Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

To throw in the bin ��

Its very petty.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You seem to have very strong feelings on this Murray.

I see no issue with this kind of protest tbh. It's legal, peaceful and ethical. And it makes a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Some people on this thread don't seem to realise that by ordering tickets as some form of protest that it's ordinary people who just want to see they pope and are probably looking forward to the day that they are getting at instead of the man himself.

These people had nothing to do with the abuse that went on, they are just ordinary Catholics.

It's a really cuntish thing to do IMO,

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Peadophile
    Resident
    In
    Every
    Small
    Town

40 more orders through various alias'. Anyone for free toilet paper, it will be a bit rough, like the church :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

I see no issue with this kind of protest tbh. It's legal, peaceful and ethical. And it makes a statement.

Yeah I kinda do. I wouldnt mind seeing the Pope for the experience, but ive no intention of waiting around 5 hours or more. SO ill have a BBQ that day weather permitting.

I just feel its a really d1ckish move, and only polarises people. Its not a form of protest. Its just the no.1 method of truly acting like a a$$hole.

The only statement I see it making is not against child abuse, or other many crimes of the church, just see it as a way of atheists or anti Catholics giving another smug finger to 'stick it' to the church.

Also, wonder if this will start off a trend. Some far left speaker comes to Ireland, free tickets, so all the conservatives gobble them up, throw in the big, to stick it to the lefties, just creates tit for tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Christ, your posts really do read like a childish moron.

I reckon Sour Lemonz has issues since their childhood. Obsessed about paedos.

My guess is that they fancied the local PP but the local PP wouldn't ride them and they have never gotten over it.

It's ok Sour Lemonz. You were just a very very ugly child

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

My guess is that they fancied the local PP but the local PP wouldn't ride them and they have never gotten over it.

all you lovely folk preaching tolerance....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Protector
    Of
    Peadopriests
    Everywhere

Here you'll probably get a kick out of this I'm thinking

pope-pedo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

All this is just another example of why so many of us will be peacefully protesting the arrival of the head of nambla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

I would go to see him if he visited Tuam or some of the mother and baby homes,or I would like to witness him handing over the many documents in the churches possession which are needed by so many for closure.........I have more chance of seeing Elvis perform live unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Some people on this thread don't seem to realise that by ordering tickets as some form of protest that it's ordinary people who just want to see they pope and are probably looking forward to the day that they are getting at instead of the man himself.

These people had nothing to do with the abuse that went on, they are just ordinary Catholics.
    If there were free tickets on offer for a Gary Glitter concert, would you be as critical of people snapping them up and binning them to make a statement?

Now, of course Frankie is a step removed, he's not a paedophile. But he is the ultimate representative of an organisation which has caused and continues to cause a lot of suffering and stir up a lot of hatred through its teachings and activities.

It is unashamedly mysogynistic, homophobic and anti-democratic.

Some people don't seem to get, that going to see the Pope makes you complicit in its evils by actively supporting the organisation.

So, fnck the "ordinary Catholics" who are going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not a hope would I subject myself to what is basically a super long mass

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I think binning tickets is spot on to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Good man. Fair play to you. At least you achieved something in your life this year. You can take the rest of the year off now

I've achieved lots and more to achieve. Stopping a few idiots from idolising a the leader of an organisation that saw children as prey is something I'm happy to do.

Sad

Your opinion, nothing more.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I've achieved lots and more to achieve. Stopping a few idiots from idolising a the leader of an organisation that saw children as prey is something I'm happy to do.

You're a hero. :pac:

All you are trying to do is to stop people from having a day out.

And you know it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You want a legal peaceful protest, then join one of the various protest groups that are likely to be organised that weekend, and make an effort.

The people attending are making an effort, by having to be in The Phoenix Park are about three hours before, and three hours after.

I'm sure the TV won't pick up on the difference between 499,000 people, and 500,000 people in the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

You're a hero. :pac:

And you know it

a day out? To fawn and cheer for the man who has made it to the top of a corrupt criminal organisation? Come off it.

ELM327 wrote: »
    All this is just another example of why so many of us will be peacefully protesting the arrival of the head of nambla

Because Sour Lemonz was an ugly child and is now obsessed with paedos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If there were free tickets on offer for a Gary Glitter concert, would you be as critical of people snapping them up and binning them to make a statement?

Now, of course Frankie is a step removed, he's not a paedophile. But he is the ultimate representative of an organisation which has caused and continues to cause a lot of suffering and stir up a lot of hatred through its teachings and activities.

It is unashamedly mysogynistic, homophobic and anti-democratic.

Some people don't seem to get, that going to see the Pope makes you complicit in its evils by actively supporting the organisation.

So, fnck the "ordinary Catholics" who are going to be disappointed.

You could say the same about the muslim religion, if anything it's views would be seen as even less tolerant.

So come on seamie, let's see you say fuck ordinary muslims, it's just a religion after all..

He is wanting exchanging tickets for 'donations' id say he is a political ticket tout.

No, no donations solicited or wanted. Just got myself another 8 tickets using my friends email address. 12 empty seats and counting.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    No, no donations solicited or wanted. Just got myself another 8 tickets using my friends email address. 12 empty seats and counting.

So your admitting, freely your taking tickets to prevent others from going. Cheers for that.

There was another cult in the US of A that wore white robes and funny hats, they werent too popular for their beliefs, nor is the catholic church.

The only cult should should be allowed, if The Cult.

Because Sour Lemonz was an ugly child and is now obsessed with paedos?

More time defending the cultist leader and less time about my appearance.

My ugliness may or may not be fact and certainly not sponsored by loreal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Peadophile
    Resident
    In
    Every
    Small
    Town

40 more orders through various alias'. Anyone for free toilet paper, it will be a bit rough, like the church :pac::pac::pac:

That you thought that up is an achievement:eek:

optogirl wrote: »
    a day out? To fawn and cheer for the man who has made it to the top of a corrupt criminal organisation? Come off it.

9/11 was an inside job?

You could say the same about the muslim religion, if anything it's views would be seen as even less tolerant.

So come on seamie, let's see you say fuck ordinary muslims, it's just a religion after all..

Don't forget about the lizard people controlling the world. Lets say fuck the Jews too? If any high-profile Rabbi comes to speak in Ireland, lets make sure those pesky Jews can't attend

You're a hero.
    Nope

Not stopping anyone having a day out, just making sure there will be a few less idolising idiots in the park.
    And you know it

Of course I know it. ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

9/11 was an inside job?

Don't forget about the lizard people controlling the world. Lets say fuck the Jews too? If any high-profile Rabbi comes to speak in Ireland, lets make sure those pesky Jews can't attend

how many of those covered up institutional child sex abuse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Jayzus (:pac:) this thread went downhill fast

Advertisement