Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness Pro14 Season 2018-2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

A bit old at this stage, but worth a shot for the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well, well past it. He'll get a couple hundred thousand I imagine and that's money that would be far better invested elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

McAlister announced his retirement today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

McAlister announced his retirement today.

Isnt signing for the Ospreys the same thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    A bit old at this stage, but worth a shot for the right price.
    Buer wrote: »
    Well, well past it. He'll get a couple hundred thousand I imagine and that's money that would be far better invested elsewhere.

He's 8 months older than Johnny will be at the RWC. :(

EDIT: And a year younger than our captain is now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know when fixtures are due? Later last year because addition of SA teama. Start of August maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know when fixtures are due? Later last year because addition of SA teama. Start of August maybe?

answered in the article, mid july
    Q: Quite a few fans are frustrated that the fixtures for next season aren’t out yet. Can you explain why that’s the case.

A: It’s an incredibly complex process.

It’s completely different to the English or French leagues where all the teams are in the same country and it’s a simple home and away format.
    We’ve got 14 different teams from five countries. We’ve got cross border trips and flights to and from South Africa.

We also have to wait for the football fixtures because there are a number of joint venues.

But we are pretty close to getting the fixtures finalised.

As I say, we’ve got a broadcasters meeting this week and then they will go to clubs first.

They should be out the same time as last year, which was the middle of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pyrgos is moving from Glasgow to Edinburgh.

Kennedy, Pyrgos, Fowles and Shiels.
    I'd imagine Shiels will jump Fowles in that order. 2 decent SHs there, in Kennedy and Pyrgos for the Internationals to keep momentum going,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

wp_rathead wrote: »
    answered in the article, mid july

Thanks for that. Hadn't read it. Pretty sure it was start of August last year but probably because of late addition of SA teams.

Top 14 out already, Premiership out soon. So would expect Champions Cup fixtures to be out August then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Have Premier Sports or Eir Sports announced anything regarding presenters and pundits.

I have a fear we are going to get the old Setanta team from pre 2010!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

bilston wrote: »
    Have Premier Sports or Eir Sports announced anything regarding presenters and pundits.

I have a fear we are going to get the old Setanta team from pre 2010!

Rumours that George Hook will be doing the old Tom McGurk rte roll.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Worst case is a panel of Neil Francis, Stephen Jones (of Sunday Times infamy) and Allan Massie

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We Want Franno!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Matt Williams maybe if he can. Or maybe he's tied to Tv3

Manu Samoa to cardiff blues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Massive boost for Wales though. Pivac and Jones could do great things at the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Have I missed Gatland getting the boot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bilston wrote: »
    Have I missed Gatland getting the boot?

Don't think he was sacked but instead said he's going to leave Wales after the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Why are they announcing it so far ahead of time? If true, Wales won't play a test under him until the 2020 6 Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

DGRulz wrote: »
    Why are they announcing it so far ahead of time? If true, Wales won't play a test under him until the 2020 6 Nations.

They are calling it succession planning

I can see some advantages in having certainty

Are we any closer to fixtures, format, number of teams, name of competition etc.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Are we any closer to fixtures, format, number of teams, name of competition etc.

Format and number of teams same as last year.

Fixtures out toward the end of July. They need to wait for Soccer fixtures as some teams share stadia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Format and number of teams same as last year.

Fixtures out toward the end of July. They need to wait for Soccer fixtures as some teams share stadia.

Football fixtures were released mid June.

Maybe they need to wait for the South African Soccer league or whatever it's called.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

it's going to be strange having someone else coaching Wales, Gatland started in Nov 07.

That was only a couple of months after Bertie said
    I don't know how people who engage in that (talking the economy down) don't commit suicide

It's that long ago!!

Eggchasers proposed the terrifyingly logical scenario where Gatland takes over the England job after Jones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Eggchasers proposed the terrifyingly logical scenario where Gatland takes over the England job after Jones...

I would have thought he's done with this part of the world. Doesn't his family still live back in NZ? He'll be 56 after the RWC and won't be short of some cash. Unless he has specific ambitions to coach England, I don't see what is left for him in the northern hemisphere; he has won everything there is to win really.

Advertisement