Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finches Blackcurrent cordial

• 16-05-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

There's a long story but bottom line a mates kid is mad for Finches Blackcurrent that they sell in pubs. I've looked everywhere and tried emailing c&c but haven't managed to find anywhere I could pick up a bottle.

Does anyone know somewhere in South Dublin (or actually anywhere near Dublin) that would sell me a bottle of Finches Blackcurrent? There were a few threads on here already about this great stuff but they seem to be from quite a time ago.

Any help very much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Try an off-licence attached to a pub - an old thread here said it was in the off licence attached to Traders pub in Walkinstown (not sure if its still open as it was sold in 2016 for redevelopment).

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Cheers I might swing by there later and see if they have it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Try asking in a pub. Cordial tends not be on the stock take so a bartender will probably sell you a full bottle handy enough.

Swung by Traders but no joy :(

I'll start looking for pubs with offi's attached :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Sadly the taste of Finches products are not as good as they used to be when United Beverages then Gleeson's made them - they put a lot into marketing etc and C&C does not seem to do that.

Finches products & Cadet 250 ml PET bottles are now manufactured by Norbev in Northern Ireland on behalf of C&C.

However if you do want them if someone you know has a Musgrave Card I'm sure they will stock them there.

• Advertisement

Interesting on the Musgrave idea I hadn't thought of them.

Finally got sorted, they had it in Menloe's in Blackrock in Cork,
    https://www.pointy.com/shops/ireland/cork/menloe-stores?item=finches-premium-cordial-blackcurrant%2C-1l&item_id=AAwMiPEyAYNPgsFUmA6JV7wVGTdkbTjS9XWp9Ywme8eorm2jBlo54IqQb5hQ4_FGCj7V6_LLOxav

Bit of effort getting someone to collect it for me but job done :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

:D

A few hundred meters from where I work!
    Glad ya got sorted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

For anyone looking for it in Dublin - JC's supermarket in Swords in the North County have it :)
    I spotted it today.

IMG_4354.jpgupload an image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It'll be sold out tomorrow - everyone will want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.
    Can anybody tell me can Finches Rock Shandy be bought anywhere or have they stopped making it?

• Advertisement

PWEI wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread.
    Can anybody tell me can Finches Rock Shandy be bought anywhere or have they stopped making it?

They no longer sell finches in 2 ltr bottles, only in 500ML PET, you can get them in Spar mace etc they are made by Novbev In Balymena on behalf of C&C.

usually marked @ 99 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

They no longer sell finches in 2 ltr bottles, only in 500ML PET, you can get them in Spar mace etc they are made by Novbev In Balymena on behalf of C&C.

usually marked @ 99 cent.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

sorry for bumping an old thread but JCs in swords have stopped selling finches as I think they have been taken over by Dunnes. Anyone have any other places they purchase. I need to stock up

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

thegift06 wrote: »
    sorry for bumping an old thread but JCs in swords have stopped selling finches as I think they have been taken over by Dunnes. Anyone have any other places they purchase. I need to stock up

Did you manage to find any I would love to get some. I emailed C and C about the stockists last year and they said they only sell it to pubs.

Finches cordials where only always sold to the pub trade and never for retail.
    Would assume the bottles that you get in JCs etc are surplus or short dated product that C&C would have passed on to the retailer at a reduced price.

Your only option here would be to buy in full cases from Musgrave or another wholesaler to sells to the pub trade or you maybe lucky with a small off licence who stocks from there pub.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The previous owners of JCs owned a pub

Advertisement