Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lauryn Hill 30 nov, 3 arena

• 23-05-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Playing miseducation of ms Lauryn Hill
    3 customers presale has started. General sale this Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow - Def gonna go

TIERED SEATING
    €72.75

STANDING
    €69.20

Would you expect this to sell out? Can't imagine there'd be a huge appetite for her all the same in Ireland. Easier to get tickets I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

It'd be worth pointing out that her reputation as a performer is.... well..... less than stellar these days. And that's if she even turns up.

The latest in a long line of failed money grabs from Ms. Hill, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lauryn Hill performing to a crowd of 10,000 white people. Lol. I'm sure she will be well up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

JaMarcus wrote: »
    It'd be worth pointing out that her reputation as a performer is.... well..... less than stellar these days. And that's if she even turns up.

The latest in a long line of failed money grabs from Ms. Hill, I imagine.

I remember reading a story the owner of a club told her to get off stage as she was so so baked.

Then that paved the way for an 'intoxicated clause' in future gig contracts which spread around concert venues around the world.

She made history in providing a better experience for the customer by being so baked.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah, she has a reputation for being hit and miss at best, but some of the reviews of her tour with Nas are great. Think I'll take the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Does anyone need pre sale code. I will not be using mine

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ciaran15

Greg81 wrote: »
    Does anyone need pre sale code. I will not be using mine

Hi Greg - any chance this is still available? I’d be keen to take if so? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Going to this tomorrow. Bit worried about all the reports of her making you wait 2 hours and then playing 30 minutes.

Anyone know if the venue has a curfew? Also would I be entitled to a refund if she cut the gig that short?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

she was 2 hours late in paris and brussels than on average an hour late in the uk but she has gone past the curfews

latest set list was 16 songs in Manchester on the 26th

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lauryn-hill/2018/manchester-arena-manchester-england-1b972d68.html

glasgow was 14 songs (the venue turned the houselights on and cut it short)

paris 17 songs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Blisterman wrote: »
    Anyone know if the venue has a curfew? Also would I be entitled to a refund if she cut the gig that short?

I believe the curfew is 10:30pm in the 3 Arena but I’m not sure what the clause is in terms of cutting short a concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

PCros wrote: »
    I believe the curfew is 10:30pm in the 3 Arena but I’m not sure what the clause is in terms of cutting short a concert.
    Is it not 11? Fairly sure I've been there after 1030.

I remember guns n roses coming on 2 hours late there and playing till 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

peteeeed wrote: »
    she was 2 hours late in paris and brussels than on average an hour late in the uk but she has gone past the curfews

paris 17 songs

Played more than one night in Paris though it's the first that was the real Sh1tshow was reading about it earlier :o

As far as I know that's on the promoter to implicate the artist breach so they can dish out refunds, I think it's 45 mins minimum requirement that was the talk when the GnR mess happened at least, could be bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Going to this but don't want to get my hopes up for the previous reasons mentioned above.

I'm guessing it will be 9pm at the earliest before she is on so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

ustari wrote: »
    Going to this but don't want to get my hopes up for the previous reasons mentioned above.

I'm guessing it will be 9pm at the earliest before she is on so?

Same going with the impression she’s going to be ****e!!! Looking forward to it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

2 Free Standing tickets to this - please only accept these if you are actually going to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That be great if you still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

check PM send me your email over that

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Checked 3 reviews of the current your, each one said she was either 45 mins, 1 hour or 2 hours late on stage. Girl is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Checked 3 reviews of the current your, each one said she was either 45 mins, 1 hour or 2 hours late on stage. Girl is a mess.

Anything but a mess, great performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Sight808 wrote: »
    Anything but a mess, great performance.

Girl can sing, never any doubt about that. But try telling that to her fans in Paris who waited 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Great performance. Terrible sound. She was extreeeeeemely agitated by her monitor mix. Like every 10 seconds nearly losing the rag for the first half hour of the gig so I moved away to watch it from further away. Felt bad for her. She was in tears towards the end of the show too. Sound improved a bit for the last third of the gig I thought. The Funk Apostles were the best support band I’ve ever seen at a gig and I would have paid the price of the ticket for them alone. Sound was spot on for their whole set from where I was. Maybe it’s not such a great idea having a DJ between them and Lauryn if they can’t do a proper monitor and line check.

Had heard earlier in the night that she would be signing autographs after the show at the bar but honestly didn’t expect her to be there, but fair play to her she was and was very pleasant

Bit of a mixed bag but I think there were more positive than negatives overall. The sound was definitely iffy for some numbers in particular ("Everything is Everything" was almost unrecognisable.) But the highlights of the show made it worthwhile; "Final Hour", "The Miseducation..." (her strongest and most emotional vocal of the night), the crowd reaction to "Doo Wop" and getting to hear "Ready or Not".

Don't think anyone was surprised she was late onstage but to be fair it could have been a lot worse! I was happy to see how passionate she was onstage; part of me thought she might just go through the motions and doing this tour for money, but you could tell she genuinely wanted to be there (even with the sound issues!)

I loved it and the sound for me was good but I was right up the front

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone know what happened with Digable Planets? They seemed to walk off stage after only about 3 songs. And Shabazz Palaces never played at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone know what happened with Digable Planets? They seemed to walk off stage after only about 3 songs. And Shabazz Palaces never played at all?

They didnt dig it ?

i was there at 7:30 when they came on and they played for about 30-40 mins . defo played more than 3 songs

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

It was a great gig, one the best I've seen the 3Arena (I prefer small and/or outdoor venues), the two Fugee tracks at the end being a nice bonus.

Sound was ok for us, up the front. Caught most of The Funk Apostles - would defo go see them in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

whelzer wrote: »
    Caught most of The Funk Apostles - would defo go see them in their own right.

Was sickened to hear that they played a 3 hour set in the Sugar Club later that night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

My hair dresser was at this and said it was the best gig she was ever at...

Advertisement