Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dating Foreigners

• 11-07-2018 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I'm a bloke, almost 30 and have been with my Mexican gf for almost a year.

Of my male friends, all are going out with Americans, Austrians, Australians, Brazilians, Spanish and even more Mexicans. Only one of us is with an Irish girl.

Contrast this with my female friends and not one of them is going out with a foreign lad.

What with the advent of Tinder and ever growing multi-culturalism going on in Dublin it seems many blokes are looking for a bit of strange but women not as much or at least that's what I have found in my own circle.

So I was wondering are we going to see heaps of single Irish women in the next few years?

and more importantly does this mean we are going to have a good national football team in a few years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

I think it's difficult to not find them appealing.

I'm not sure what's going to happen to Irish society if there's more mixed race couples. I don't think it's a bad thing in practice....

Irish women have really high standards though. I think it makes it more difficult to stay in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Immigration may fix up the FAI yet :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

I certainly wouldn't advocate it, rather keep it local and not ruin the family line in such a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Taytoland wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't advocate it, rather keep it local and not ruin the family line in such a way.

Keep it in the family, eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

yeah I married a fordiner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Would you go away with that. Salt and Vinegar and Cheese and Onion. You have been mixing your lines for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Curious as to what you mean by this? Ruin the family line?

Can't see any problem with it myself, but then I've only dated foreign women for the last two decades. Irish women don't tend to be interested in me, and I'm not terribly attracted to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Google Jamie and Cersei Lannister, you’ll get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

What on earth can you possibly mean by that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

With the brazilian population in the country as strong as it is, I hope the government have accounted for a World Cup win in the Ireland 2040 plans

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Apt name, keep those spudheads going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Most of my former gf's were "foreign" and my current SO is Puerto Rican. I'm all for Irish girls and guys dating foreign. Spice up the gene pool lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Can't see any problem with it myself, but then I've only dated foreign women for the last two decades. Irish women don't tend to be interested in me, and I'm not terribly attracted to them.

I'm assuming it's all online considering you wouldn't have them in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I can't see a problem in dating a foreigner. If you have feelings it shouldn't matter where they are from, unless they are from a rival parish in which case you've got a Romeo and Juliet situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Gotta say I'd need to give a lot of thought before getting seriously involved with someone from a far away land.

I'm sure it's great for you and your mates OP, what happens however when one of these ladies gets pregnant and and yearns for family support/gets homesick and is determined to move back home. Great if you're happy to go with her, otherwise...

There was a thread in Personal Issues recently with someone going through that very same thing. Nightmare scenario imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

At least well move up places the ugliest nations tables now..............thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I'd have thought there are plenty of 'bloodlines' in the country that could do with some fresh blood to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Irish women are boring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

There's a question for ya now, is it racist to want white kids if you're white yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I think this is what Taytoland means :
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448064/

There tends to be more health problems down the line.

As a sufferer of Sarcoidosis and European, I am watching mixed race Americans (namely African Americans) suffer much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

for **** sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

There's a question for ya now, is it racist to want white kids if you're white yourself?

Yes it is.......
    Your kids will get diversity points entering college.
    Diversity points entering the work place.
    Etc etc
    nothing to do with merit

.............. and dont forget to be reminded about your white privilege

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Overall, it seems to still be predominantly Irish-Irish pairings still.

Irish men with for-ee-gin women seems more common but the other way round is not unheard of. I know a few marriages like this.

It’s not going to cause a huge problem.

As an aside, I only ever hear Irish men use the term ‘dating’ when talking about foreign ladeez. When talking about Irish women, it tends to be ‘going out with’ or ‘seeing’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I think this is what Taytoland means :

No it's not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

pwisp wrote: »

for **** sake
    Trying to keep it as it is on the Irish flag, nothing wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

pwisp wrote: »
    for **** sake

That's the end of me and Tayto, that's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Id say you're in full control of that situation unless you're not white. Otherwise it's odd territory to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Trying to keep it as it is on the Irish flag, nothing wrong with that.

What's it like on the Irish flag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Pa8301 wrote: »
    What's it like on the Irish flag?

White? I hope I'm wrong with that guess though.

Advertisement