Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best value Bin service provider in Waterford city

Options
  • 03-05-2018 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

I am with kollect as a pay as you go customer. but they recently introduced 25 euro yearly administration fee. also increased 1 euro each for General bin and Recycling.

Is there any other providers cheaper than Kollect?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Think it's depends on the frequency regarding the amount of times you'd put your bin out. Would you place your black and green bin out every fortnight, or were you using kollect because it's infrequent and pay as you go?

For me, quality recycling seem to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

You could self-drop the bins at Panda/Greenstar, Six Cross Roads Business Park

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No way?. What's that about, I found Kollect great to deal with, I'm not with them but I used then for an extra bin lift when I was renovatting.

Also ordered a couch to be tagged away, great service.

I'm with wastepal 27euro monthly dd for bi weekly normal size bin lift. Usually a great service but they missed my bin today, the was a wedding and the were cars abandoned all around the estate, they mustn't have seen my bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

I am with Kollect and find them excellent. Needed other stuff dumped ie old furniture. Good value and couldn't have been more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is the 25 euro admin fee for the non pay per lift subscribers?

I have noticed that they are now only doing a refuse lift every 2nd week and recycling the same, I hope they don't become "mean" and start introducing other fees. Because I have been with them for a few years on the pay as u lift scheme and its been faultless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Emz87

Oxigen have one of the best services around. Most people don't know they are the cheapest bin service in Waterford and will really take the time to make sure you are on the best plan for you. They also do a junk removal service =) give them a call and you won't be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Emz87 wrote: »
    Oxigen have one of the best services around. Most people don't know they are the cheapest bin service in Waterford and will really take the time to make sure you are on the best plan for you. They also do a junk removal service =) give them a call and you won't be disappointed

Hope the commission is good there

lassykk wrote: »
    Hope the commission is good there

No commission for me I'm afraid. Just a bit of pride in where I work is all =)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

is the 25 euro admin fee for the non pay per lift subscribers?

I have noticed that they are now only doing a refuse lift every 2nd week and recycling the same, I hope they don't become "mean" and start introducing other fees. Because I have been with them for a few years on the pay as u lift scheme and its been faultless.

25 euro yearly admin fee is for pay per lift customers. they also increase 1 euro for general and recycling waste. finally cut down the frequency of collection. All these happen in matter of weeks time.

Can you tell me how much they charge?. just don't want to call them and get disappointed if the rates are no better than kollect.

• Advertisement

eLrZL7M.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kollect havent reduced the frequency of their service, they are still collecting the waste bin every second week along with the organic bin and the recycle bin every other week then, so in a typical month, week 1 Recycle, week 2 Organic on Monday in my case and Waste on Wednesday, Week 3 Recycle and week 4 Organic and Waste again and so on. I am on the €25 per month plan with no other charges. I pay via monthly DD. There service is a bit hit an miss at times in relation to them occasionally missing the organic collection, but a simple call to them and its sorted. They have recently changed their collection days ok, as they are aware that so of their collections are going to late into the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm paying less for Green Star, 27euro per month, no weight limit and 3 bins fortnightly service, green and brown one week, black the next week.

Oxigen offer a standard charge service of 3 240 bins with collections every second week for €24.50 on direct debit =) of course we do have other plans available depending on the customers needs.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    25 euro yearly admin fee is for pay per lift customers. they also increase 1 euro for general and recycling waste. finally cut down the frequency of collection. All these happen in matter of weeks time.

Hi,
    I see no 25 euro admin fee on their website. I have never been charged a 25 euro admin fee. Can you show me where this is? Thanks.
    Also, that increase of 1 euro was to take the place of the 1 euro fee they imposed for use of a debit/credit card.

Hi,
    I see no 25 euro admin fee on their website. I have never been charged a 25 euro admin fee. Can you show me where this is? Thanks.
    Also, that increase of 1 euro was to take the place of the 1 euro fee they imposed for use of a debit/credit card.

They rang me and collected the charge. They told its is for everyone sooner or later.

Thanks

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    They rang me and collected the charge. They told its is for everyone sooner or later.

Thanks

got a missed call from them today. unbelievable. wtf admin charges are there for pay per lift.

They are very cheeky. introduced euro 25 for pay as you customer and increased the price per lift as well. so for a customer who puts out 1 general bin and 1 recycle bin in a month.

Kollect - 13+7+ (25/12) = 22.08 +buy own bins

Oxigen - 240L Waste and Recycle - Waterford - 26 lifts . euro 147 for 6 months .which means 147/6 = 24.5 per month.

I can see Kollect is loosing their competitive edge over providers

Just a heads up Oxigen have reintroduced a limited time special offer. Lowest prices in Waterford by far. Definitely lower than anything quoted here. =) I am happy to give details to anyone interested if you pm me or the girls at waterford@oxigen.ie =)

Just a heads up Oxigen have reintroduced a limited time special offer. Lowest prices in Waterford by far. Definitely lower than anything quoted here. =) I am happy to give details to anyone interested if you pm me or the girls at waterford@oxigen.ie =)

Can you give the details through pm?. i would prefer not to discuss it over phone.

• Advertisement

Called Kollect office to be told that on the 2nd anniversary of joining, in July, I'll be charged €25 annual admin fee - because "it's not fair some customers pay it while others don't".

Need to rethink the whole bin service thingy

beazee wrote: »
    Called Kollect office to be told that on the 2nd anniversary of joining, in July, I'll be charged €25 annual admin fee - because "it's not fair some customers pay it while others don't".

Need to rethink the whole bin service thingy

They made a whole mess with this euro 25. I have a friend and neighbor who joined them around same time with me but they never got charged. so not sure what is their policy

Also it makes them not cheaper anymore. there are other options in market matching with them more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

I pleased with Oxigen, as much as anybody can be with a bin company. They are good at communicating if they have a problem in a particular day and always give a replacement day. Doesn't happen too often though thankfully.

Advertisement