Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barna bus routes

• 14-05-2018 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Is there another bus service from Barna to the city centre other than the 414? I was looking on the citydirect website and it only shows buses leaving 2 times a day and the same on the return leg. Both these are before lunchtime. Is there another way home in the evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is there another bus service from Barna to the city centre other than the 414? I was looking on the citydirect website and it only shows buses leaving 2 times a day and the same on the return leg. Both these are before lunchtime. Is there another way home in the evening?
    Yes
    the 424

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Thanks. I see the latest bus is 6.00pm from Eyre Square. Is this the latest you can get from town to Barna?

Just trying to see what options we will have when we move there in August in case my wife has to work later.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thanks. I see the latest bus is 6.00pm from Eyre Square. Is this the latest you can get from town to Barna?

Just trying to see what options we will have when we move there in August in case my wife has to work later.

It's about a 20 minute walk from the 402 bus stop at the bottom of Ballymoneen Rd. Footpath all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

There have been rumors of a later Bus to be announced, but currently the 424 @ 18:00hrs is the last bus to Barna.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There have been rumors of a later Bus to be announced, but currently the 424 @ 18:00hrs is the last bus to Barna.

Jesus thats shocking. And people wonder why people drive

• Advertisement

BÉ 424 introducing later routes, until 2300 outbound, from September

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

zell12 wrote: »
    BÉ 424 introducing later routes, until 2300 outbound, from September

Apparently, the new services will be at

19:00hrs
    21:00hrs
    23:00hrs

I assume there might be later services into town, (for the 19:00hrs/21:00hrs bus to return to town).

Finally
    New 1930 service to Lettermullen
    New 2100 service to Carraroe
    New 2300 service to Carraroe
    New 0630 departure from Lettermullen to Galway
    New 0730 service from Carraroe to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

zell12 wrote: »
    Finally
    New 1930 service to Lettermullen
    New 2100 service to Carraroe
    New 2300 service to Carraroe
    New 0630 departure from Lettermullen to Galway
    New 0730 service from Carraroe to Galway

Yup, some improvements for Oughterard and Moycullen too.

Full details here: http://news.galwaytransport.info/2019/11/changes-to-bus-eireann-services-in.html

Advertisement