Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Velour in mercedes sel

• 12-06-2018 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of this. I've been offered a pristine, very low mileage sel from the mod nineties. I mean absolutely pristine, but it has velour seats which I'm not at all sure about. Should it be a deal breaker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

flatty wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of this. I've been offered a pristine, very low mileage sel from the mod nineties. I mean absolutely pristine, but it has velour seats which I'm not at all sure about. Should it be a deal breaker?

On the contrary as far as I'm concerned, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭flatty

Bigus wrote: »
    flatty wrote: »

On the contrary as far as I'm concerned, go for it.
    Have you ever experienced this velour? I've never even seen it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Is it a w140 or ‘126?

It’s common enough in the ‘126. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in a ‘140.

A 140 funnily enough. I was looking for a 126, but the 140 is quite literally "as new"
    It is absolutely pristine.

I'd post a photo but not quite sure how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I’ve seen cloth seats in a W140 but not velour.

Is it a middle eastern or Japanese import. I’m nearly certain it wasn’t an option on Irish and UK cars (velour that is, not cloth)

search?q=mercedes+w140+velour&client=safari&hl=en-ie&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2ifH15s7bAhWCA8AKHYMJCAYQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=672#imgrc=VJfFDj2R5sdLzM
    csm_W140_-_400SE_zwart_189dkm_-_02_1_985741a0fb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Buy it.

I'd take a top class youngtimer with a spec like that before getting an unknown one.

image90520.jpg

That is cool bigus. It's a Japanese car. I already own a 500sl imported by the same man and it is lovely now that I've spent a couple on it. Pretty much showroom condition. He says that this sel is in the best condition he has ever seen. Unfortunately, it's grey, with grey velour. If it was that red, I'd have it in a heartbeat.
    It's done 26000 km. he will take 8k for it (2k less than he's advertising it for).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

do you have a link to the car

you can pm me if you like might be interested if your not

It's in london. It's grey with grey velour. It would be like driving round in the visitors room at Mountjoy.
    I don't know how to post a photo.
    It's also not on the open market so no link.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

Bigus wrote: »
    image90520.jpg

thats cool, looks like a brothel (or so i was told):eek:

Advertisement