Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creme de Cassis

• 19-06-2018 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for this to make a summer trifle. I see that Tesco has Bols Creme De Cassis 700ml for €18.99. Anyone know if Aldi or Lidl sell their own version?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I have a hazy recollection that lidl has some in for under a tenner in last month or so...

Update: It was a once-off special as part of 'French' week, so you might get lucky and find some still on shelves.
    duc-de-coeur-creme-de-cassis-johannisbeerlikoer-zoom--10.jpg

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl usually have it twice a year, so I'd you don't find any now it'll be back at some point... But too late for that trifle

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

LIDL also have a dry Italian vermouth for €6.99 ... if you're tempted:
    http://www.thedrinkkings.com/parisian-cocktail-recipe/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I have a hazy recollection that lidl has some in for under a tenner in last month or so...

Update: It was a once-off special as part of 'French' week, so you might get lucky and find some still on shelves.
    I found it in Lidl. Without your post, I wouldn't have know what it looked like on the shelf.

Thank you!

I didn't see the Vermouth. Maybe out of stock.

Advertisement