Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 37 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's weird if it was mid season I'd probably bank. Instead I want to get one of Jesus or Kane in. Rival behind me will likely have Kane captained so it would make sense but if this was mid season I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole until he showed a bit more. I honestly don't expect a huge improvement from him but should I be dull and defensive I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just wait a couple of days re Arsenal.

I don’t think they’ll be involved in the final but you can make your decisions after the second leg either way.
    Yeah and if it were not for this crazy year we're experiencing in the European return legs I'd dare saying they have no chance at the Wanda Metropolitano.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

F*** it! Let's go mental and take a hit of -8.

Lukaku > Jesus
    Vardy > Ayew
    Milivojevic > Eriksen

Team is now :

DDG (3.9m waster/Coleman)
    Morgan | Otamendi | Naughton (Robertson | Lowton)
    Salah | Sterling (Potential TC) | Eriksen | Lingard (Kenedy)
    Ayew | Kane (Potential TC) | Jesus (Potential TC)

All DGW players apart from Salah and the two benched defenders. Next decision now is to figure out who's going to let me down as TC.

Kane will play both games, but he hasn't been so trustworthy in front of goal lately.
    Jesus and Sterling have nicer fixtures (both at home) but are far more of a rotation risk. I expect the likes of Foden (and maybe Diaz) to get some minutes in those matches, along with a start from Bernardo Silve (but for who, Leroy or Raheem).

Or I could TC Ayew for the craic. :pac: :pac:

km79 wrote: »
    Id have kept Rashford

I’m considering bringing him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sure is a lot of considering going on in here this week.

The considering is through the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Did Lukaku to Jesus last night before the price change. I'd love to shift Christy and Willian but I'm only 8 points behind the leader of my ML, so every point feels precious. I may have to roll with what I have now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sterling and Jesus in. Mahrez and Lukaku out. Now just to pick the tc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any opinions on my self-created conundrum of Ayew vs. Austin ??

Swansea seem to have tightened up lately and Southampton's new manager bounce seems slightly more dynamic at the minute (?)...I'm leaning towards Austin right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Any opinions on my self-created conundrum of Ayew vs. Austin ??

Swansea seem to have tightened up lately and Southampton's new manager bounce seems slightly more dynamic at the minute (?)...I'm leaning towards Austin right now
    Both decent options, Ayew likelier to get more minutes and has better fixtures. Austin hasn't played 180 minutes in a week in about 5 years at this stage

Cartman78 wrote:

Swansea fixture are better than Southamptons. I'd be inclined to lean towards them.

• Advertisement

I'm pondering a - 4.

Barnes to J Ayew
    Gudmundsen to his namesake Gundogan.

And then,

For an additional -4 I could do...

Willian > Ramsey.
    Or
    Son to Pogba.

Rationale for Ramsey is the arsenals fixtures - 2 at home where they are very solid and 1 away @ leic who are on the beach, but will he even play all 3. Won't do this transfer if they progress to EL final.

Or Pogba as I have no united cover, united have excellent fixtures and my ML rival has him.

Any thoughts, ponderings or musings appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

I am 2nd in my money league, a long way clear of 3rd. 26 points behind leader, I have Triple Captain, he doesn't.

Our defenders/ GK are identical teams apart from his double UTD vs my UTD/Southampton

His Salah/Eriksen/Sterling vs my Salah/Willian/Dilva/

Both have Kane & Vardy.

First thought was to gamble big and ditch Kane and bring in De Bruyne and either Alli or Sane for a -8. TC De Bruyne and hope for the best

Otherwise Vardy -> Jordan Ayew and one midfield transfer for a -4.

Short Version: What gives me the best chance of reeling in a ~30 point lead?

radharc wrote:
    Short Version: What gives me the best chance of reeling in a ~30 point lead?

Assuming he has Kane captain for the double you could TC and hope Kane scores well, and then a deferential like Jesus to his Vardy closes the gap further.

Id be worried about him having sterling and you not having him though.

Any way of doing Dilva to sterling and Vardy to jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

Is Gundogan a decent shout for the DGW?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

COH wrote: »
    Is Gundogan a decent shout for the DGW?

Yeah, I'd say he is....if you're looking for a cheap way into the City midfield. Sterling & De Bruyne are better options of course, but that's why their almost twice the price.

Fernandinho too is another cheap City midfield option. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Clyne must be a possibility for pool now,no taa or gomez or robbo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Clyne must be a possibility for pool now,no taa or gomez or robbo

Why not ?

Assuming he has Kane captain for the double you could TC and hope Kane scores well, and then a deferential like Jesus to his Vardy closes the gap further.

Id be worried about him having sterling and you not having him though.

Any way of doing Dilva to sterling and Vardy to jesus.

Would love to have Sterling but I think to reel back 30 points I need to gamble a little, no point having a similar but slightly inferior team to him. Best case I'm counting TC as an extra 10 points, still leaves me 20 behind him.

Thanks for the feedback, now to have a big think about Jesus.

I'm pondering a - 4.

Barnes to J Ayew
    Gudmundsen to his namesake Gundogan.

And then,

For an additional -4 I could do...

Willian > Ramsey.
    Or
    Son to Pogba.

Rationale for Ramsey is the arsenals fixtures - 2 at home where they are very solid and 1 away @ leic who are on the beach, but will he even play all 3. Won't do this transfer if they progress to EL final.

Or Pogba as I have no united cover, united have excellent fixtures and my ML rival has him.

Any thoughts, ponderings or musings appreciated.

Like the Pogba call, he is scoring well. Alli could be an option if funds allow, think he is on the way up and Son's form is tailing off. Probably moving Willian on myself but anytime I've seen him recently he is playing well and looking like a big score is coming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Are Danilo and Laporte likely to get their game at the weekend, how serious is Walker amd Kompanys injuries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Anyone thinking about bringing in Mkhitaryan? His "Injury" is more of a precaution and he will need gametime to get back upto speed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I got Jesus in for Lukaku for free.

Will decide tomorrow if I want to take any hits.

I could get Sane in for Willian, another spurs mid for Salah... I'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 EarlSlick

Gonna take a hit and bring in one of the following:

Eriksen
    Ali
    Arnie

Who would you choose? My main competitor has Eriksen and is 2 points ahead of me

Also - is Kenedy eligible to face Chelsea in GW38? If not i'm offloading

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

EarlSlick wrote: »
    Gonna take a hit and bring in one of the following:

Eriksen
    Ali
    Arnie

Who would you choose? My main competitor has Eriksen and is 2 points ahead of me

Also - is Kenedy eligible to face Chelsea in GW38? If not i'm offloading

Arnie on the double with Andy Carroll out of favour is your points maker, Eriksen would just be a blocker.

Kennedy will not play against his parent club, sameway Hart didn't play against City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Torn between Eriksen and Alli. Consistency vs. Form. Alli possibly more likely to hit a bigger score.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Torn between Eriksen and Alli. Consistency vs. Form. Alli possibly more likely to hit a bigger score.

I had the same conundrum. I went for the safe option in Eriksen, so Alli's now guaranteed to hit a big score! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

I need to bring in a cheap Swansea midfielder as an enabler. King or Carroll?

T-b0n3 wrote:
    I could get Sane in for Willian, another spurs mid for Salah... I'll see.

As a man fighting for a 3 figure finish, how much of a points hit are you prepared to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Are many of your lovely dears sticking with Lukaku?

I'm debating whether or to drop him for Jesus but at the same time I'm debating whether or not to hold onto Salah.

• Advertisement

carnie wrote:
    Are many of your lovely dears sticking with Lukaku?

He will be luvky to make it back for gw38, get rid asap.

Advertisement