Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Short season,last chance pay league?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

PM sent.

Reply sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Paid and pm sent.
    Happy Christmas

Codes sent to all payees. 9 so far that I can see.

Let me know if you paid and I missed you!

We have 10 paid up including yours truly.

So far that makes 200 for the winner.

All 3 others who expressed interest PM'd.

Anyone else interested drop me a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I’m interested

• Advertisement

I’m interested

Pm sent

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Pm sent

Didn’t get one yet.

Didn’t get one yet.

Money transferred

Everyone that's paid up should has joined it seems. 13 participants as it stands. So winner gets €260. No other prizes unless we get a couple of late arrivals before tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Everyone that's paid up should has joined it seems. 13 participants as it stands. So winner gets €260. No other prizes unless we get a couple of late arrivals before tomorrow afternoon.

count me in if it's not too late

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    count me in if it's not too late

Pm incoming.

Right we'll lock this up. 14 paid and entered.

280 quid to the winner.

Good luck all.

Just a pre-warning for whoever wins this. I won't be back in Ireland until Tuesday morning. So just PM me with details if you win. I'll sort it then Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Seems like Kankan has disappeared off the face of the earth with my winnings for this

Boots234 wrote: »
    Seems like Kankan has disappeared off the face of the earth with my winnings for this

No reply what so ever ?

No reply what so ever ?

Got a message 3 weeks ago saying will be in contact soon, nothing since

Got a message 3 weeks ago saying will be in contact soon, nothing since

He did say he was out of the country.Maybe one of the mods could step in a message him.Surely a banning offence if can't be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

He did say he was out of the country.Maybe one of the mods could step in a message him.Surely a banning offence if can't be resolved.

He told me the same and that he would be a couple days longer than expected. Given what he was away for maybe things have been tougher than expected since then?

I'm waiting on h2h winnings was it just the two leagues or were there more?

I’d contact a mod straight away if it were me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

jimmii wrote: »
    Given what he was away for maybe things have been tougher than expected since then?

What was he away for?

Really think these things should be settled within a week unless there is really exceptional circumstances - who knows maybe in this case there is.

Especially of its paid through paypal it should only take 2 mins to send people there money. If you are running leagues you should either leave money there to pay people or know that you'll have cash in bank to pay people when season ends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

What was he away for?

Really think these things should be settled within a week unless there is really exceptional circumstances - who knows maybe in this case there is.

Especially of its paid through paypal it should only take 2 mins to send people there money. If you are running leagues you should either leave money there to pay people or know that you'll have cash in bank to pay people when season ends.

Yeah thats one thing I hate about FF is when people that run it take the piss and you have to chase them for it, I know someone who won two work leagues and the lads still havnt paid out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Got so confused. As I thought this was the one I had money for and I paid the guys. Was sweating a little bit!

Hopefully you guys get sorted. Perhaps going forward with these sort of leagues people can vouch for a trusted treasurer etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Wow, just saw this now. I hope everyone gets sorted.

The few leagues I entered previously I have to say were run unbelievably well.

I messaged him again on Saturday asking what the story was but got no reply. Can't really do any more than that, looks like we won't be getting our winnings

I messaged him again on Saturday asking what the story was but got no reply. Can't really do any more than that, looks like we won't be getting our winnings

Get a mod involved,at the very least he will be banned from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Get a mod involved,at the very least he will be banned from the forum.

We've agreed that's not really what we want to happen! Would obviously prefer they just came back and settled things a ban seems unlikely to help matters.

jimmii wrote: »
    We've agreed that's not really what we want to happen! Would obviously prefer they just came back and settled things a ban seems unlikely to help matters.

Would you get the mod to message the user and set a deadline for him to at least reply before getting banned?He took my money aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm not sure the mods would want to get involved in this as I guess we enter into this we know the risks and most of us don't know each other personally. Perhaps I'm wrong on this.

I tried to do a bit of detective work (a google search) to see if they had a twitter or anything in their boards username. If you are doing the same on a work machine do not, i repeat DO NOT open the kankan14 flickr account! I highly doubt they are connected!

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Did you check to see if they had an adverts account linked.I think the mods would be interested,we do leagues every year and dont want one person spoiling it for everyone.
    Sure what harm could it do getting a mod to message them and try get a reply,even if the money is gone could give the poster time to redeem him/her self.I dont want to hang anyone but he/she shouldnt be let off either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

I paid into this league after just checking my leagues, this is ridiculous that it hasn't paid out or even the decency to get back to the winner. At this stage can Boards.ie get his IP which can be reported to the guards for running a scam.

Advertisement