Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scott Hutchison RIP

• 11-05-2018 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

The body of Scott Hutchison, lead singer Frightened Rabbit, has been found. He had been missing since earlier in the week and there were a lot of concerns about him disappearing. Very sad to hear this, I really enjoyed watching these guys play live.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

It hasn't been confirmed yet has it? But not looking good. Very sad news, a great band. I only seen them last year in Kilkenny and they were great. Their last album is brilliant. Suicide is a terrible thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Listened to Painting of a Panic Attack a lot when it was released. Loved it.
    Listening to it again this morning. So sad for him and his family & friends.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Listened to Painting of a Panic Attack a lot when it was released. Loved it.

A brilliant album from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

jester77 wrote: »
    The body of Scott Hutchison, lead singer Frightened Rabbit, has been found. He had been missing since earlier in the week and there were a lot of concerns about him disappearing. Very sad to hear this, I really enjoyed watching these guys play live.

RIP

Very sad news.

If anyone is feeling they can't go on, or that people would be better off without them, it's not true - you're unwell, and it won't always feel like this.

Reach out to someone you know, or to the Samaritans / SOSAD etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Very sad news.

If anyone is feeling they can't go on, or that people would be better off without them, it's not true - you're unwell, and it won't always feel like this.

Reach out to someone you know, or to the Samaritans / SOSAD etc.

This x100.

His last few tweets are haunting. It is ok not to be ok, there is always someone there for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Echoing what I've said elsewhere..

Absolutely gutted this morning. Followed Frightened Rabbit's career closely for the last 10 years as they continued to deliver interesting and well-written music. Not many bands I'd see more than once in a tour.. I saw Frightened Rabbit's twice in one day, and three times in 6 months. Incredible band and Scott was one helluva frontman. He very open about his mental illness - both in his profound lyrics and interviews. So it's very sad to see it end like this. The world just lost a great talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Very sad. very nice fella - he and his brother played a gig I organised in the Underground in Carlow in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Absolutely gutted.

RIP Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Was chatting to him after a gig in Galway last year, such a genuine and down to earth guy, and an incredible frontman.

I thought his last tweets seemed a bit ominous when I saw them but never expected it would be this bad. RIP Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Confirmed now as being him :(:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-44079462

Really devastated at this news. I absolutely love the band and he was a great guy. I had the privilege of seeing them live several times and I managed to shake his hand and say thanks very hurriedly at longitude a few years ago.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Absolutely shocking. I cannot imagine what his friends, family and bandmates are going through. May he rest in peace.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-11_at_15.16.23.png

:(

Just to try and combat some sadness, here's Scott in better times giving a reality check to a young child! :D

I've gone to way too many gigs where lead singers don't nearly have the same fun interaction with crowds that Scott did so well.

And it's a sad thought to think that people won't get a chance to see that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Absolutely devastated by this news. Easily my favourite band of the last ten years, I was at the Glasgow show on St Paddy's day and it was unbelievable. One of the most underrated song writers in the last decade.

'and while I'm alive I'll make tiny changes to Earth'

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

This has my heart broken. I played The Midnight Organ Fight and The Winter of Mixed Drinks albums non stop when they first came out. Annoyed my mates talking about the band, always had them on in the car.
    Saw the news while in work earlier that his body had been found so put the above albums on and was holding back the tears. Such a sad and tragic loss. Lyrics that always resonated deeply with me.
    Not usually one for RIP threads but this has me shook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/many-musicians-taking-lives-demands-12521672

Something needs to be done about this. We are losing too many great musicians so early.

This has my heart broken. I played The Midnight Organ Fight and The Winter of Mixed Drinks albums non stop when they first came out. Annoyed my mates talking about the band, always had them on in the car.
    Saw the news while in work earlier that his body had been found so put the above albums on and was holding back the tears. Such a sad and tragic loss. Lyrics that always resonated deeply with me.
    Not usually one for RIP threads but this has me shook.

Lyrics that always resonated with me is so true. I'm 36 and shed a tear this morning when I heard.
    For the last 10 years I've loved and learnt... got me through the highs and lows of life.

'Put the brakes on these fast, fast wheels'

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Lyrics that always resonated with me is so true. I'm 36 and shed a tear this morning when I heard.
    For the last 10 years I've loved and learnt... got me through the highs and lows of life.

'Put the brakes on these fast, fast wheels'

Yeah I'm 40 chief, I've gone through the usual ups and downs for somehow my age, and for the last ten years or so there are lines from those songs that can explain things I'm feeling better than I could do it myself.
    Like I said, I'm not one for RIP threads, usually I wouldn't bat an eyelid at celebrity deaths, but I got a rattle off this one.

FYI.. The Ruby Sessions hosted a night dedicated to Scott last night with performances by Bell X1, Ham Sandwich, James Vincent McMorrow and Mik Pyro among others.

Don't know how good audio and video is but just noticed they broadcast it on Facebook Live.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1927685943931924&id=111033475597189

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Basq wrote: »
    FYI.. The Ruby Sessions hosted a night dedicated to Scott last night with performances by Bell X1, Ham Sandwich, James Vincent McMorrow and Mik Pyro among others.

Don't know how good audio and video is but just noticed they broadcast it on Facebook Live.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1927685943931924&id=111033475597189

I watched a lot of it last night and the quality is quite good (although the crowd near the mic are pretty loud sometimes). Ham Sandwich definitely did the best covers and James Vincent McMorrow did a nice cover of Fast Blood. I don't know what Mick Pyro was doing there to be honest. They finished up with a recording of Scott singing Poke at the Ruby Sessions in 2012 :(

I still can't seem to get over Scott being gone. I know this is always said when famous people pass away but this has hit me so much harder compared to any other celebrity deaths. It's clear that he meant a lot to so many people and I'm glad that at least he will live on through his music and our personal relationships with it.

I still can't seem to get over Scott being gone. I know this is always said when famous people pass away but this has hit me so much harder compared to any other celebrity deaths. It's clear that he meant a lot to so many people and I'm glad that at least he will live on through his music and our personal relationships with it.
    Yep, I had friends and family who've never heard of Frightened Rabbit who can't understand this grief and outpouring for a frontman of a band who've never been on their radar, but that's their loss to be honest. They're unaware how succinct and well-written his music was.

I'm glad to have seen Scott and the band in their prime.. it's just a gut-punch that we'll all never see him perform again.

EDIT: Just on The Ruby Sessions, performance of the night was Ham Sandwich's 'Good Arms Vs Bad Arms'. Sad to see Niamh Farrell voice breaking at points. And 'Keep Yourself Warm' by them was incredible also.

Tonight is a winter of mixed drinks listen to..

I am floating, I, I am floating
    With my eyes closed, with no sails
    I am soaking, I, I am weathered
    By the winter of mixed drinks

My brother who now lives abroad knew how much I loved FR but he never really listened to them, he txt me earlier saying that he is blown away by them.. Put a smile on my face.

Latest addition to the office..

RZRqd2_D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Basq wrote:
    Latest addition to the office..

Really like this. Is it something you made yourself or is it available to buy?

DeeTee100 wrote: »
    Really like this. Is it something you made yourself or is it available to buy?
    Bought the frame myself (A2) and picked up the brilliant print by Daniel Alcorn from RedBubble: https://www.redbubble.com/people/danielalcorn/works/10217280-ill-make-tiny-changes-to-earth.

Belladrum festival in the North of Scotland are doing a great tribute to Scott.... Playing the MOF album in full instead of the FR slot and having a collection for a mental health charity during their stage time. I unfortunately can't make it but have given a mate who's going a donation from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Advertisement

This is a strange one.. some new Frightened Rabbit music from the soundtrack of The Rock's new movie Skyscraper.

Best recording available so far as Frabbit's Twitter account indicate the only place to hear it is by seeing the movie... but we'll get a studio version soon hopefully.

Screen_Shot_2018-07-26_at_14.31.35.png

Advertisement