Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins -New Music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Ye I like it, considering going to see there London gig in October

I imagine it will sell out in no time? although sales in the states not great so far Would be great to see them live though.They would sell out any stadium in Ireland.
    I do think getting Chamberlin and Ida back has revitalized Billy,great performance on that american late show recently.

Would love to see them come to Ireland but its unlikely, there seems to be plenty tickets available to for the gig in London.

Tickets steep at £95 each.

Seriously tempted to book flights and tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who's in the band now? Corgan, Chamberlain and Iha I gather - who's the fourth?

• Advertisement

The first recording in over 18 years to feature founding members Billy Corgan, James Iha, and Jimmy Chamberlin. Recorded in Malibu, CA at Shangri La Studios with producer Rick Rubin and longtime Smashing Pumpkins guitarist Jeff Schroeder.

I like the lyrics, work well with the music ..its definitely a moshing tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

collie0708 wrote: »
    Would love to see them come to Ireland but its unlikely, there seems to be plenty tickets available to for the gig in London.

Tickets steep at £95 each.

Seriously tempted to book flights and tickets
    If it's anything like their RDS gig in 2008, I wouldn't spend that amount of money to see them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

How's Billy's voice sound? Feel like he tries to "improve" it nowadays, compared to the old records.

How's Billy's voice sound? Feel like he tries to "improve" it nowadays, compared to the old records.

Sounds fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I imagine it will sell out in no time? although sales in the states not great so far Would be great to see them live though.They would sell out any stadium in Ireland.
    I do think getting Chamberlin and Ida back has revitalized Billy,great performance on that american late show recently.

I think you're a bit of a biased fan there. ie that the band can do little wrong. Croke Park - 80k to 100k capacity (I think)?? I doubt if they would sell out 3Arena these days. I wouldn't pay 80 or 90 euro to see them anyway. Would pay 50 squids.

• Advertisement

I think you're a bit of a biased fan there. ie that the band can do little wrong. Croke Park - 80k to 100k capacity (I think)?? I doubt if they would sell out 3Arena these days. I wouldn't pay 80 or 90 euro to see them anyway. Would pay 50 squids.

I did adore them in the 90's but haven't kept with later releases or zwan or Billys solo stuff ,this reunion and the new tune has got my attention.I have never seen them live and if London is as close as the come well then I would fork out.
    Prehaps I have over estimated their appeal amongst the younger concert going fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Really?

Sounds like he is protecting it to me. Like he doesnt have that rawness that he had previously.

ArrBee wrote: »
    Really?

Sounds like he is protecting it to me. Like he doesnt have that rawness that he had previously.

Audio not great on this but no mistaking the vocals ..Billy has an odd sort of voice at the best of times.

Smashing Pumpkins Today Live Troubadour 6.27.18

If it's anything like their RDS gig in 2008, I wouldn't spend that amount of money to see them here.

Compare these two setlists

Last gig

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/2018/troubadour-west-hollywood-ca-5bea1370.html

2008 Dublin

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/2008/rds-main-hall-dublin-ireland-63d67eeb.html

Being Honest I don't know half the songs on the 2008 setlist.
    3 gish tunes what a way to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Had little interest in seeing this reunion based on the last time I saw the previous line up but those setlists may have turned my head.

And are tickets not £69? Or was it standing that was £95?

Looks like most of the tickets left start at £95 before service charge etc really expensive. However always wanted to see them live.

general admission is 95 adds up to 113 but its gonna be worth it ..i wouldn't bank on this line up remaining together too long
    ..do I want a 1996 version of these guys yeah I do ..I have little interest in what they did in the last decade and to hear a mostly 90;s set....they played dublin in 2008? I did not even know that tbh.why was it rubbish? .was their previous visit when the fan died at the gig?

They played the olympia just before or after Adore was released. Was raging as tickets sold out before I could get my hands on some.

And from what I can see the £95 standing tickets are gold circle standing (or should be) as there were standard GA tickets for £69 that are all sold out.

I can find £49 seating tickets at the very back.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    And from what I can see the £95 standing tickets are gold circle standing (or should be) as there were standard GA tickets for £69 that are all sold out.

I can find £49 seating tickets at the very back.

Erm yeah I hate seating at gigs I would only go for GA...stuck in a seat?

• Advertisement

I have booked golden circle tickets tonight, hopefully its a great gig. Always wanted to see them during the 90’s as they were my favorite band

I have booked golden circle tickets tonight, hopefully its a great gig. Always wanted to see them during the 90’s as they were my favorite band

Cool hope to be doing likewise soon..when I try to book it rejects my postcode,tried a few different things.I had no trouble getting a ticket for idles using the same postcode but Ive emailed tixmaster about it..I would love if they have metric as support always wanted to see them live...not sure has support being announced for London?

Cool hope to be doing likewise soon..when I try to book it rejects my postcode,tried a few different things.I had no trouble getting a ticket for idles using the same postcode but Ive emailed tixmaster about it..I would love if they have metric as support always wanted to see them live...not sure has support being announced for London?

Have you tried booking via the link on the smashing pumpkins website?
    The link takes you straight to the Wembley arena website and it accepted my eircode no prob at all.

Return flights out of Gatwick are €40 return and the premier inn which is nearby is only £69 for the night.

Have you tried booking via the link on the smashing pumpkins website?
    The link takes you straight to the Wembley arena website and it accepted my eircode no prob at all.

Return flights out of Gatwick are €40 return and the premier inn which is nearby is only £69 for the night.

Sorted now,ta for tip!
    Gold circle as well ,whats different about this than regular standing,seem to have being assigned a row number?

Sorted now,ta for tip!
    Gold circle as well ,whats different about this than regular standing,seem to have being assigned a row number?

I assume we are just standing in the area closest to the stage and the code is just for admin purposes.....

Really hope it’s a good gig and lives up to expectations

I'm sure it will be ,a long time since I spent that much on one band but I am not interested in them touring with a new album and coming to Dublin, so this works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

New video is so bad it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Kassandra Poor Trigonometry

I think finding out Billy Corgan is a wing nut conspiracy theorist Alex Jones fan might have affected how I respond to this music. I cannot identify with it I guess...Or maybe it really just is a bit mechanical and sh!t.

I think finding out Billy Corgan is a wing nut conspiracy theorist Alex Jones fan might have affected how I respond to this music. I cannot identify with it I guess...Or maybe it really just is a bit mechanical and sh!t.

its an awesome video I thought ,,,I didn't post it cos I assumed most people had seen it by now . so now the politics come into and corgan thinking trump is not a bad president ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

its an awesome video I thought ,,,I didn't post it cos I assumed most people had seen it by now . so now the politics come into and corgan thinking trump is not a bad president ?

I'd take everything Corgan says with a pinch of salt. He knows how to work the media. If he says something daft or unpopular, the media jump all over it and he gets his name out there. Love the new video. Compliments the song very well. Wasn't a big fan of it at first but its grown on me.

Advertisement