Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Hurling Final Ticket Availability

• 26-06-2018 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Will be travelling to the Munster Hurling final on Sunday morning(i live out of the country) and am surprised at the unavailability of tickets.

Was at the same fixture last year, same venue and same teams, and there were terrace tickets available on the day.
    Is this likely to be the same case on Sunday?

All tickets on Tickets.ie and Tickemaster.ie have been sold out for a week at this stage.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭caddy16

pipelaser wrote: »
    Will be travelling to the Munster Hurling final on Sunday morning(i live out of the country) and am surprised at the unavailability of tickets.

Was at the same fixture last year, same venue and same teams, and there were terrace tickets available on the day.

All tickets on Tickets.ie and Tickemaster.ie have been sold out for a week at this stage.

I would expext some terrace tickets will be available again probably not as many as last year, stand definitely sold out

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You should be able to pick up a ticket on the day if you travel without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭fabsoul

i'm sure it was on in Cork last year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

fabsoul wrote: »
    i'm sure it was on in Cork last year

It was on in Thurles

it was on in Cork? 70k v about 50k

• Advertisement

ok sorry,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Last year Clare's County Board decided to put in the same order for tickets as they did for the semi final, this meant that there was an awful lot of tickets available for general sale, this year they have looked for their full allocation. I believe clubs started giving out tickets on Monday night and have until Thursday morning to return any unused ones, I understand these will be put on general sale then, there's talk of tickets being available from Clare Abbey on Friday but I don't know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

fabsoul wrote: »
    it was on in Cork? 70k v about 50k

It was on in Thurles, attendance 45,558.

New Pairc Ui Chaoimh holds 45,000 as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Radio5

The new style championship in Munster seems to have generated more interest this year so tickets may be at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dermot Hayes

Hello

My 1st visit to this social media. Hi I would love a ticket for Sunday please. Would need to be seated AS I use two walking sticks. Thanks .
    Hope I can retrieve the good news when it come in. slan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

There are tickets for the terrace and new stand available on Tickets.ie now

Hello

My 1st visit to this social media. Hi I would love a ticket for Sunday please. Would need to be seated AS I use two walking sticks. Thanks .
    Hope I can retrieve the good news when it come in. slan

Welcome to social media :)

There's tickets available online at https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/38500/munster-gaa-senior-hurling-championship-final-cork-v-clare

I'd imagine if they are available online that you'd be able to go into your local Centra and get tickets also. Had a quick look and there's tickets available for both stands and the Killinan End terrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Hurling Rankings

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement