it signed by them an all. They were core members of Eluveitie; the lads for 6 albums,Anna on 5 they weren't pulling in the same direction at the end so parted ways, their fans were not happy at the time having since seen the statements online.

I Subsequently enjoyed the album too I naturally wanted to the go to the headline show which was really good, as they only have the one album they played the lot along with the Queen cover :)

Will they be back eventually? I'd hope so, they are working on album 2. They appeared at Download the week gone and pretty much all places I've seen them covered have been very positive towards them. When they played here it was a rather small show with a number of the audience being related to Anna (Her dad originally from Skerries) but the other dates after (UK shows) were of small stature too.

They have actually just been announced for a show in Dublin for 2019. :)

Same venue as last trip (On The Rox)...so going!! Only date on the Island...29/3/19.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The only Eluveitie song I know is Call of the Mountains, it's decent enough, never got the urge to check out more, might do at some point, heard Anna say that Merlin was sacked, her and Ivo weren't happy about it and said we're off as well.

Looking at their social media looks like they might have album two out by the time March comes around, still mildy irked I missed them in March, as long as I get to see them do Hedonia I'll be happy enough, their version of Cold Song is so good it deserved a place on the album instead of just being a bonus track.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

New song, good to hear they are still giving us that weird proggy sh1t.

Only got to that new track in last week, terrific! :)

• Advertisement

It's a song that gets better every time you listen to it, album should be brilliant.

QzOpWPW.jpg

01. Pain
    02. Death
    03. Love
    04. The Spell
    05. Burn
    06. Hang
    07. Sleep
    08. Insomnia
    09. Freeze
    10. Fall
    11. Drown
    12. Love Pt. II
    13. Death Pt. II

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Looking forward to the gig at the end of the month

Enjoyed the other night, think there was more there the last time, not sure why they moved it to the bigger room on lead up. Have had Love pt II stuck in my head since, class act though makes me shudder when there's sparse enough crowds at shows like these and at the same time Picture This are playing consecutive nights in the point.

I prefer going to see bands in smaller venues, although I invariably find myself beside idiots anyway, there was these two lads who went out to the bar twice and spent the entire time talking, luckily enough they pissed off somewhere else after about half an hour and I never seen them again, and the other side of me these two drunk eejits roaring like bullocks the whole night, they were shouting nonsense at Anna towards the end, she showed great patience in fairness, wouldn't blame her if she had them thrown out.

The gig was a strange one, didn't expect as much from the new album, I had only heard 2/3 songs off it, it was funny when one song ended and the crowd didn't react and Anna had to go 'Yeah it's over' was nice to hear Prophet's Song but would have prefered Hedonia if you gave me the choice, I got the album and listened to it twice, I'll probably have to give it a few more listens before it starts to sink in, I love the bonus disc of Anna narrating the story such a novel idea, hope I catch them again when I'm more familiar with the second album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Enjoyed the gig , but found it a bit samey after a while.

Here's a new side project from Anna, it's fair to say they aren't angling for radio play

Been listening to this masterpiece a lot recently, they just don't do bad music, hope they'll have a new album out in the near future.

^^Still one of my top songs of the year, masterpiece is right!

They've announced a UK tour for the end of October, nothing here yet.

They started on a new album this week.

Advertisement