Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Log

• 14-06-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Betting on every game and log for my own records.

€12.50 e/w on both Germany and Brazil outright @ 9/2 and 5/1 respectively

Russia v Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia +1 €11.98 including €10 free @ 9/5
    Fedor Smolov 1st goal €10.16 @23/10

€1.40 double @ 22.97/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Collie D wrote: »
    Betting on every game and log for my own records.

€12.50 e/w on both Germany and Brazil outright @ 9/2 and 5/1 respectively

Russia v Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia +1 €11.98 including €10 free @ 9/5
    Fedor Smolov 1st goal €10.16 @23/10

€1.40 double @ 22.97/1

**** start.

Staked: €13.54
    P/L: -€13.54
    ROI: -100%

Egypt v Uruguay

1-0 to Uruguay €14.40 free bet @ 9/2
    Edinson Cavani to score any time €41 @ 19/20

Also €15.60 free bet on Uruguay/Morocco double @ 3/1

Egypt v Uruguay

1-0 to Uruguay €14.40 free bet @ 9/2
    Edinson Cavani to score any time €41 @ 19/20

Also €15.60 free bet on Uruguay/Morocco double @ 3/1

1 winner, a loser and the double still alive.

Staked: €54.54
    P/L: +€10.26
    ROI: 18.81%

Morocco v Iran

Small bets on this just to keep log going and also because I also already have Morocco in the aforementioned double.

1-0 to Morocco €3.37 @ 9/2
    Hakim Ziyech anytime goal €5.14 @ 13/5

Morocco v Iran

Small bets on this just to keep log going and also because I also already have Morocco in the aforementioned double.

1-0 to Morocco €3.37 @ 9/2
    Hakim Ziyech anytime goal €5.14 @ 13/5

No joy.

Staked: €63.05
    P/L: +€1.75
    ROI: 2.78%

• Advertisement

Portugal v Spain

Draw €16.04 @ 23/10
    1-1 €8.15 @ 11/2

Portugal v Spain

Draw €16.04 @ 23/10
    1-1 €8.15 @ 11/2

Didn't get to see the game and sounded like a cracker. Typical.

Anyway, one winning bet and one loser but a profit.

Staked: €87.24
    P/L: +€30.49
    ROI: 34.95%

France v Australia
    France & both teams to score €16.58 @ 21/10
    3-1 to France €3.28 @ 10/1

France v Australia
    France & both teams to score €16.58 @ 21/10
    3-1 to France €3.28 @ 10/1

That could have gone either way. Either getting both bets up or none. Getting a good sweat on the three bets I've won on.

Staked: €107.10
    P/L: +€62.03
    ROI: 57.92%

Argentina v Iceland

Argentina -1 €15.33 including €8.15 free bet @ evens

2-0 to Argentina €5.33 @ 9/2

• Advertisement

Argentina v Iceland

Argentina -1 €15.33 including €8.15 free bet @ evens

2-0 to Argentina €5.33 @ 9/2

Nothing here. Two lessons learned. That's a very determined, well organised Icelandic side. And Argentina are in trouble with that defence.

Staked: €119.61
    P/L: +€49.52
    ROI: 41.4%

Game 7: Peru v Denmark

Draw €10.24 @ 2/1

Game 7: Peru v Denmark

Draw €10.24 @ 2/1

No idea how Peru didn't score.

Staked: €129.85
    P/L: +€39.28
    ROI: 30.25%

Croatia v Nigeria

Very confident of a Croatia win so going to play up my profits and try get a bit more value than the 8/11 on straight win.

Croatia win to nil €14.96 @ 7/5
    Croatia and under 2.5 goals €11.22 @ 11/5
    Mario Mandzukic 1st scorer €4.90 ew @ 4/1

Croatia v Nigeria

Very confident of a Croatia win so going to play up my profits and try get a bit more value than the 8/11 on straight win.

Croatia win to nil €14.96 @ 7/5
    Croatia and under 2.5 goals €11.22 @ 11/5
    Mario Mandzukic 1st scorer €4.90 ew @ 4/1

That could have been very good if Mandzukic was on penalties but will take it.

Staked: €165.83
    P/L: +€75.10
    ROI: 45.29%

Costa Rica v Serbia

Again I'm very confident in the Balkan side doing the business here. However, since I backed them last night at what was top price the price has drifted which is both worrying and annoying I didn't wait. With the goalscorer bet there are also better prices available but I can't get on at this moment.

Serbia €37.24 @ 4/5
    Aleksandar Mitrovic 1st goal €7.45 ew @ 10/3

• Can I ask a question? When you bet on first goal scorer ew what does that mean?

Can I ask a question? When you bet on first goal scorer ew what does that mean?

Each way. Some bookies do it. Probably not in my favour to be fair. Just annoys me more than it should when selection gets the second. Could do anytime but I was taking a punt on longer odds

Costa Rica v Serbia

Again I'm very confident in the Balkan side doing the business here. However, since I backed them last night at what was top price the price has drifted which is both worrying and annoying I didn't wait. With the goalscorer bet there are also better prices available but I can't get on at this moment.

Serbia €37.24 @ 4/5
    Aleksandar Mitrovic 1st goal €7.45 ew @ 10/3

No joy from Mitrovic but main bet comes in.

Staked: €217.97
    P/L: +€89.99
    ROI: 41.29%

Germany v Mexico

Already have Germany backed outright and mainly interested in watching how they start so a small speculative correct score bet and a decently priced (IMO) goalscorer bet although I'm 0/5 on them after nine games.

Timo Werner anytime scorer €9.89 @ 13/10
    1-0 to Germany €2.84 @ 13/2

• Advertisement

Germany v Mexico

Already have Germany backed outright and mainly interested in watching how they start so a small speculative correct score bet and a decently priced (IMO) goalscorer bet although I'm 0/5 on them after nine games.

Timo Werner anytime scorer €9.89 @ 13/10
    1-0 to Germany €2.84 @ 13/2

Both bets dead before full time

Staked: €230.70
    P/L: +€77.26
    ROI: 33.49%

Brazil v Switzerland

Not expecting another shock here but looking for something a bit better than Brazil win at 2/5. Toyed with idea of Brazil -1 but decided to chance a correct score and as I expect at least a couple of goals another goalscorer...bound to click sometime, right?! Surprised to see Jesus wasn't odds on so have to take it with a decent sized stake.

Gabriel Jesus anytime scorer €39.29 @ 6/5
    2-0 to Brazil €14.40 @ 5/1

Brazil v Switzerland

Not expecting another shock here but looking for something a bit better than Brazil win at 2/5. Toyed with idea of Brazil -1 but decided to chance a correct score and as I expect at least a couple of goals another goalscorer...bound to click sometime, right?! Surprised to see Jesus wasn't odds on so have to take it with a decent sized stake.

Gabriel Jesus anytime scorer €39.29 @ 6/5
    2-0 to Brazil €14.40 @ 5/1

Another one dead before full time. Expensive day. Today's lesson...stick with the Balkan sides?

Suppose I should be happy to get through the first four days in profit as I was off work for all of them. Probably back to smaller stakes for the days where I won't get to see anything.

Staked: €284.39
    P/L: +€23.57
    ROI: 8.29%

Sweden v South Korea

Really struggling to find anything to get excited by with this one and as I won't get to see it anyway I'm just going to have one small long shot bet. If pushed I'd take a Swedish win but not overly confident as they've only won one and scored three in their six friendlies since shocking Italy in the playoffs.

So browsing the specials market I've found another dreaded goalscorer bet but something I think could be over priced after doing some reading. Marcus Berg has a good scoring record at club level although in a poor league in UAE but that's also the level South Korea usually play against. Eight goals for him in qualifying and four of those (the most in Euro qualifying by a forward apparently) from headers so I like these odds.

Marcus Berg to score a header €3.57 @ 20/1

EDIT: Thought more about this and I really don't fancy the Koreans so have added in €30 on Sweden at evs including a tenner free bet so back to level if no joy from this match but looking for something tasty from Belgium.

Sweden v South Korea

Really struggling to find anything to get excited by with this one and as I won't get to see it anyway I'm just going to have one small long shot bet. If pushed I'd take a Swedish win but not overly confident as they've only won one and scored three in their six friendlies since shocking Italy in the playoffs.

So browsing the specials market I've found another dreaded goalscorer bet but something I think could be over priced after doing some reading. Marcus Berg has a good scoring record at club level although in a poor league in UAE but that's also the level South Korea usually play against. Eight goals for him in qualifying and four of those (the most in Euro qualifying by a forward apparently) from headers so I like these odds.

Marcus Berg to score a header €3.57 @ 20/1

EDIT: Thought more about this and I really don't fancy the Koreans so have added in €30 on Sweden at evs including a tenner free bet so back to level if no joy from this match but looking for something tasty from Belgium.

Second guessing worked.

Staked: €307.96
    P/L: €50
    ROI: 16.24%

Belgium v Panama

Working so no writeup but really fancy Belgium....

Romelu Lukaku anytime goal €30 @ 4/6
    Belgium -2 €40 @ 13/8
    Kevin de Bruyne anytime goal €20 @ 5/2

Belgium v Panama

Working so no writeup but really fancy Belgium....

Romelu Lukaku anytime goal €30 @ 4/6
    Belgium -2 €40 @ 13/8
    Kevin de Bruyne anytime goal €20 @ 5/2

Biggest bet of the tournament pays off. Although kind of kicking myself over the last minute KDB bet, just saw the price as I was placing the other bets.

Staked: €397.96
    P/L: €115
    ROI: 28.9%

Tunisia v England

As much as I fancied the Belgians, I'm the opposite with England. I think they could struggle to break down Tunisia and wouldn't be surprised if we get the tournament's first 0-0 this evening but reckon that they will get a dour 1-0. Not going too mad on the stake as I could be horribly wrong.

Under 1.5 goals €8 @ 15/8

Tunisia v England

As much as I fancied the Belgians, I'm the opposite with England. I think they could struggle to break down Tunisia and wouldn't be surprised if we get the tournament's first 0-0 this evening but reckon that they will get a dour 1-0. Not going too mad on the stake as I could be horribly wrong.

Under 1.5 goals €8 @ 15/8

Well that was my quickest loser.

Staked: €405.96
    P/L: + €107
    ROI: 26.36%

• Advertisement

Colombia v Japan

Simple as..I don't see anything other than a win for Colombia who look like a good side against another Asian team - a confederation I simply just don't rate. Just backed a straight win and will maybe do a goalscorer bet in the afternoon once line-ups are confirmed. I have only just noticed that Boyles (as well as Ladbrokes) do double odds on FGS if scored in the first twenty minutes.

Colombia €20 @ 3/4

EDIT: Added a scorer bet. Also another match where I back a match result early and price drifts. Colombia almost at evens now.

Radamel Falcao 1st goal €8 @ 7/2

Advertisement