Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genuine Work from home Jobs

• 29-03-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Good morning Everybody!

I'm looking for companies who hire people to work from home full time here in Ireland. I'm based in Dublin and I have knowledge in Customer Service and Reselling online. Does anybody know if there is a company that hire people to work from home in Ireland in "Customer Service" or any other technical support jobs.

Ps: Please don't include pyramid scheme jobs.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Apple and eBay have work from home schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭lil_kev

Diziet wrote: »
    Apple and eBay have work from home schemes.

Good Morning

I've tried to look on Ebay and Amazon today but I couldn't find anything that they are offering only for Customer Service. Maybe I missed ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

apple have customer service roles based from home .. I think there was a big thread on here before about them.

Increasingly there are more and more roles popping up as people twig that hours spent commuting is a deterrent for most employees. I work with a small IT company and while we always were able to spend the odd day at home when we didn't have meetings. .. we have gone in the opposite direction and now being in the office is the exception .. skype for business and cloud infrastructure etc .. makes it all the same no matter where you are.

Anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Shopify.. https://www.shopify.com/careers/customer-success-guru-5e32ac

It says "Preferably live within driving distance of Galway (however willing to engage with all suitable candidates)." so could be worth a try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 edora91

Customer service departments have to comply with a lot of privacy requirements. Tech support may be less trouble than a credit card payments service desk, but as soon as they start trying to identify you (name/address/phone nr), they're in the same boat in terms of certification, privacy protection, etc. Do you want them video-monitoring your home-office to meet their obligations? Probably not.
    In my experience it is too much trouble to arrange home-office/work from home facilities with that level of security. Even if they are willing to give it a go, it would be prohibitively expensive. Keeping customer care in a controlled environment (office building with secured access) is the most affordable option.
    However, other business functions may be more likely to get work from home facilities. Think out of the box and don't let the function limit you. Many jobs allow for more flexibility as to where you work from. I just wouldn't count on a decent tech support job from home.

edora91 wrote: »
    Customer service departments have to comply with a lot of privacy requirements. Tech support may be less trouble than a credit card payments service desk, but as soon as they start trying to identify you (name/address/phone nr), they're in the same boat in terms of certification, privacy protection, etc. Do you want them video-monitoring your home-office to meet their obligations? Probably not.
    In my experience it is too much trouble to arrange home-office/work from home facilities with that level of security. Even if they are willing to give it a go, it would be prohibitively expensive. Keeping customer care in a controlled environment (office building with secured access) is the most affordable option.
    However, other business functions may be more likely to get work from home facilities. Think out of the box and don't let the function limit you. Many jobs allow for more flexibility as to where you work from. I just wouldn't count on a decent tech support job from home.

Do you know maybe companies that are providing flexibility to work from home/office because I'm having hard time to find that kind of job for the last 4 years. :) I'm not saying that they don't exist in Ireland but who ever is providing that kind of flexibility in 99% will not put on indeed/job.ie/monster etc. Thnx: )

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Shopify.. https://www.shopify.com/careers/customer-success-guru-5e32ac

It says "Preferably live within driving distance of Galway (however willing to engage with all suitable candidates)." so could be worth a try!

I'm based in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

lil_kev wrote: »
    I'm based in Dublin :)

Yes, but it does say willing to engage with all suitable candidates. So might be worth applying for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

lil_kev wrote: »

You've gotten several answers comprising of almost all of your options. Don't act like this in an interview or you havent a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 derv72

HI all

im in the same situation. I have worked in the medical device business for the last 14yrs and took a year out last year due to my husband travelling alot with work so i was at home to do school runs etc. I am now looking to get back to work and am looking for work from home postions. I dont have any tele sales experince. Are all these jobs telesales

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

derv72 wrote: »
    HI all

im in the same situation. I have worked in the medical device business for the last 14yrs and took a year out last year due to my husband travelling alot with work so i was at home to do school runs etc. I am now looking to get back to work and am looking for work from home postions. I dont have any tele sales experince. Are all these jobs telesales

Thanks all

No they are technical support. Training is provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

derv72 wrote: »
    HI all

Thanks all

What kind of Med Device? I've done contract work in Med Device before and sometimes you see agencies who offer technical writing roles from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 derv72

MilfordBud wrote: »
    What kind of Med Device? I've done contract work in Med Device before and sometimes you see agencies who offer technical writing roles from home.

Ive worked in medtronic as a process operator

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I know this is an old thread but lots of remote roles listed here on Grow remote https://jobs.growremote.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TuamJ

Shopify, I know a load of people gone in there out of Telus and the benefits are savage.

The interview process is very competitive though and the job is also not easy. You are working from home but you are WORKING. Have only heard good things though. Mate got promoted after a few months.

Advertisement