Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Condor [** Spoilers **]

• 07-06-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭

This started last night in the States. A reimagining of the 70s classic, Three Days of the Condor, brought up to date for the 21st century.

Good cast, including Brendan Fraser, Mira Sorvino and William Hurt.

I haven't seen it yet, but based on the trailer, it's moving to the top of my watchlist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just saw the first episode. This looks damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Top notch pilot episode right up there with some of the best I've seen in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

Routine i thought , but very watchable and interesting

It won't be knocking the The Bureau off its perch or anything

No sign of Ep 2 ,I thought it was showing last nite

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

It's on ATT website for the 'USA'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Mikenesson wrote: »
    No sign of Ep 2 ,I thought it was showing last nite
    The first episode also took a couple of days to show up.

Another really solid episode expanding the story.

Joe is Jeremy Irons & Sinead Cusack's son.

Decent episode I thought

The plot can tend to be predictable in these type of shows when you've seen enough of them.

Its not doing too badly in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

glad I came across this sorry it wasn't a few more episodes in though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Good so far. Is it just me that gets a strong whiff of the Jason Bourne movies from it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

I dunno professional clean up crew put a single shot in every head but two in the chest for him.

And that's my only issue good summer stuff to keep me entertained until the last ship is back

Might watch the rest of ep3 later if I can be bothered

The cheese content is rising all the time 5/10

Episode 5 of this seems to be on the missing list....

It didn't air last week due to the 4th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It didn't air last week due to the 4th of July.

Ah, that makes sense! And I thought my cousins in the US were getting lazy.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I've a funny feeling this will go the same way as Shooter - reasonable story for 1 season that'll be dragged and drawn out over 3 or 4 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shooter is based on 3 different Stephen Hunter books, so it's not being drawn out at all.
    They're all pretty self contained. There is continuity though (which isn't a bad thing).

Season 1 is based on Point of Impact
    Season 2 is based on Time to Hunt
    Season 3 is based on Black Light

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

was wondering why I couldn't find this

Well damm I didn't expect that ending.

They aren't shy at killing off cast members.

• Advertisement

Well they aren't shy about killing off people and what a great ending to this weeks episode I wonder who will survive the finale next week.

I hope it doesn't end on a bloody cliffhanger.

Enough of a closure and enough of a thread for a second season depending on if it is cancelled or renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I enjoyed it now tbh and I wasn’t expecting much when I first saw the trailer. It’s some show for culling characters though. I see the actor who plays Joe is the son of Jeremy Irons. It’ll be Intereting to see where it goes for season 2.

Watched it over the last week or so. Definitely best watched that way imo. Big fan of the book and movie and the nods towards the latter in the end. She spoke Jouberts lines word for word. Felt a bit rushed though at the end and more like a films wrap up than 10 episode tv show with a tease of more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Universal on Monday October 29th at 9pm with a double

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Starting on RTE tonight.

Judging by the comments here it sounds like it is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Starting on RTE tonight.

Judging by the comments here it sounds like it is worth a look.

It is not a slow burner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Watched all of this over the weekend , really enjoyed it .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Watched the last 2 episodes last night on RTE.

Wow what a finale!

Don't think I've ever seen a series that killed off so many characters in one go, I kind of like Gabrielle so was glad to see she survived.

• Advertisement

Renewed for a second season.
    Former Faking It star Rita Volk has been set for a recurring role on the upcoming second season of AT&T Audience Network’s spy drama Condor. She joins fellow newcomers Constance Zimmer, Toby Leonard Moore, Rose Rollins, Isidora Goreshter, Eric Johnson, Alexei Bondar and Jonathan Kells Phillips in the series from MGM Television and Skydance Television.

In Season 2, in the wake of the death of his Uncle Bob (William Hurt), Joe Turner (Max Irons) is forced to return to the CIA’s tight-knit Virginia community to find the Russian traitor who’s responsible, and face the demons of his past.

The Uzbekistan-born Volk will play Polina, an employee of the Russian embassy in Washington, DC who harbors secrets of her own.

Returning from the Season 1 cast along with Irons is Bob Balaban and Kristen Hager. Jason Smilovic is also back as showrunner with Todd Katzberg. Smilovic, Katzberg and Andrew McCarthy serve as executive producers along with Shane Elrod for Audience, and David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross for Skydance. No premiere date for Season 2 has been set yet.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/condor-rita-volk-season-2-cast-audience-network-1202624771/

Advertisement