Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic (air-cooled) mechanic in Cork city?

• 27-06-2018 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys,

as per subject. Recently acquired a 1974 VW T2 in good enough conditions but I'd love to already have a reliable lad to bring him when needs be.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

cheers

D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I dont believe any practioner of the aircooled black arts was ever found in cork

see here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057552951

Any suggestions,,mmmm...........move to the midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 17 weissblut

Yeah Kadman thanks I've seen that horror story :D honestly with all respect I think the user made a big mess himself/herself without trusting a single mechanic and going with many different ones at the same time, and eventually pissed all of them off.

One of the mechanics in the thread has actually been recommended to me with high praise. I also know a couple of good guys I might try. I'm not completely stupid when it comes down to engines etc but I would not have the time to do all the works myself.

It seems like I'll be a test bed for this! :)

From the thread you've linked I noticed you're an expert. Any suggestion / advice for a beginner, I'll humbly accept.

I,ve bcome knowledgeable on vw's because I,ve been driving and maintaining them for years.

Some excellent resources online for vw maintenance for a newbie.

Best single source is probably http://www.vw-resource.com/

You will find every question that you have on your T2 answered on this site.

Learn to do your own servicing on your T2, the aircooled engine is probably the simplest engine to work on.

Not to forget John Muirs book,how to keep your VW alive is a must for a newbie.

Anything else just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 weissblut

Hey Kadman, apologies I was out and just now checked the forum. Thanks for the reply and the link!

I've bought the book already. Will happily read it and learn my ropes. Thanks for your offer, if I'll ever need help, I'll surely ask!

have a wonderful day,

Dario

• Advertisement

weissblut wrote: »
    Hey Kadman, apologies I was out and just now checked the forum. Thanks for the reply and the link!

I've bought the book already. Will happily read it and learn my ropes. Thanks for your offer, if I'll ever need help, I'll surely ask!

have a wonderful day,

Dario

You are welcome. I'm based in the midlands, if you are in the area, call.

Tim

Advertisement