Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Master Plan for Cherrywood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

what super form of transport is getting you to the city centre in 25 minutes as claimed in the plan?
    METRO, car and bike

• Really not crazy about some of the mockups. Looks too much like Dundrum Town Centre. Fingers crossed the build a decent pub though.

• ted1 wrote: »
    METRO, car and bike

Even with the Metro upgrades between Charlemont and Sandyford I dont see how they'll get travel time down to 25 minutes. Its currently about 20 minutes between cherrywood and Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Planning Permission granted for a lot of the Cherrywood development
    https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0531/967294-cherrywood-town-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Lets hope they are not fire death traps. Hope is all we have as there is no inspectorate to sign off.

• Advertisement

Lets hope they are not fire death traps. Hope is all we have as there is no inspectorate to sign off.
    are you always so negative ??

They will be far from it. They got the law changed so they could get rid of Hall ways and have the bedrooms directly off the living space. To do this they needed to add sprinkler systems and other fire supresents

• Registered Users Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I took the picture below walking into work the other day , its the view headed up towards the old roundabout.
    I don't understand why they went to the bother and expenditure of making this lane only to block it off? Openstreetmap shows this lane as headed directly into the business estate when in actuality it goes to a dead end.
    The fifth lane heading in the same direction is blocked off too (see pic below), that lane I cannot find any rationale for at all??

I imagine its part of the over all plan and they are going to change it eventually??

453014.jpg

Open street map version, note the lane in yellow going left into the estate:

453015.PNG

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Thanks Ted (and Ossian) , hadn't see that post.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Thanks Ted (and Ossian) , hadn't see that post.
    And congratulations to him on his new position

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/news/general-news-press-releases/councillor-ossian-smyth-elected-cathaoirleach-dún-laoghaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I see another website up for the Cherrywood development. This time for Cherrywood Village, with a Masterplan launch in 5 days
    Cherrywood Village

This is on top of the other sites on the go:
    Cherrywood Dublin
    Cherrywood Retail
    Cherrywood

St Laurence’s College proposed apartments
    This appears to be at the pre application consultation phase which means a formal application has yet to be made to An Bord Plenála.
    When an application is made for an SHD (Strategic Housing Development) it skips the formal local planning process.

119848618_10216906470763297_9110883929932572869_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=bY9yWhZLqGYAX_FJyi4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=3b0469d4d32def636e8daf4ea7f4afb6&oe=5F907E9A

• I hope they build a pub.

• RosieJoe wrote: »
    Also, there looks like a fast track plan is in place for apartments on St. Laurence's grounds

119848618_10216906470763297_9110883929932572869_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=bY9yWhZLqGYAX_FJyi4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=3b0469d4d32def636e8daf4ea7f4afb6&oe=5F907E9A

Theres already a creche in Tullyvale.

Does anyone know how the parks are coming along, are any of them open to the public yet?

Supercell wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the parks are coming along, are any of them open to the public yet?

I think they were required to have all of these complete prior to building work. From what I have seen they are still not open to the public. Parks off Lehaunstown Lane have 24hr Security warnings at all entrances

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I think they were required to have all of these complete prior to building work. From what I have seen they are still not open to the public. Parks off Lehaunstown Lane have 24hr Security warnings at all entrances

Thanks for that update, I'm really looking forward to having a jog around them all once completed. I work in the business park, or used too before we all moved to working from home so don't get to see much of what's going on except when driving through on route to the M50.

• Supercell wrote: »
    Thanks for that update, I'm really looking forward to having a jog around them all once completed. I work in the business park, or used too before we all moved to working from home so don't get to see much of what's going on except when driving through on route to the M50.

I live in Cherrywood and honestly have not noticed any park development.

I live in Cherrywood and honestly have not noticed any park development.

They are off towards lehaunstown, not near the current development areas

Check out the interactive map here: http://www.cherrywooddublin.com/masterplan/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

This is going to be completely change the surrounding areas, probably in a good way. Its a part of the south side so disconnected from the rest of the city. Will be nice not living in sleepy hollow if the area is cool

• Advertisement

• RosieJoe wrote: »
    They are off towards lehaunstown, not near the current development areas

Check out the interactive map here: http://www.cherrywooddublin.com/masterplan/

According to the map I live straight across from where the park will be and as I said I've not noticed much from a park development point of view.

According to the map I live straight across from where the park will be and as I said I've not noticed much from a park development point of view.

Open your curtains. The park are built. AstroTurf and floodlights have been installed over A year ago

Lots progress updates here: http://www.cherrywooddublin.com/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Government has decided to submit a bid to Brussels to host the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting.

The co-operative project of 34 nations is currently based in Reading, Berkshire and will be required to re-locate following Brexit.

It is understood that 9 EU States will compete for this hi-tech centre, which houses researchers and super computers to analyse weather patterns for the greater European region.

If successful, the Centre will move to a purpose built facility in Cherrywood, hosting some 250 staff.

Competition will be stiff, obviously, but it would be a superb coup for Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown as a hub for high technology industry, research and education.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Government has decided to submit a bid to Brussels to host the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting.

The co-operative project of 34 nations is currently based in Reading, Berkshire and will be required to re-locate following Brexit.

It is understood that 9 EU States will compete for this hi-tech centre, which houses researchers and super computers to analyse weather patterns for the greater European region.

If successful, the Centre will move to a purpose built facility in Cherrywood, hosting some 250 staff.

Competition will be stiff, obviously, but it would be a superb coup for Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown as a hub for high technology industry, research and education.

Be a great tenant for the harbour terminal building.

I wouldn't say its nearly big enough. Besides, I thought that a new lessee was in place there to take forward the enterprise/technology campus idea?

I wouldn't say its nearly big enough. Besides, I thought that a new lessee was in place there to take forward the enterprise/technology campus idea?

that fell through.

Aegir wrote: »
    that fell through.

The original lease did. I understood a new consortium was in there now. Theres a new planning application for amendments to the food court in the original permission anyway.

The original lease did. I understood a new consortium was in there now. Theres a new planning application for amendments to the food court in the original permission anyway.

I didn’t realise someone has picked it up again. I know the backer of the initial plan pulled out after being messed around repeatedly.

The new one looks like a sly way of getting apartments built in the harbour, which is what developers really want. Shame if that happens, it is a large space that could be out to good use for the community, rather than a developers bank account.

Aegir wrote: »
    The new one looks like a sly way of getting apartments built in the harbour, which is what developers really want.

No, it doesn't. The new lease was granted in February, according to Council minutes. It is only a lease to repurpose the building and operate it commercially, the Council retains ownership of everything. All of the County Development Plan, Harbours Act of 2015 and other various byelaws and policies would all have to be changed to even contemplate residential development in the Harbour and to my mind, there is no appetite for that. In fact a whole bunch of people attached to the Clubs in the Harbour are going hard after a national centre for seaborne sports and leisure, having secured funding to examine the feasibility.

• Advertisement

I'm totally confused, what harbour can there be in Cherrywood?

Advertisement