Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Jeremy Clarkson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wife went a bit overboard on the fake tan for the occasion :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hive mind ?
    Never heard that before..

:eek::eek::eek:

You were saying????

Jaysus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone will probably go through the questions of this revival and compare them with 20 years ago and the number of correct answers to see if people are getting more stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Jaysus, thought everyone knew where Nike name came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Janey ! Dropping like flies

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah come on, it had to be Nike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

OMG??? That was really unlucky to go out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I wouldn’t have got Nike either. Tough enough question for that level.

Kuva wrote: »
    Jaysus, thought everyone knew where Nike name came from.

And Umbro sure didn't sound Greek

Someone will probably go through the questions of this revival and compare them with 20 years ago and the number of correct answers to see if people are getting more stupid.
    I think maybe they probably should!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought nike was fairly well known.

I would not have known the vitamin B question, she did not seem to know herself so was confused why she went for it. -but she had used the 50/50. I would not have trusted the audience and maybe she knew her phone a friend was unlikely to know.

I think this lot were way too hasty . Jumping at answers

Old-style Millionaire (celebrity couples, I've seen it before unfortunately) on Challenge now, if anyone wants to compare presenting styles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Something that stood out about the previous era was just how very white it was, there were hardly more than a handful of Asian or Black contestants for whatever reason so will that change at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I thought that was very entertaining to be fair. Some of those early questions were far too difficult or maybe I'm just getting dumber.

Clarkson did well I thought. I like that he was taking the piss out of the contestants and not just aping Chris Tarrant's style of presenting.

• Advertisement

Something that stood out about the previous era was just how very white it was, there were hardly more than a handful of Asian or Black contestants for whatever reason so will that change at all.

I'll take a guess that the contestants for Fastest Finger First are picked at random from the show's production team before they're allowed permission to go on the set. It is far less of a workload this time as they are only 6 seats filled for that round instead of 10. It saves a good bit of money for the production team & ITV to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well I was shouting answers at the screen, so in my eyes the show is good and it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I enjoyed it. Questions seemed a little bit harder at the lower values. Contestants were rubbish though.. I liked Clarkson. Good to have it for the week anyway...

TV3 continuity announcer said that it's live - I guess it's not though?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Clarkson done ok but I think he should not be taking the piss out of the contestants and he should be nicer to them. This is not TG it is a game show. I do think the first contestant was very unlucky with questions he got but your one was silly not to use some of her lifelines and should not have guessed if she was not 100 percent sure of the answer. She was doing good up to that point. When is the next episode on is it every Saturday?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I thought Clarkson was being a bit of a prick. Trying to seem clever.

He took the piss out of the first lad's general knowledge and when he was asked he had a relatively unconvincing argument

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Welcome to 2018

The show is not broadcast live. It was definitely pre-recorded in studio weeks before it's broadcast on ITV/UTV & TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

He took the piss out of the first lad's general knowledge and when he was asked he had a relatively unconvincing argument

I was watching it on record and I have to agree Clarkson did take the p out of the first contestant far too much and came across as a prick. I suppose that's Clarkson's personality he's just a prick. It becomes cringe then though and that's not good. Overall I like the show though it's the concept that's great no matter what asshat hosts it it's a good show. I'd like to see Chris Tarrant or Gaybo host it again but unfortunately that isn't going to happen so this is what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Putting his own twist on it, it's Clarkson. No point in trying to be Tarrant. But it's 2018 and all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Never liked Clarkson but I think he's been a super addition

Really enjoyed it! I'm surprised they've gone back to the 5 questions pre £1000 though and they're definitely tougher than before

Probably trying to give out as little money as possible :D

Advertisement