Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where Do You Get Your Merch?

• 29-06-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

I was recently in Dublin and paid a visit to an old haunt of mine - Asha only to find absolutely fvck all band tees and hoodies and a bollox-load of bongs, pipes etc. That place used be THE place to go for merch but not any more sadly :(

I mainly have Rammstein merch so buy from their online shop. I'm a member of LIFAD so I get a nice discount on everything but for anything else I use emp.de.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Online is the way to go these days. Very rare for bricks and mortar stores to sell anything alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Yep, Asha died a slow death over the last 10 years or so.

Some Amazon sellers are good, but for online I like EMP. Decent delivery, regular offers and a good range. German shop I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

From bandcamp or gigs mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The last merch I bought was at Gary Numan's gig in the Olympia.

There's a lot to be said for going into a shop and trying stuff on to make sure it fits. I've had to return stuff to the likes of RammsteinShop because the large was way too big. Costs around €15 to return stuff each time and you have to pay for the replacement to be shipped. They have taken steps to rememdy this by not using the likes of Fruit of the Loom. All their t-shirts are branded "RAMMSTEINSHOP" so if you bought a medium of 1 t-shirt and a few months later a medium of a different t-shirt you can be guaranteed the same fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mainly at gigs and online

and believe it or not Pennys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

PTH2009 wrote: »
    mainly at gigs and online

and believe it or not Pennys

I was wondering why I recently saw a teeny-bopper going around in a Metallica t-shirt :D

I was wondering why I recently saw a teeny-bopper going around in a Metallica t-shirt :D

They also do Slayer merch now!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Mostly gigs and some online.

They also do Slayer merch now!

Ah here,:eek: I hope you're messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

A girl at work came in proudly wearing a Misfits shirt she got in Penneys saying she was just like us now. We showed her the lyrics to Skulls and Last Caress and we never saw her wear it again :D

drake70 wrote: »
    Mostly gigs and some online.

Ah here,:eek: I hope you're messing.

I wish I were.

Guns N' Roses too.

All those department stores are in on it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I wish I were.

Guns N' Roses too.

All those department stores are in on it now.

I wonder when these shops will start selling these:
    https://www.indiemerchstore.com/b/rotting-christ/
    :D

Advertisement