Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Succession [HBO] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That looks superb. Great cast too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ah shure, an aul teaser before tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Confident opener, I liked the dynamic. And boy, when Brian Cox eyeballs you, do you know about it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That looks really good any of the sky channels picking this up?

Loughc wrote: »
    That looks really good any of the sky channels picking this up?

There's a note about it on a Sky forum from February. Sounds like they have it. No air date yet.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/NEW-HBO-drama-Succession/td-p/2795139

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There's a note about it on a Sky forum from February. Sounds like they have it. No air date yet.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/NEW-HBO-drama-Succession/td-p/2795139

HBO so expect Sky Atlantic to air soon enough

This has been renewed.

I thought 1.02 was pretty good, lots of jockeying for position and agendas flying, wondered if they were going to try and demolish the wife there. Did get a slight sense it was dragging its feet a little on the CEO/COO decision/continuity thing, but I guess it's not an easy call. It's gonna take a while to learn everyone's name (the sister and other brother fighting in the lecture hall :pac:). The cousin is fairly gullible, though smart enough to cover his arse. Great shot when they were on the roof just as the sun was coming up. And the proposal...dear God, man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Anyone still watching this. I am up to date with the US pace. Love the opening theme.

It is a fine series and after this weeks events it is looking very good for the finale.

I've watched 4. It's good, but I'm a bit unsure about it and don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Liking it so far! It can be a bit off the mark in some places, but a decent show. Worth a watch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I made it to the second episode, couldn't warm to any of the characters and cared nothing for their problems, so stopped watching it. A pity, because HBO is usually quality viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Sky Atlantic on Thursday August 2nd at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I'm up to US pace also. It starts quite slowly, as far as I'm concerned. Some of the characters are more guarded and less interesting. As the show goes on, different storylines are developed and a bit of suspense is incorporated and it gets very, very good.

I think Tom (the future son in-law) is one of the funniest characters I've seen in a drama. His dynamic with the great-nephew is just brilliant and provides so many moments of this unsettling humour. There's one scene in a nightclub where the great-nephew makes an inadvertent observation on nightclub culture that was just brilliant.

Catching up slowly. Sixth episode was a bit of a massacre.

Looking forward to the final ep Sunday night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looking forward to the final ep Sunday night.

I didn't realise that it was such a short series, great show.

Caught up now. I liked how they kept the pacing consistent without any rush towards the finale. Plenty of daggers thrown about. The senator was a bit on the weak side, intentionally, the enemy within is more interesting and inevitably lethal. Not sure if Kendall can read things as well as he thinks. Greg picks up on a fair bit, but that kid can't keep a secret. He still has those couple of documents, right?

He has the documents alright. :D

It will be interesting to see if Kendall can deliver.

I was spoiled re the significant event - crash, so that diluted its impact somewhat. We know from the therapy episode that Logan has his own scars too. Anyway. All the kids had a bit of a rough evening...implosions, marriage stuff and such. Logan survived. Greg still has those documents. Wonder if someone will put together a Youtube compilation of Logan simply going around telling people to f off. :pac:

Line (no, not that kind!) of the episode: I'm Shiv F***in' Roy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah really enjoyed it. It's got its own style of humour which takes a little getting used to.

Cast are amazing - Brian Cox is really intimidating and the others bounce of that well.

The writing is a little weaker in comparison. Wasn't a fan of the ending. It leaves things too closed for the next season. If that had happened in the past and then Logan was using it to stop the takeover I think that could have been interesting, and then Kendall could have used the cruise info in retaliation.

In some ways we are back to square 1 for season 2.

• Advertisement

Will there be a second season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah it's been approved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Just finished this, a little gem with a fantastic cast.. Culkin is superb Imo.. highly recommend .

https://youtu.be/OzYxJV_rmE8

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Merged with previous thread.

Search function threw up nothing ! .. on mobile anyway, delighted it got a 2nd season, fantastic cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Watched E1 last night. It had me at "freekend", just great script and cast. The lead guy has a Michael Keaton vibe about him and I love that Ferris Bueller's highly-strung school friend is in it. Still with an @sshole of a father, but looking like he has his sh!t together these days. "I'm water. I go with the flow." Some of the "normal" characters give the impression they made turn out weird, though. Can't wait to find out.

Watched E1 last night. It had me at "freekend", just great script and cast. The lead guy has a Michael Keaton vibe about him and I love that Ferris Bueller's highly-strung school friend is in it. Still with an @sshole of a father, but looking like he has his sh!t together these days. "I'm water. I go with the flow." Some of the "normal" characters give the impression they made turn out weird, though. Can't wait to find out.

Thought it was "prekend" as in a Thursday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Thought it was "prekend" as in a Thursday ?

Yep, i stand corrected. That makes a lot more sense for sure.

steve_r wrote: »
    In some ways we are back to square 1 for season 2.

Yeah, hopefully that's not a template they fall back on repeatedly if it goes on for a few more years.

Good write up here in the New Yorker. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/09/03/successions-satisfyingly-nasty-family-ties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

excellent show and looking forward to season 2!

Advertisement