Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Life is Strange 2 - (Incl. Captain Spirit prequel)

Comments

There seems to have been a major ramp up in visuals there too even watching it in 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There seems to have been a major ramp up in visuals there too even watching it in 1080p

Yupp definite. The dev blog vid, devs said it will link season 1 and 2 of Life is Strange, will have multiple playthroughs, decisions will carry over and affect LiS 2 and some clues will need join effort from the community, very interesting. The look, music, emotions, all stink of Life is Strange and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

I have to admit when I saw the trailer first, I thought it looked a bit innocent in its design, but watching again I have no doubt that there will probably be a darker undertone to the story going by reputation. I wonder will they go with a series of short stories or an epic like the first?

Really surprised with the episode being free, considering there is enough of a fan base already eagerly awaiting the second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Is this going to be a short teaser of sorts? Might download it when it's out. I ended up really liking Life is Strange despite initially thinking otherwise. Liked it enough that I ordered ' before the storm' earlier today. Love Vampyr so I'll be keeping an eye on the studios output from now on.

• Advertisement

Is this going to be a short teaser of sorts? Might download it when it's out. I ended up really liking Life is Strange despite initially thinking otherwise. Liked it enough that I ordered ' before the storm' earlier today. Love Vampyr so I'll be keeping an eye on the studios output from now on.

Remember Me is worth a look if you haven't played it.

I was a year late to the life is strange party, heard it was good but figured a teenage highschool drama game wouldn't be for me, turned out I loved it. Loved before the storm as well. Loving Vampyr at the moment.

I'm guessing Captain Spirit will be the length of one episode, will be interesting to see what clues will be in there for LiS 2. Wonder if it will have trophies.

Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 releasing this September :D

More info this August is a bit strange, sounds very secretive, beaming with the surprise release date.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1010175578811625472?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Third person action adventure shooter where you play as a vengeful Kate.

Life is Strange 2: Revengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Preorders live next Monday, 2 months before you know what it even is??? :confused:
    I enjoyed season 1 but get real dontnod

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Preorders live next Monday, 2 months before you know what it even is??? :confused:
    I enjoyed season 1 but get real dontnod

In DontNod we trust.

Most publishers must be pulling that stunt at this stage, but at least DN have an established reputation of decent story telling with the first release along with that they have the free episode as an added incentive to see if you want to buy in early.
    Only time i would pre-order is when I know I want to play a game when it drops, sometimes it might be a bit cheaper like Vampyr was. This would be one of those games that would pique my interest, but we will see how the sampler episode goes.

Agree with above, some devs you just trust and I will most likely be preordering this. If Captain Spirit turns out to be awful then I'll wait and see but I truly believe it's gonna be good. CD Project Red are going down the right path, they refuse to put Cyberpunk up for preorder until they can give us more info about the game so we can make a better informed decision. Saying that I'd preorder it even if they didn't release a single bit more info until launch.

Back to this, hope they have a PS4 theme like before the storm, one of my favourite themes on PS4.

Booooooo Captain Spirit won't have any achievements or trophies :(

Out for download now, unless you are on Europe ps4, then it's midnight tonight :( Sony Europe always makes a balls of things. The game is on the store but you can't download it yet.

Devs said it's not a demo, more of an introductory way to show new players what the world is like but returning LiS players will see clues for LiS 2. Really looking forward to giving it a go.

Life is Strange 2 up for preorder now. 40 quid is very pricey compared to the 1 and BtS. Also, done backpack patches and a captain spirit theme isn't the most enticing..

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/home/STORE-MSF75508-MOBHOMEGAMESONLY?scope=sceapp&smcid=psapp%3Alink%20menu%3Astore&PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=18.05.0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well turned it on for 45 mins or so there before bed, and it's still going, so reasonably substantial 'chapter'. Feels like they've upped their visual storytelling game a notch compared to the first, although still awkward pauses during dialogue scenes and the like. Opening with Sufjan Stevens' Death With Dignity definitely signals you're in the realm of high emotions here :pac:

Calling it now:
    the Snowmancer
    will be the protagonist of the full season.

For me they still have it, good story telling delivery, great art design and cinematography. I think they have set a good base for season 2 so I am looking forward to that.

I
    couldn't unlock the phone and it bugs me, tried loads of dates but gave up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero, I see you're playing Captain Spirit. Is there any achievements/trophies for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Very weird ending.
    The dad got drunk, fell, neighbour called and said she'd return then the father got pissed & blamed the kid for the death of his mom. No real resolution to it.
    They squeezed a lot out of the house considering it was smaller than Chloe's.
    There is a weird clash of being in the role of a child in an adult environment that still feels a bit off. I felt the same when Max & Chloe were being pirates despite being in their early teens before her Mom returned home with the bad news.
    No intention of pre-ordering until at least you know what it is. Feel there may be a time jump from what was in the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ERG89 wrote: »
    Very weird ending.
    The dad got drunk, fell, neighbour called and said she'd return then the father got pissed & blamed the kid for the death of his mom. No real resolution to it.
    They squeezed a lot out of the house considering it was smaller than Chloe's.
    There is a weird clash of being in the role of a child in an adult environment that still feels a bit off. I felt the same when Max & Chloe were being pirates despite being in their early teens before her Mom returned home with the bad news.
    No intention of pre-ordering until at least you know what it is. Feel there may be a time jump from what was in the demo.

Haven't played it yet but the artwork in the tweet makes me wonder if he could be Max's kid? Same pose as Max from season 1 and kinda looks like her.

• Advertisement

Well that was.... Awesome :)

Jordan, nope, no trophies.

I finished everything on the list but had to Google the phone pin. Tried everything I found, would have never guessed that fecking thing!!!
    Stumbled upon the maze and got to the end first time without even finding the map decoder first, total fluke.

I saw the ma was a fan of Mark Jefferson...

The feels when you realise how Mantroid got his name :(

I'm guessing the protag of LiS 2 will be the neighbour kid Chris sees at the end and that he was the one who saved Chris.

Also, the mustard ****ting himself in the comic made me scoff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must play Before The Storm then can try this out

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Must play Before The Storm then can try this out

If you haven't bought yet Argos probably cheapest. I picked it up for €17 few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cheers. Got it on PC anyway. Just in the backlog somewhere. :)

Before the storm was great and has made me want to replay LiS 1 to change my mind on a lot of things, especially as you may be able to carry your save over to LiS 2, read that somewhere but can't seem to find out. Completely changed my outlook on Chloe.

Teaser, nothing spoilery more wtf?

2 months before Captain Spirit and in that, you can see a newspaper article where a cop was killed in a mysterious incident. Looking very interesting.

What's happening in August? First episode? I really enjoyed the first LiS but Before the Storm I wasn't mad about. Wondering which this would be closer to. I'll wait for reviews before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What's happening in August? First episode? I really enjoyed the first LiS but Before the Storm I wasn't mad about. Wondering which this would be closer to. I'll wait for reviews before buying.

First episode of Life is Strange 2 will be on the 27th of September.

• Advertisement

'All will be revealed on August 20th'. Sounds like a launch trailer. Teaser looks darker than the first but I'm interested to see what they have up their sleeves and why it will be double the price of the first game at 40 euro. I think the first came out at 18 euro but could be wrong, that seems very cheap.

Advertisement