Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo vs Kildare [What Mayo should do]

• 26-06-2018 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

In a spirit of GAA brotherhood Mayo should turn up and play at Conleth Park in Kildare and really show the GAA that they are out of touch with the people. Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Mayo should do absolutely nothing, keep the head down and get on with preparations as best they can. It's nothing to do with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Mayo and Kildare should both refuse to turn up to Croke Park and both get kicked out of the All Ireland Series. Yeah, right.

Brotherhood, my @rse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭randd1

Mayo should do absolutely nothing, keep the head down and get on with preparations as best they can. It's nothing to do with us.

Exactly.

But if Kildare hold their nerve, it would be a huge statement from Mayo on behalf of the country if they went to Newbridge that we're sticking with what's right and that it's up to the GAA to sort themselves out without dumping all over players, counties and clubs to suit the money men. The effect could be huge for counties and clubs going forward to have one of their marquee teams take such a stand.

Keep your head down and keep working away, but it'll have to be in the back of their mind all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

How you think this has nothing to do with Mayo is beyond me. It has something to do with every county footballer. This isn't just some silly fixture muddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The Mayo team still has to show up at one venue or the other come Saturday yanno!

In doing so, they have to take sides!

Mayo and Kildare should both refuse to turn up to Croke Park and both get kicked out of the All Ireland Series. Yeah, right.

Brotherhood, my @rse.

You really think that they are going to kick two tier 1 counties out? Really? That is a lose lose situation for the GAA and would start the beginning of the end for the current board. I think Mayo are being complicit in the misdirection and money grabbing of the game by doing nothing.

FuzzyFrog wrote: »
    How you think this has nothing to do with Mayo is beyond me. It has something to do with every county footballer. This isn't just some silly fixture muddle.

It's not of our making. We will play the game where it's fixed for.

You really think that they are going to kick two tier 1 counties out? Really? That is a lose lose situation for the GAA and would start the beginning of the end for the current board. I think Mayo are being complicit in the misdirection and money grabbing of the game by doing nothing.

oh ffs is this your angle? The beginning of the end for what current board by the way? :confused:

It's not of your making, you are right. Today it's not Mayo that are on the receiving end of this bull**** but it could be at some stage in the future. It's something that affects all counties, it's just Kildare's turn today. Mayo as fellow players should make a stand.

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The Mayo team still has to show up at one venue or the other come Saturday yanno!

In doing so, they have to take sides!

Thats ridiculous, we show up at the venue where the match has been fixed for, I wonder about some of you people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Thats the cowards way out. Mayo should do whats right...and turn up in Newbridge.

GAA wont come out of this looking well....they've already lost the PR battle. The best thing they can do now is to allow the game to go ahead in Newbridge.

The worst thing they can do is to continue with fixing the game for Croke Park, and then to throw Kildare out for a no show. There will be absolute uproar if that happens.....could even split the whole organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

It's not of your making, you are right. Today it's not Mayo that are on the receiving end of this bull**** but it could be at some stage in the future. It's something that affects all counties, it's just Kildare's turn today. Mayo as fellow players should make a stand.

Along with every other player on every other team in the country - right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Robbed from WhatsApp...
    Mayo should definitely go to Newbridge - it's the closest they will get to silverware this year!

oh ffs is this your angle? The beginning of the end for what current board by the way? :confused:

I definitely think the GAA is out of touch with spirit of what the game is supposed to stand for. This is just one such example. But sure, if their removal is too distracting or being labelled an angle I'm happy to park the comment and focus on the current issue.

We were on the receiving end a few years ago when we had to go to Limerick, i certainly didnt expect Kerry to come out on our side then.

Re this exact situation, it's Kildare's fault for not having a bigger ground, if they had there wouldnt be an issueand wont be an issue in future for counties with appropriate grounds, its kinda simple really and fwiw im on Kildare's side in this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just give Longford the option to play Mayo instead. They should have won.

I definitely think the GAA is out of touch with spirit of what the game is supposed to stand for. This is just one such example. But sure, if their removal is too distracting or being labelled an angle I'm happy to park the comment and focus on the current issue.

What is the GAA exactly? The Kildare Co Board is very much the GAA and no doubt at some stage in the future over some club issue they will be lambasted as being out of touch or whatever. Again if their gorund was adequate there would be no issue, its nothing to do with the spirit of the game

Misguided1 wrote: »
    Along with every other player on every other team in the country - right?

If other players in the game both in the championship and recently exited could do some form of protest at the game or at GAA HQ then yeah I think they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

We were on the receiving end a few years ago when we had to go to Limerick, i certainly didnt expect Kerry to come out on our side then.

Re this exact situation, it's Kildare's fault for not having a bigger ground, if they had there wouldnt be an issueand wont be an issue in future for counties with appropriate grounds, its kinda simple really and fwiw im on Kildare's side in this

To be fair, the situation isn't the same as while it was a favourable venue for Kerry, it was still neutral. What they've done to Kildare is worse. They've been stripped of a home venue.

• Advertisement

What is the GAA exactly? The Kildare Co Board is very much the GAA and no doubt at some stage in the future over some club issue they will be lambasted as being out of touch or whatever. Again if their gorund was adequate there would be no issue, its nothing to do with the spirit of the game

What is inadequate about the ground? Health and Safety, that's not an issue as the ticket sales will match the attendance that the ground can safely accommodate....but if you are talking about demanding outstripping supply and the GAA missing out on another pay day then yes it's not adequate...but isn't that the heart of the matter?

Thats ridiculous, we show up at the venue where the match has been fixed for, I wonder about some of you people

And in doing so, they will be taking sides!

Lol ok so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Mayo will show up in Croke Park
    Game is fixed there

If they get a walkover, so be it. I’m
    Sure they would be delighted. Nice passage to QF almost secured

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

and If they go to newbridge they wont be takin sides??

What is inadequate about the ground? Health and Safety, that's not an issue as the ticket sales will match the attendance that the ground can safely accommodate....but if you are talking about demanding outstripping supply and the GAA missing out on another pay day then yes it's not adequate...but isn't that the heart of the matter?

Its not about a pay day, you really believe that? Putting the 2 games in Croke Park probably wont even make a profit on the day. Croker needs a 30k + attendance to make it viable to open for the day but i suspect im wasting my time with facts on you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

As a kildare man I don’t think this is mayo,s problem ...while we appreciate the support but if mayo are happy to play in Dublin then that’s where they should go on Saturday evening.
    Saying all that it would definitely throw a major spanner in the works if they were to show up in Newbridge.
    To be honest I don’t trust the kildare county board and I think they are just looking for a few quid and will eventually back down. Hopefully they don’t and stick to the stance they have taken so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Mayo should turn up in Kildare. Meanwhile Kildare will have double bluffed them by turning up in Croker

jj72 wrote: »
    and If they go to newbridge they wont be takin sides??

Read the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Barlett

We have been, many, many times in the past - and nobody cared - why would they? Everyone suits themselves in the end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement