Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Short season,last chance pay league?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Did you check to see if they had an adverts account linked.I think the mods would be interested,we do leagues every year and dont want one person spoiling it for everyone.
    Sure what harm could it do getting a mod to message them and try get a reply,even if the money is gone could give the poster time to redeem him/her self.I dont want to hang anyone but he/she shouldnt be let off either.

I 100% agree with you that they shouldn't be allowed ruin it for people but I imagine the mod who would I imagine have access to their email address from registration may not be allowed contact them for you via email. A mod sending a PM I'm sure is grand but if this person is after disappearing with the cash then I don't think a PM from anyone will change that.

Hopefully they will turn up and sort everyone who is owed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I paid into this league after just checking my leagues, this is ridiculous that it hasn't paid out or even the decency to get back to the winner. At this stage can Boards.ie get his IP which can be reported to the guards for running a scam.

Guards are not going to do anything,there to busy sorting and dealing with real problems aswell as to be bothering with a fantasy football league.Best we can hope for is the mod to message them and try and get the money eventually,either that or get them banned from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I doubt the mod could even have access to there email address.I think a mod should be contacted and let them contact the OP and just give some deadlines to reply.Maybe there is a genuine reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Guards are not going to do anything,there to busy sorting and dealing with real problems aswell as to be bothering with a fantasy football league.Best we can hope for is the mod to message them and try and get the money eventually,either that or get them banned from the site.

Ok get some Russian hackers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Would you get the mod to message the user and set a deadline for him to at least reply before getting banned?He took my money aswell.

Guess it can't do any harm if a mod pm them if they even would. The two of us who are owed money (I hope its just two of us anyway!) have swapped a few pms about it. Every time I get a PM I'm hopeful it's kankan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I tried to do a bit of detective work (a google search) to see if they had a twitter or anything in their boards username.

His real name is on his PayPal. He’s 1000 posts on here too so say it wouldn’t be impossible to find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

There must be a reason, he did say he was going to pay and would be delayed. I'd hold your whist another few weeks.
    If he was going to do a legger I think he'd have been silent

I think for future years there should be some sort of a referee system, either someone who is known by someone else in real life and they vouch for them or use the same people as treasurers every year. Maybe if one of the Mods could act as treasurer?

Green&Red wrote: »
    There must be a reason, he did say he was going to pay and would be delayed. I'd hold your whist another few weeks.
    If he was going to do a legger I think he'd have been silent

I think for future years there should be some sort of a referee system, either someone who is known by someone else in real life and they vouch for them or use the same people as treasurers every year. Maybe if one of the Mods could act as treasurer?

Yeah I have my thinking which I shared with boots already. I've seen it many times before and sometimes people come back to redeem themselves we shall see! In reality it's not a massive amount of money so if it is gone now it wouldn't take most people too long to be able to pay it back. Fingers crossed!

In terms of getting mods involved in future years they've shown in the past they don't want to encourage gambling between boardsies so would imagine they wouldn't want any official involvement and just take a bit of a blind eye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Just a pre-warning for whoever wins this. I won't be back in Ireland until Tuesday morning. So just PM me with details if you win. I'll sort it then Tuesday.

4 weeks today since he was meant to sort it out. I didn’t win anything but I don’t think it’s ok to go missing for 4 weeks and not be in contact to say he’s delayed or whatever the reason.

4 weeks today since he was meant to sort it out. I didn’t win anything but I don’t think it’s ok to go missing for 4 weeks and not be in contact to say he’s delayed or whatever the reason.

He did send further PMs with, what at the time at least, seemed a very valid reason for a delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has this been sorted out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

km79 wrote:

No, we haven't heard anything from him. Unlikely that he is going to turn up at this stage with the money

Boots234 wrote: »
    No, we haven't heard anything from him. Unlikely that he is going to turn up at this stage with the money

Wow that is beyond ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

jimmii wrote: »
    seemed a very valid reason for a delay.

Can I ask what this was?

Have you emailed him on his PayPal address?

Can I ask what this was?

Have you emailed him on his PayPal address?

Had to go to a funeral abroad.

I don't have his PayPal email address I paid via bank transfer.

Afterwards he even asked for how I wanted it be sent twice as if he was waiting on me to get back which seemed genuine too.

km79 wrote: »

We'll definitely let people know if it does get sorted!

Had to go to a funeral abroad.

I don't have his PayPal email address I paid via bank transfer.

Afterwards he even asked for how I wanted it be sent twice as if he was waiting on me to get back which seemed genuine too.

Did anyone here pay via PayPal and be able to pm you the PayPal address? You may already have tried this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

This post has been deleted.

I paid by Paypal and have his Email.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »

Can you send it to me and we'll give that a try?

scotchy wrote:

Can you send it to me too please?

• Advertisement

Pms Sent

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can we all agree going forward that somebody must vouch for a treasurer?

I think this will stop this happening again

Can we all agree going forward that somebody must vouch for a treasurer?

I think this will stop this happening again

Would anyone have raised doubts about kankan? He's been involved across a good few forums for years you wouldn't have thought he was going anywhere!

Would anyone have raised doubts about kankan? He's been involved across a good few forums for years you wouldn't have thought he was going anywhere!

Agreed

Pms Sent

I emailed him yesterday morning, still waiting for a reply

Really enjoyed the 2 payed leagues I was in on boards last seasons. Hopefully this isn't going to turn people off joining/running leagues next season.

Part of me is still hoping KanKan14 will turn up with a good explanation, and the money.:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

If his email is something that identifies him by name then you could try find him on facebook / twitter. Obviously if they are trying to dodge you it's not going to resolve it but you never know.

Looking at their posting history looks like they might be based in Limerick.

Hopefully they have a rare name and not something like John Walsh!

If it is an identifiable name in his email would his first name be Kieran or Tristan by any chance? (I have a logic to this from their posting history but don't want to publicly say why as it's a just a hunch - if it is I'll happily discuss via PM)

Any update on this?

Just curious.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Any update on this?

Just curious.

No update. He hasn't logged into boards since the middle of May and we obviously haven't heard from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Anyone have any interest in a new league this season?? I’d run it if there was enough interest. I was in the other league so I was scammed out of €20 also and can assure everyone that the money will be paid this season

Advertisement