Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Voter Card

Options
  • 21-05-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

How do folks?
    I'm yet to receive my polling card for Fridays vote. Have you fine people received yours? The last number of times I've voted I've had the card well in advance, but somehow this time no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

How do folks? I'm yet to receive my polling card for Fridays vote. Have you fine people received yours? The last number of times I've voted I've had the card well in advance, but somehow this time no joy.

Ours arrived last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ours arrived last week

Same here, both myself and mother got ours. However, my grandmother and grand/great auntie (which is it?) haven't got theirs. Both are on the register though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

How do folks?
    I'm yet to receive my polling card for Fridays vote. Have you fine people received yours? The last number of times I've voted I've had the card well in advance, but somehow this time no joy.

You won't need it. Just turn up with ID.

I've moved house (Kerry to Meath) since last voting and re-registered. I emailed to ask if I was registered and what to do if I don't get my voting card. They confirmed I was registered and just turn up on the day with ID if the card doesn't arrive so no need to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

Whole family got theirs last week. But you don't need one to vote as mentioned on the The Referendum Commission website
    I haven't received my polling card yet. Do I need it to vote?
    You do not need your polling card. You must bring a valid form of personal identification, such as a passport or driving licence, with you when you go to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

I recently moved address and am thus on the supplement to the register.
    I haven't received anything re the election; should i not get some kind of paperwork to at least confirm where my polling station is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    I recently moved address and am thus on the supplement to the register.
    I haven't received anything re the election; should i not get some kind of paperwork to at least confirm where my polling station is?

If you are registered, go to checktheregister.ie and make sure if you are registered if you are, you can click on the full details button and it will show where your polling station is.

If you are registered, go to checktheregister.ie and make sure if you are registered if you are, you can click on the full details button and it will show where your polling station is.

Thanks for that, i had checked numerous times in the last few weeks and it hadnt been updated. I checked it just now and its showing as my new address :-)
    It dosnt say my polling station but i'm a bit more at ease now i know my vote is in the area (i don't fancy cycling to the other side of the city on Friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

We only got ours this morning so may still be on the way to you. As others have said you can just bring photo ID and proof of address if it doesn't arrive. TBH probably no harm doing that anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

I'm wondering where my polling station is. Living in the city centre

You can look it up on https://www.checktheregister.ie/
    Failing that contact Dublin City Council, they should be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    You can look it up on https://www.checktheregister.ie/
    Failing that contact Dublin City Council, they should be able to help.

Hardly ..... this being the Waterford City forum ......

Hardly ..... this being the Waterford City forum ......

Sorry obviously that should be Waterford City Council then
    (or what ever county council your in - if that's not obvious!).

I'm sure others, like myself, just searched "voter card" and this page came up

Advertisement