Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can i still vote

Options
  • 25-05-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm registered to vote, but forgot it was at my home house, which I've not lived at in years.

I heard someone say a driving license and utility bill may be enough at a polling station.

Is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hi All,

I'm registered to vote, but forgot it was at my home house, which I've not lived at in years.

I heard someone say a driving license and utility bill may be enough at a polling station.

Is this true?

At the correct polling station only, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Hi All,

Is this true?

If you go to the polling station where you are registered (assuming you are still on the register) , you can just rock up with ID and vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

JayRoc wrote: »
    If you go to the polling station where you are registered (assuming you are still on the register) , you can just rock up with ID and vote.

Okay thanks, so for instance, home is in Sligo, which im registered at and live in Dublin.

Can only vote back at sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Okay thanks, so for instance, home is in Sligo, which im registered at and live in Dublin.

Correct you can only vote in the polling station that you are registered at. You cannot vote in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

yes you can only vote at the specific polling station you're registered at in Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Advertisement