Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bilbao Beers

• 09-05-2018 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Does anyone fancy meeting up for a few Saturday afternoon beers?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a decent spot. The OLSC guide is suggesting the Fanzone. The atmosphere might be good but the glasses may be a bit on the plastic side.

Comments

hobbit-day-Bilbos-drink.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

hobbit-day-Bilbos-drink.jpg

How did my wedding album get on the interweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I hate anyone posting on this thread. You're all going on my ignore list. Damn you. Damn you all to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

We were planning on hitting the fan zone but if there's something else happening we'll come along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭LostArt

Synode wrote: »
    We were planning on hitting the fan zone but if there's something else happening we'll come along

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I imagine I'll be in the fanzone. Might go to the Heildberg match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

errlloyd wrote: »
    I imagine I'll be in the fanzone. Might go to the Heildberg match though.

Isn't that on in Gaxto? My flight gets me in ridiculously early so I'm toying with the idea of renting a bike and doing some exploring in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I'm inclined to steer clear of the fanzone tbh.

You can drink Heineken anywhere. Would prefer to have some local brews while on a bit of a wander.

P_1 wrote: »
    Isn't that on in Gaxto? My flight gets me in ridiculously early so I'm toying with the idea of renting a bike and doing some exploring in the morning

Yeah, I think that's a half hour on the metro, but not certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

Is anyone going to the challenge cup final on Friday as well?
    Got 2 tickets as it will give a heads up on best bars near the stadium for Saturday :D
    But a boards beer meetup somewhere is great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Eponymous wrote: »

You can drink Heineken anywhere. Would prefer to have some local brews while on a bit of a wander.

Good local brews might be hard to come by in bars, as most bars will sell Amstel, Estrella, Daum, etc. If you fancy some bottles of local brews, check out
    La Catedral de la cerveza https://www.lacatedraldelacerveza.com/
    When I lived there, they had a great selection of local Basque beers. Casco Viejo (old town) will probably be hopping and you can get the Metro from there to San Mames closer to the game time.

Have a pintxo for those of us stuck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We're toying with the idea of going to the continental shield game at 12 on Sat.

We're road tripping from alicante tomorrow with an overnight in a town about 2 and a half hours from Bilbao.

Are many heading to the challenge cup?

Are many heading to the challenge cup?

Tbh, I am bit pissed off with how expensive Challenge Cup tickets are. Empty stadium in a city with thousands of fans, sure make it next to nothing. 35 euro is the cheapest available ticket now, which is more than you'd pay for a North South stand for Leinster v Munster in the RDS next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Bilboa Baggins Beers, sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bilboa Beers: it ain't last orders til it's last orders.

The weather isn't looking great at all

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This time next year, with the same forecast you'd be thinking " Jesus that's cracking weather for the final " :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

Tbh, I am bit pissed off with how expensive Challenge Cup tickets are. Empty stadium in a city with thousands of fans, sure make it next to nothing. 35 euro is the cheapest available ticket now, which is more than you'd pay for a North South stand for Leinster v Munster in the RDS next week.

Got 2 tickets for €35ea from a Wasps fan, they are decent seats but I guess it is a european final so not gonna be a giveaway

So who is going on Fri? We'll be the ones in leinster jerseys in block 113

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Does anyone fancy meeting up for a few Saturday afternoon beers?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a decent spot. The OLSC guide is suggesting the Fanzone. The atmosphere might be good but the glasses may be a bit on the plastic side.

I used to live around Bilbao and the best bar for the craic and to watch rugby is the Wicklow Arms

• Advertisement

Wicklow arms as a starting point then ladies and gents?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

hobie21 wrote: »
    I used to live around Bilbao and the best bar for the craic and to watch rugby is the Wicklow Arms

Is the Wicklow Arms not super tiny? The Molly Malone is around the corner from it in any case! What time are people planning on starting at on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Nabbed 2 for about 28e with booking fee there. Up in the Gods id say. Be interesting to see how full it is tbh..

Friend is over there since yesterday, said it's warm enough today and could be as hot as 25 degrees tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Eponymous wrote:

It's also not exactly what you'd call beside the stadium. Odd choice of location imo.
    Eponymous wrote:

Exactly. Which is why I never really saw the appeal of...
    hobie21 wrote:
    acer911 wrote:
    Is the Wicklow Arms not super tiny? The Molly Malone is around the corner from it in any case! What time are people planning on starting at on Saturday?

... going to a foreign country and heading straight to the nearest Irish bar.

We're heading for Diputazio Kalea and essentially doing a pintxo & wine crawl to the stadium. Cannae wait!

Anyone on the 5 55 aer lingus flight tomorrow morning?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Friend is over there since yesterday, said it's warm enough today and could be as hot as 25 degrees tomorrow.

It's to steadily get worse with temperatures dropping significantly and a fair bit of rain early on Saturday

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/bilbao

It's to steadily get worse with temperatures dropping significantly and a fair bit of rain early on Saturday

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/bilbao

Hopefully most of rain is before kick off! I know Bilbao being in the north gets a lot of rain but reading some of the articles out there you'd swear Irish people weren't used to a bit of rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

P_1 wrote: »
    Anyone on the 5 55 aer lingus flight tomorrow morning?

The pilot hopefully...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Eod100 wrote: »
    Hopefully most of rain is before kick off! I know Bilbao being in the north gets a lot of rain but reading some of the articles out there you'd swear Irish people weren't used to a bit of rain!
    There'll be showers around kickoff apparently, but I don't think they'll be anything major. Quite chilly though at 11º and a 22km wind.

Advertisement