Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Varadkar tells it as it is...media whine about it

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

He picked the worst place and time to say it and the worst person to agree with.

The media here is useless but it isn't even vaguely like what Trump's rants about an imaginary US media come up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Right, because Leo is all about substance with his socks photo ops.

Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,825 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He has a unique ability to put his foot in things. Maybe the 'socks' thing is a subliminal giveaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

L1011 wrote: »
    He picked the worst place and time to say it and the worst person to agree with.

The media here is useless but it isn't even vaguely like what Trump's rants about an imaginary US media come up to.

I agree entirely that he picked the worst possible place to say it. But OP has a fair point about sections of the media here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He's kind of correct, but the man is a complete spoofer who is obsessed with his public image and being seen as ordinary when he in fact, and always has been in a very elite, and privileged position.

He is also one to talk about facts, considering he would give the Politburo a run for their money in how he frames the truth

He's a d!ckhead and not cut out for a job of such responsibility. If he was, he'd have stuck to medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The problem I have is that the lack of fact checking often suits the government, if I were Leo I'd not worry about the Irish media, they are almost always on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

'I'll look after the people who get outta the bed early in the morning'.

ROTFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

FYP!
    Weepsie wrote: »
    He's kind of correct, but the man is a complete spoofer who is obsessed with his public image and being seen as ordinary when he in fact, he and his parents have worked extraordinarily hard to get where they are.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement