Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youtube Premium Free for three months

• 18-06-2018 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭

Youtube Premium has just launched today in Ireland. What is Youtube Premium? Well, it's they're paid version of YT that gets rid of those ads that have gotten completely out of control, their premium content (it ain't Netflix yet) as well as adding in Googles Music streaming service on top of it. Just sign up (and cancel) for three free months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

get ad blocker. No need for premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

franklyon wrote: »
    get ad blocker. No need for premium.

Do you need to root the phone to get ad blocker?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

It will probably be a ood service at some point, but does not seem worth it just yet
    Formerly known as YouTube Red, YouTube Premium includes features across YouTube and the new YouTube Music app as well as access to all YouTube Originals series and movies.

YouTube
    • Ad-free videos: Watch millions of videos without ads
    • Download videos to watch offline: Save videos and playlists on mobile devices and play them offline
    • Play in the background: Keep videos playing when using other apps or when your screen is off

YouTube Music
    • Easily explore the world of music with the new and improved YouTube Music app
    • Ad-free music: Listen to millions of songs without ads
    • Download music to listen offline: Save music and playlists in the YouTube Music app and listen offline
    • Play in the background: Keep music playing when using other apps or when your screen is off

YouTube Originals
    • Original movies and series from your favorite stars

YouTube Kids
    • Ad-free and offline play in the YouTube Kids app

YouTube Gaming
    • Ad-free, offline, and background play in the YouTube Gaming app

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

YouTube vanced ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Have ad blockers on phone and pc, also my phones youtube app has an extension that allows it to play when Youtube is on in the background or screen locked so why do i need this? looking to spend my phone credit just looking for valid reasons for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

KilOit wrote: »
    Have ad blockers on phone and pc, also my phones youtube app has an extension that allows it to play when Youtube is on in the background or screen locked so why do i need this? looking to spend my phone credit just looking for valid reasons for this

It includes something similar to Spotify, and if you watch any youtube videos the person who posted them gets some money, not sure how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Another way around ads is download Firefox and install adblocker and watch via their site

Handy if you aren't techy to root the phone

I assume works for iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/youtube-launches-new-streaming-music-service-in-ireland-1.3534902

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/18/17475122/youtube-music-premium-launch-us-canada-uk

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/05/introducing-youtube-premium.html

The new YouTube Premium includes:
    The new YouTube Music: ad-free, with background listening and downloads
    More, bigger original series and movies
    Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
    It’s all coming soon to even more countries.

YouTube Music
    The new YouTube Music is a music streaming service that combines music listening with the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalized than ever. YouTube Music includes a reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
    YouTube Premium unlocks the full YouTube Music experience: ad-free music, background listening, and downloads.

YouTube Originals
    With YouTube Premium, you’ll get access to the full slate of YouTube Originals, including recent hits like the Karate Kid-inspired series, Cobra Kai, the dance drama, Step Up: High Water, and upcoming series like the sci-fi thriller, Impulse, and Liza Koshy's Liza on Demand.
    More new Originals from around the globe are on the way—featuring comedies, dramas, reality series and action adventure shows from the U.K., Germany, France, Mexico, and more.
    Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
    YouTube Premium will continue to provide an ad-free experience, background play, and downloads across the millions of videos on YouTube, which simultaneously supports our incredible creators and artists.
    €11.99 for YouTube Premium
    €9.99 for YouTube Music Premium

Free for first 3 months.

Didn't see there was already a thread, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    YouTube vanced ftw.

This guy knows whats up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

OR use a certain Spotify APK

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wheety wrote: »

€11.99 for YouTube Premium
    €9.99 for YouTube Music Premium

Free for first 3 months.

Showing as €15.99 a month for me(which is mad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Just checked and it’s correct. Family plan is €22.99 a month. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

adox wrote: »
    Just checked and it’s correct. Family plan is €22.99 a month. :eek:

Are you based in Ireland?
    I am seeing 11.99 for premium and 17.99 for a family of 6

Actually the 6 works out ok if a shared system is set up. €3 per user per month ain't bad.

Are you based in Ireland?
    I am seeing 11.99 for premium and 17.99 for a family of 6

Actually the 6 works out ok if a shared system is set up. €3 per user per month ain't bad.

Yep in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

I foresee a clutch of new youtube 'families' been bred on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Yep in Ireland.

Strange
    How come 2 different prices?

Strange
    How come 2 different prices?

I’ve no idea. That’s the price showing for me. I wouldn’t subscribe either way but it is odd.

I’ve no idea. That’s the price showing for me. I wouldn’t subscribe either way but it is odd.

Price is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/premium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Cheers. Signed up for the premium music. Was showing as 9.99 a month from September but cancelled straight away so won't be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is there a desktop app or is it used throught the browser?I signed up for youtube premium and canceled straight away.Is it just the mobile app that it will be used most.Also can this be used on the PS4 while playing games.I use spotify and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ThePott

Etnies wrote: »
    OR use a certain Spotify APK

Never heard of this, is it simply called Spotify APK.

Wheety wrote: »

Yep and it’s showing €15.99 a month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are you using a VPN?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

YouTube premium is 15.99 and includes YouTube Music Premuim (service which will eventually replace Google Play Music) + ad add free YouTube + Original YouTube Content.

YouTube Music Premuim is €9.99 and the family plan is €15 odd like Play Music, Spotify, Apple music ect.

beno619 wrote: »
    YouTube premium is 15.99 and includes YouTube Music Premuim (service which will eventually replace Google Play Music) + ad add free YouTube + Original YouTube Content.

YouTube Music Premuim is €9.99 and the family plan is €15 odd like Play Music, Spotify, Apple music ect.

mDTZxm2.jpg

That's the Irish prices. Anyone seeing different must have a VPN.

Cheers. Signed up for the premium music. Was showing as 9.99 a month from September but cancelled straight away so won't be charged.

Why didn't you just sign up for Youtube Premium which includes Premium Music?

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are you using a VPN?

Ah! I have a DNS switcher which must be affecting it. Just logged into Youtube here in work and its showing as €11.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ThePott wrote: »
    Never heard of this, is it simply called Spotify APK.

Forget about that. It was a modded version of Spotify but it no longer works.

Advertisement