Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I'm already an EO but think I am going to throw my hat in for this as it sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

locations are limited. im waiting on clearence to EO so will wait nearer the time to apply, hoping I get my appointment before the closing date.

locations are limited. im waiting on clearence to EO so will wait nearer the time to apply, hoping I get my appointment before the closing date.

I'm already an EO but this sounds like an interesting role so think I'm going to see how I do in it anyway. Two locations I would work in are on the list so figure it can't hurt. I like to be challenged at work and right now I'm not :-( if nothing else it will get me more practice on those horrific tests ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mockscraic

This sounds like such an interesting role...I am an AO but incredibly unhappy in my position. Would consider applying especially if located outside Dublin.
    Anyone know if there's similiar role for AO/HEO? Ever been advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Will give this a go. Know a few people who worked in Garda HQ as civilians and didn't hear great reports but feck it sure.

• Advertisement

mockscraic wrote: »
    This sounds like such an interesting role...I am an AO but incredibly unhappy in my position. Would consider applying especially if located outside Dublin.
    Anyone know if there's similiar role for AO/HEO? Ever been advertised?

I think that the senior crime and analyst role is HEO level but I think 2015 was the last campaign for that position although I'm open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mockscraic

I think that the senior crime and analyst role is HEO level but I think 2015 was the last campaign for that position although I'm open to correction

Cool. Could come around again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That's correct the last campaign was in 2015. I was successful in it but was offered a location that was totally unworkable for me. I was gutted!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    That's correct the last campaign was in 2015. I was successful in it but was offered a location that was totally unworkable for me. I was gutted!

How disappointing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Does anyone know what kind of Tests they use - Is it verbal numeracy, etc or other tests?

• Advertisement

Dalio wrote: »
    Does anyone know what kind of Tests they use - Is it verbal numeracy, etc or other tests?

For other CS campaigns, stage one is usually a verbal reasoning test, a numerical reasoning test and then like a job sim/management scenario thing

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

I'm a bit unfamiliar with public service jobs and the terms CO/EO etc . Is this an entry level Analyst role? or are they looking for people with a few year experiences in it?

Toshi101 wrote: »
    I'm a bit unfamiliar with public service jobs and the terms CO/EO etc . Is this an entry level Analyst role? or are they looking for people with a few year experiences in it?

It's entry level. Payscale starts at 29026. Application form looks for your experience from work/education of analysis/research, qualitative and quantitative data, IT and any special skills you have which you think qualify you for the role

For those of you who have looked at the form, are you answering the questions relating to research in STAR format with a very specific example or are you giving more of an overview of your experience with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,331 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I think I might throw my hat into the ring for this. Sounds very interesting and I've been thinking of taking the leap from private to public sector for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

I was recently made EO and moved to a new Department but I think I'll have a go at this as it sounds very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Aglomerado wrote: »

I'm just after reading through that thread and felt so sorry for you in the position you were in! But everything works out for a reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It looks like the only required document is the application form in PDF format. I take it no CV is required at this stage?

Dr Strange wrote: »
    It looks like the only required document is the application form in PDF format. I take it no CV is required at this stage?

CVs are generally not required at all in these CS campaigns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Dr Strange wrote: »

You normally never need to provide a CV, which I'm personally not a fan of. I wouldn't be the greatest at the aptitude tests which is why!

Hi guys, some advice they are looking for some solid background in research, does it matter if its sociology. Would you have to have IT qualification say like data analytics? Thanks as always!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Dalio wrote: »
    Hi guys, some advice they are looking for some solid background in research, does it matter if its sociology. Would you have to have IT qualification say like data analytics? Thanks as always!

You would be well-placed with a background in sociology. The head of the Garda Analysis Service has a PhD in sociology, in fact.

What areas are you guys all picking? I'm going for limerick and galway

What areas are you guys all picking? I'm going for limerick and galway

Dublin I think

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

I'm going for Dublin.

I'd say people with varied backgrounds should be able to apply for this. The are no specifications for particular Degrees/Qualifications so it just depends on experience and if the role interests you. If you have experience or qualifications that involved doing things such as report writing, research, analysis, working with statistics/numbers, using databases, team work, demonstrating strong communication skills and working to deadlines then just go for it!

Application just sent in. Not sure it will get through any shortlisting but fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi, probably the biggest question asked, but i cant find the answer :-)

Whats the story with these CS jobs.
    No matter what your age or experience you start off on the basic salary of 29k?
    When and how do you move up increments?

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi, probably the biggest question asked, but i cant find the answer :-)

Whats the story with these CS jobs.
    No matter what your age or experience you start off on the basic salary of 29k?
    When and how do you move up increments?

You always start on the bottom of the scale unless you have previous cs/ps experience in which case you can put in a business case to move up some points.

Increments are awarded annually once performance has been of a satisfactory level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

For those of you who have looked at the form, are you answering the questions relating to research in STAR format with a very specific example or are you giving more of an overview of your experience with it?

Hi Crunchymomma,
    It doesn't state to give just 1 example so I guess you can put a number of points??

Advertisement