Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Comic Shop

• 13-05-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey guys,
    I spotted a new comics/collectables shop on Patrick Street earlier. The poster in the window has the website and Facebook page, but the website doesn't seem to be live yet, and I can't remember/find the Facebook page.
    Anyone know anymore about the shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

Interesting, I'll have to check out Patrick street later today

Didn't see anything in Patrick street today. Where about was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

It's in old 'The Baby Drawer' premises beside Kazz Barbers. The old signage was still on the front of the shop when I passed yesterday.

The shutters were down, that's probably why I missed it

The shop is called Waterford Comics. not much in the way of comics or books, mostly Funko Pops and Diamond Select figures. Seems okay.

• Advertisement

Oh ok, thanks for that. I was hoping we might have finally had a comic shop/games store.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Wasn't there one on the quay a couple of years back?

padraig.od wrote: »
    Wasn't there one on the quay a couple of years back?

That was largely a second hand comic shop, it was still great though

Oh ok, thanks for that. I was hoping we might have finally had a comic shop/games store.

Same here, of course it is early days but so far it is nowhere near Forbidden Planet, Dublin City Comics or Big Bang Comics

They are live on facebook now: https://www.facebook.com/AnBreagan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I didn't know about this, must check it out! Would prefer to support local than head to Dublin

I didn't know about this, must check it out! Would prefer to support local than head to Dublin

So would I, but so far the Dublin stores have more of what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I went into this shop today, just up past the cinema. They're still actually assembling the shop itself but are planning on having a large comic book area at the back of the shop and have a comic book night every Wednesday evening and will open late for it. They'll order you in anything you want. Great to finally have a comic book shop in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I take in all my copies of Starlord and early 2000AD see what I can get for them! :D

Excellent, thanks for the info. I'm planning on calling in for a look around this week, if I can. Nice to have the option of getting comics in town instead of picking them up when in Cork or Dublin.
    erica74 wrote: »
    I went into this shop today, just up past the cinema. They're still actually assembling the shop itself but are planning on having a large comic book area at the back of the shop and have a comic book night every Wednesday evening and will open late for it. They'll order you in anything you want. Great to finally have a comic book shop in Waterford.

Official opening of the new comic shop, Saturday 9 June, 2pm to 4pm

20180604_173222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

will they be stocking games as well does anyone know?

Official opening of the new comic shop, Saturday 9 June, 2pm to 4pm

20180604_173222.jpg

Here's hoping for a long and successful business

ec18 wrote: »

I don't think so, seems to be comics, collectibles, t shirts and that sort of stuff just for the moment anyway.

ec18 wrote: »

If you mean video games, then no. If you mean Trading Card Games and the like, they might.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Might make the trip down to it. It beats having to trek up to Dublin everytime I want to get some comics.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Might make the trip down to it. It beats having to trek up to Dublin everytime I want to get some comics.

They do get in the comics for that week and they have late opening on Wednesdays, so it would be a lot cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They do get in the comics for that week and they have late opening on Wednesdays, so it would be a lot cheaper

Glad to hear that. Probably pop down in a week or so once I'm back from vacation.

Advertisement