Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Checking the register - am I actually registered?

• 08-05-2018 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

450269.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yes. The edited register allows private companies to use your details for marketing purposes.

Edit: actually maybe not. I think you should be on the Supplementary register. I'm sure someone else can clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I thought this was about a different register!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ariele

Hi all,
    Just realise my vote is at my old address,can someone advise if I fill out the change of address form and get it signed by a Garda today,wher do I submit this form and am I too late ? (with today being the last day for registering to vote)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ariele wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just realise my vote is at my old address,can someone advise if I fill out the change of address form and get it signed by a Garda today,wher do I submit this form and am I too late with today being the last day for t his rating to vote.
    Thanks

If it isn't too inconvenient, you can still vote on the registration based on your old address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

it would appear you are registered

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Presidential allow you to vote in ALL elections. Presidential, Referendum, EU, National, and Local.

You are registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cribbe

Hi all,

I just filled out the RFA2 form today and had it stamped at my local garda station. My county coucil office closed before I finished work. Can someone advised if I should drop it in the letter box at the office, or hand it in in person tomorrow? I forgot today was the last day to register.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

cribbe wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just filled out the RFA2 form today and had it stamped at my local garda station. My county coucil office closed before I finished work. Can someone advised if I should drop it in the letter box at the office, or hand it in in person tomorrow? I forgot today was the last day to register.
    Thanks

Close of business today was d day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

cribbe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

Drop it into their letter box. Chances are you're doneso because COB today was the deadline. But the odd one can slip through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Hi, i just have a general query.

Ive requested to change my address a couple weeks back on the register, it hasnt happened yet, i was checking on line and it says i can still vote as long as bring id as i wont be able to retrieve the voting card from my old place.

My question is do i have to go to where im still technically registered to vote or can i vote in my new locality?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I too have a general query.
    My OH was taken off the register at her home (family home) address, so she went to reregister at our address. Filled in, signed and witness by the gardai and posted off to DCC.

However, it seems that our apartment is in Fingal despite the address being Santry and Santry being Dublin City Council. Not sure if she’ll be put on the register or not! Does anyone know if they'd still put her on?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Hi, i just have a general query.

My question is do i have to go to where im still technically registered to vote or can i vote in my new locality?

Thanks

You’ll have to go to the polling station you’re allocated where you’re officially registered as you won’t appear on the register / lists they have anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Does anybody know how I go about changing to married name on electoral register?
    Looks like that was the original question here, but has since been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: I suggest contacting the relevant public body. Locked.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement