Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

in my head i'm just afraid to try anything with sucralose. horrible memories of the tea my nana used to make me when i was a kid. i don't know how it's conceivable to put that stuff in ejuice but maybe i just need the right concentration.

i use EM all the time. don't think i ever went over 1% but it doesn't add the brick and mortar sweetness at all. might try some sucra, em and some marshmallow. i bought that dark arts marshmallow months ago and it isn't even opened...

getting really sick of all the cream / custard / bakery stuff which is understandable since it's all i've tasted all day every day for the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,
    Where is the cheapest place to buy large quantities of eliquid nicotine?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

So, it had to happen - I've just used up the last of my stash of pre-TPD nic. No more 72mg nic for me....

What are my options for nicotine now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

j26m wrote:
    What are my options for nicotine now?

As above, nicotineuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

As above, nicotineuk

That site says business to business only.

Does it sell to individuals?

Yes. I just got a 1000ml Friday. I use parcel motel and have it shipped to their Antrim depot. That way it never hits Irish customs. ;)

j26m wrote:
    Does it sell to individuals?

Yeah register with Parcel Motel and when you register with nicotineuk use your parcel motel account number as the company name. Purchase the EU manufactured nic, cheaper and no noticeable difference in quality.

This thread has been pretty quiet lately.

So Im moving abroad for a few years and want to start making my own juice as where Im going juice may not be readily available.

I currently buy all my juice and nic from Juciyvapes

I'm going to get a 1000ml bottle of nic. from nicotineuk.

I've got 120ml bottles and 50ml bottles from fasttech.

What other stuff should I be looking to buy to keep me going for 2 or 3 years?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

iba wrote: »
    This thread has been pretty quiet lately.

So Im moving abroad for a few years and want to start making my own juice as where Im going juice may not be readily available.

I currently buy all my juice and nic from Juciyvapes

I'm going to get a 1000ml bottle of nic. from nicotineuk.

I've got 120ml bottles and 50ml bottles from fasttech.

What other stuff should I be looking to buy to keep me going for 2 or 3 years?

Thanks

I presume you will be able to get VG where you're headed? That would be the killer if not, as it's the heaviest ingredient, you'd never be able to carry a couple years supply.

Apart from concentrates, coil and wicking materials, the nic and bottles are the most important I guess. Buy some 90ml bottles of your most used concentrates, they'll last you a very long time

• Advertisement

I presume you will be able to get VG where you're headed? That would be the killer if not, as it's the heaviest ingredient, you'd never be able to carry a couple years supply.

Apart from concentrates, coil and wicking materials, the nic and bottles are the most important I guess. Buy some 90ml bottles of your most used concentrates, they'll last you a very long time

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I ordered the one litre bottle of VG. Where should I get concentrates from?
    Thanks

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/ is one of the best places for value. If you stick to TFA and Dark Arts [basically FlavorArt re-labelled] you get 35% off using the code 'Supercode' - even with the pricey UK shipping it works out a lot better than most other places.

Could have used that code last week...

Hey cagey. Any tips on watermelon? I've CAP double watermelon but haven't got many good ideas from the combinations on ELR. Something about adding mint to it seems so alien but I guess I won't know if I try. I just really don't want to...

I prefer to use watermelon in a fruity mix, refreshing without being 'cool' or minty, in fact I rarely ever mix any menthols. I don't get why so many mixers add koolada or menthol to water melon tbh.

Something like this is more my cuppa: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2129260/Melonade

I've not tried the Capella double watermelon, I've only used the TFA one.

Can you taste the watermelon in that? I really want to go with that being the main flavour. I didn't think of using strawberry. It's hard to get a balanced watermelon. Dragonfruit helps but it's still not there

chipfox wrote: »
    Can you taste the watermelon in that? I really want to go with that being the main flavour. I didn't think of using strawberry. It's hard to get a balanced watermelon. Dragonfruit helps but it's still not there

You put watermelon in any mix and you taste it. That was just an example of how I like it, if you want the watermelon nice and juicy and strong just up the % of it and use less of other fruits. Strawberry works really nice with it, makes it sweeter, and Cactus is great for making it that bit more juicy. Lime also works well.

On the spot, for a nice juicy water melon as main mix, I might go something like

Double Watermelon 5%
    Strawberry ripe 6% [as it is pretty weak, but for me adds a nice candy floss type sweetening]
    Juicy peach 2%
    Cactus 1%

I know that would be pretty decent, might even make it myself

Looking into it, seems TFA watermelon is stronger, it definitely has no trouble shining in a mix for me

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Hey guys, I'm almost out of VG and PG not far behind - where is everyone buying their stuff? I threw a small bottle on to my last Chefs Flavours order but it's very pricey and only available in 250ml and 500ml. I'd like to get at least 5 litres of VG to last a good while.

Phill_M wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm almost out of VG and PG not far behind - where is everyone buying their stuff? I threw a small bottle on to my last Chefs Flavours order but it's very pricey and only available in 250ml and 500ml. I'd like to get at least 5 litres of VG to last a good while.

I get everything from here and use Parcel Motel for delivery.

https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product/vegetable-glycerine/

I get everything from here and use Parcel Motel for delivery.

https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product/vegetable-glycerine/

Thanks! I completely forgot that company existed, though never bought from them before. I'll either go with these guys or Darkstar by the looks of it, though I need batteries too so your suggestion would kill two birds with one stone.

Is the delivery expensive? That's part of why I was looking for suggestions. I last ordered from Darkstar around a year ago and delivery was around £7 sterling plus €3.85 for DPD Parcel Wizard. Works out as 12 euro in total, shame there's nowhere local I know of to get the stuff.

Phill_M wrote:
    Thanks! I completely forgot that company existed, though never bought from them before. I'll either go with these guys or Darkstar by the looks of it, though I need batteries too so your suggestion would kill two birds with one stone.

I think parcel motel fees for delivery here are about the same, flavour boss will depend on weight, use the code POTV5 for a 5 per cent discount which will alleviate the delivery fees a small bit.
    For batteries I use only Fogstar, genuine products, excellent service and they also have a discount code, POTV15 for 15 per cent off, free UK shipping over a certain amount so you could use Address Pal or Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement

Thanks I'll look into that too, only used thebestshop.eu and local shops for batteries in the past.

When ordering from Darkstar I just opt for standard delivery straight to my door, I don't bother using AddressPal for it anymore as it takes much longer and is barely any cheaper. I just made an order today, postage was £8.99, but I saved that using the 'SUPERCODE' as I was buying only TFA and Dark Art concentrates along with some VG - all of which are already a LOT cheaper than buying over here.

Interesting, that's a great price for FA stuff. I didn't know that's what Dark Art concentrates were. Chefs Flavours also has a relabelled FA range that I've gotten a few things from in the past. I think I'll have to fill a couple of baskets and compare the results to see what works out best. Thanks for the code.

Dunno if you guys have heard about Vape Train Australia concentrates lately? I've only heard good things, everyone's been raving about them so they were prob the next new flavours I was gonna pick up, but it's always handy to have some FA around for lower percentage mixes.

Phill_M wrote: »
    Interesting, that's a great price for FA stuff. I didn't know that's what Dark Art concentrates were. Chefs Flavours also has a relabelled FA range that I've gotten a few things from in the past. I think I'll have to fill a couple of baskets and compare the results to see what works out best. Thanks for the code.

Dunno if you guys have heard about Vape Train Australia concentrates lately? I've only heard good things, everyone's been raving about them so they were prob the next new flavours I was gonna pick up, but it's always handy to have some FA around for lower percentage mixes.

Not heard of them, will have to have a peek! I can't remember why I never ordered from chef's. I remember trying a couple of times but met some issues when trying to check out, it's been a while, probably all different now? I've rarely had any issues with Darkstar, there's always codes, they're very good quality and when things do go wrong they will make up for it. I had a bottle of nic from them with a dodgy child-proof cap, I basically had to drill a hole through the top and de-cant the nic into other bottles because it would not open. They sent out a fresh bottle free of charge, allowing me keep the original one, another time they sent the wrong concentrate in a pack so they sent out 90ml of it in place of the original 30ml I'd ordered.

Not heard of them, will have to have a peek! I can't remember why I never ordered from chef's. I remember trying a couple of times but met some issues when trying to check out, it's been a while, probably all different now? I've rarely had any issues with Darkstar, there's always codes, they're very good quality and when things do go wrong they will make up for it. I had a bottle of nic from them with a dodgy child-proof cap, I basically had to drill a hole through the top and de-cant the nic into other bottles because it would not open. They sent out a fresh bottle free of charge, allowing me keep the original one, another time they sent the wrong concentrate in a pack so they sent out 90ml of it in place of the original 30ml I'd ordered.
    Chefs have a great selection and the staff are brilliant. Frequent discount codes and giveaways too if you're part of their Facebook group. The website is still bad though, especially when busy. They're working on a new one so you might want to wait for that.

Had a similar experience with Darkstar. I got a call from DPD saying there was a broken glass bottle in my package which had to be removed, and I got the rest of my order repackaged cover in liquid. Turns out it was 500ml of PG nic, and also my litre of VG had leaked a tiny bit. They sent out replacement nic, 250ml of VG and covered postage. They didn't pack the glass too well again though so I wouldn't order that again from them. Luckily I'm vaping 1.5mg and moving down every few months so the nic I have left would more than last until I'm on 0mg (hopefully) successfully.

Hmm, broken bottle of nic isn't something to mess about with, they should know better. That should be well padded in the box.

I made an order thurs eve on DS, apparently I get a free bottle shot worth £14 [a new strawberries and cream, no choice] for ordering over £25 worth, a promotion they were running to cheer people up after England crashed out of the WC [I was perfectly happy already :D ]

Orders had to be made before yesterday I think, would have posted it here had I known

Hi,

Sorry when you referred to VG I thought you were talking about nicotine VG. I now understand that you were not.

So where can I buy this VG please in Ireland or online (EU/UK) please and thank you.

Cheers

Hi,

Is this post for me? If so I'm getting very confused.

I already bought one litre of EU nic from this company.

https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk/product/1ltreunicotine

What I understand now is that I should buy PG and VG from for example Darth Star eg:

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg/vegetable-glycerine

I'm sorry, I just don't understand what I'm meant to get now, if somone could set out in simple language what I should get I'd be grateful please.

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Is this post for me? If so I'm getting very confused.

I already bought one litre of EU nic from this company.

https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk/product/1ltreunicotine

What I understand now is that I should buy PG and VG from for example Darth Star eg:

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg/vegetable-glycerine

I'm sorry, I just don't understand what I'm meant to get now, if somone could set out in simple language what I should get I'd be grateful please.

If you already bought a litre of nic then you only need a base. You can buy ready made base with varying mixes from darkstar. That's it!

Advertisement