Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford to Dublin Morning Commute

• 09-07-2018 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Does anyone regularly commute from Waterford to Dublin by car, or has anyone driven that way in the morning recently? Especially since the roadworks were added outside Naas.

A family member has a hospital appointment in Dublin around 9am this week. Just wondering what time we'd need to leave Waterford at to get into Dublin City Centre for around 9am? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Allow at least 2 half hours, at the time of morning it will take 50 min to navigate just Dublin alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd give yourself 3 hours, just encase, you ll probably be there well in time, and under little pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Just spoke to a lad who Travels the N7 Every morning and he said there are road works along a 10k part of it, factor that in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Waterford born, and living in the heart of Dublin at the moment.

You'll make fairly good progress from Waterford to at least Kilcullen, but will be slowed down by the time you reach Naas. The roadworks aren't too bad (it's much worse coming out of Dublin when the N7 drops from three lanes to two) but getting to the Red Cow and into the city will consume a lot of time.

I'd leave Waterford between 6AM & 0630AM, depending on which hospital you're attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Thanks for the responses folks. I drive Dublin-Waterford and back about once a month myself but never at rush hour in the morning. Reckon we'll leave around 6am just to be safe. If we're a few minutes late, we're a few minutes late. Probably be waiting around the hospital long enough anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I go up and down at least twice a week.

I take the JJ Kavanagh bus. the 6.30am bus gets you right into the city centre just past O'Connell Street for about 8.40/50am, I start work at 9am in the city centre and find it very reliable.

Return ticket €19.00 , so much cheaper than driving up and down between petrol and parking in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

With the school holidays, travel time will be a small bit quicker than it would be during Sep-May/June.

Advertisement