Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Matchday Thread

1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    @samuelluckhurst: Mourinho's told the BBC De Gea will be rested vs Watford now he's won the Golden Glove and Romero will start. #mufc

Double Swansea defence for me

any chance he could give smalling a rest once and for all.

71 for the week with TC to go with 59 on FH for the dgw 34. I had 21 players for both weeks. 130 pts for both dgws combinrd must be the worst score on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

98 with a -16. Of the five I brought in, Tadic's 6 points was the highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

any chance he could give smalling a rest once and for all.

I'd say it's almost certain now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

110(-4) on BB....very HEWT indeed.

Should be up to ~85K....first time inside Top 100K, spent most of the season between 200-400K.

Will also be 50ish points ahead in main money league...was getting a bit hairy there for the last couple of weeks but rivals had mares this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Despite having Jesus TC fail. I do think he was the best TC option of the season. Home games against Huddersfield and Brighton as the striker for a free scoring team. There was a slight chance going into the gw that he might be on the bench for one of the games but the fact he ended up getting nearly 2 full games means I have no regrets about using the TC chip on him. My dgw captains this year gw 22 Kane 3 pts, gw 34 Sanchez 2 pts, gw 37 Jesus TC 4 pts.
    I get your logic but don't fully agree.
    I think City best captain was Sané 'cause he was the most nailed on for 180 min. And as a mid he has the potential double (CS + goal) advantage.
    I had Kane (TC) and don't really regret it. Spurs had something to play for (while City didn't). These late big DGWs are very often about teams that have something at stake. You just need the educated guess and the luck to get the best performing players from them.
    Then, I think Aubam was a great captain shout considering Arsenal were out of EL and there was the Wenger "retirement" celebration. Arsenal were surely going to pull out the finger and everything goes thourgh the Gabonese in their attack.

The only little regret I can have is I half-called all this before but did not have the balls to look elsewhere than Kane "security".

My transfers were a disaster. Salah + Barnes + Gross -> Alli + J. Ayew + Arnie. Taking the -4 into account I gained "nothing" from them. It's ironical that I owned a big 3 upfront for a large part of the season but did not dare going for it for this DGW :p.

86 (-4) in the end. A little above average. Not good enough for an exciting finish to play for in the last GW.

I'd say it's almost certain now

He actually said so in same interview !

Hopefully Chris Hughton gives Tim Krul a run

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ShaneU wrote:
    Fly keeper for me

Playing the 'last man back' chip myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ummmm 61(-4). Not hot.

Dropped from 1.4k OR to 3.3k. Will lay the top 1k finish fantasy on the shelf anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I don't see why Hughton would give Krul a random start last game of the season when Ryan has been top notch for them all through the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

England cricketer Stuart Broad was the worldwide winner for this week with 180 points

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

101 points

Delighted to get a 3 digit score this season.

Up 110k to 250k

At least I'm having a decent end to a ****e season, and I can take satisfaction from my constant ability to end a season strongly. Will push for hitting 200k now if I can.

Looking forward to next season, after a break and the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

71 for the week with TC to go with 59 on FH for the dgw 34. I had 21 players for both weeks. 130 pts for both dgws combinrd must be the worst score on here.

Try 47 this week on TC and 47 in gw10 on FH!! BB in gw34 gave me 107 which was decent.

GW rank of 5.1m on tc, dropped from 44k to 83k and out of the money in several leagues, disaster of a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

paulie21 wrote: »
    England cricketer Stuart Broad was the worldwide winner for this week with 180 points

I'd imagine that'll be up there with the time he took 8-15 vs Australia!

It's pretty annoying really be a world class athlete or be top of a week in FPL don't both ffs that's not cool!

I don't see why Hughton would give Krul a random start last game of the season when Ryan has been top notch for them all through the campaign.

Cos it’s gw38 and he hasn’t given him a game all season since signing
    Don’t be suprised
    There are going to be random players starting for this and other silly reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

87 (-4) for me this week. Continued good progress and have moved from 860k to 280k over the past few gameweeks. Happy that my chips have had a good impact but these good moves all too late to be having any impact on private leagues.

iroced wrote: »
    I get your logic but don't fully agree.
    I think City best captain was Sané 'cause he was the most nailed on for 180 min. And as a mid he has the potential double (CS + goal) advantage.
    I had Kane (TC) and don't really regret it. Spurs had something to play for (while City didn't). These late big DGWs are very often about teams that have something at stake. You just need the educated guess and the luck to get the best performing players from them.
    Then, I think Aubam was a great captain shout considering Arsenal were out of EL and there was the Wenger "retirement" celebration. Arsenal were surely going to pull out the finger and everything goes thourgh the Gabonese in their attack.

The only little regret I can have is I half-called all this before but did not have the balls to look elsewhere than Kane "security".

My transfers were a disaster. Salah + Barnes + Gross -> Alli + J. Ayew + Arnie. Taking the -4 into account I gained "nothing" from them. It's ironical that I owned a big 3 upfront for a large part of the season but did not dare going for it for this DGW :p.

86 (-4) in the end. A little above average. Not good enough for an exciting finish to play for in the last GW.

I don't see how sane was the most nailed on for 180 mins. I would have said Jesus and kdb most likely to start both followed by sterling as there was an off chance of him starting up top over Jesus in the second game. Sane next as Bernardo Silva was always going to start one game for either sane or sterling. With Silva the riskiest pick due to his family issues and the fact he is over 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Don’t be suprised

I don't see it happening. Krul knew he'd be a back-up keeper when he signed so last match of the season shouldn't change things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭claw

80(-8), just the 118 points less that I got in Week 37 last year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don’t be suprised

I don't think he will play. Liverpool still have something to play for and Hughton strikes me as a man who will want to do the 'right' thing, which is field his strongest available XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

A relatively good, if weird week in the end. Ended on 94 with BB which certainly feels low for a DGW BB team. However, it appears to be relatively good given the other scores on here and around me in my ML.

However, it all felt a bit of a struggle, with only 1 goal, 2 CS and 4 assists (3 from Sane).

Its all worked out ok for me, as I built a lead of 60 in my ML (surely safe??) and am just 500 spots outside the top 10k, but it all felt a bit of a damp squib tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Disaster for me. Things haven't gone well since I played my wildcard ahead of the first dgw.

Bench boost was a flop that week and triple captain was a flop this week with Sterling.

Finished in 49 points for the week. And down from 187th in the world to 767.

Goal now is to finish in the top 1k. But was hoping for a stronger finish, overall it will still be a great season. I've wrapped up the work cash league which was the main goal so happy out.

Benimar wrote: »
    I don't think he will play. Liverpool still have something to play for and Hughton strikes me as a man who will want to do the 'right' thing, which is field his strongest available XI.

Actually you are right
    I forgot that Liverpool in theory still have some thing to play for
    If he was going to play Krul it would have been midweek

Benimar wrote: »

Actually you are right
    I forgot that Liverpool in theory still have some thing to play for
    If he was going to play Krul it would have been midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

AdpRo wrote: »
    Try 47 this week on TC and 47 in gw10 on FH!! BB in gw34 gave me 107 which was decent.

GW rank of 5.1m on tc, dropped from 44k to 83k and out of the money in several leagues, disaster of a week.
    Ouch :(. Put things into perspective. Who was your TC? Jesus? Had a similar TC disaster 2 years ago with Lukaku double blank...

I don't see how sane was the most nailed on for 180 mins. I would have said Jesus and kdb most likely to start both followed by sterling as there was an off chance of him starting up top over Jesus in the second game. Sane next as Bernardo Silva was always going to start one game for either sane or sterling. With Silva the riskiest pick due to his family issues and the fact he is over 30.
    Well, I thought Sané was the potentially most nailed on player for this double because he already had a full rest recently in GW35 (when I feckin' needed him :pac:). And I expected all kinds of crazy rotation from Guardiola. So giving a game to Nmecha and having Jesus just on for the last 20/30 min in one of the games was not something I found impossible. Then when we got to know just before the deadline that Guardiola planned to give some gametime to "all his squad", I found it even more plausible...

Now, since Jesus got 172 min, it's very unlucky for his owners and particularly his TCers to only return 4 pts. The only "comforting" thing is that the other most captained TC (Kane) failed too and only returned 4 more pts ;). And among the popular candidates Sterling did even worse. Sané & Aubam TCers the big winners obviously (don't remember how popular a pick they were though...).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Well I own Tim, that's reason enough for me.

Advertisement