Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Ulster, Sat 28th April, 5:35pm; TG4/BBCNI/Sky

• 27-04-2018 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    Stephen Fitzgerald; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Darren Sweetnam; JJ Hanrahan, Duncan Williams;
    James Cronin, Mike Sherry (C), Brian Scott; Gerbrandt Grobler, Darren O’Shea; Dave O’Callaghan, Conor Oliver, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Jean Kleyn, Jack O’Donoghue, James Hart, Bill Johnston, Shane Daly.

Ulster Rugby team to play Munster, Saturday 28th April at Thomond Park, kick-off 5.35pm:
    (15-9): L Ludik; C Gilroy, L Marshall, S McCloskey, J Stockdale, J McPhillips, D Shanahan;
    (1-8): C Black, R Best (captain), R Kane, A O'Connor, I Henderson, C Ross, S Reidy, N Timoney;
    Replacements (16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, T O'Toole, K Treadwell, C Henry, P Marshall, A Curtis, T Bowe.

Munster have nothing to play bar pride with second place a home quarter final semi-final qualifier secured following two victories in South Africa. The much changed lineup sees Duncan Williams return from injury at 9 and Mike Sherry captaining the team in his 100th appearance. Centre Shane Daly could make his debut off the bench.

Ulster are travelling without John Cooney (concussion) and Charles Piutau (family reasons) who were unavailable. Given Ulster's recent form and Munster's changed lineup I make them favourites despite the bookmakers believing otherwise. Only a victory will do for Ulster and they may need other results to go their way in order for make the playoffs.

Who will win? 22 votes

Munster
    0%
    Ulster
    59%
    SickBoyTrojankenmcbudhabobMJohnstonBBDBBroundymacfoxyladyxxLarbre34porker36colmokeeffeJump_In_JackElvisjuice 13 votes
    BOD
    40%
    joseywhalesBrewstersydthebeatDel.Montebilstonlaunish116zambrotta11FaugheenDubinusa 9 votes

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Munster:
    Stephen Fitzgerald; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Darren Sweetnam; JJ Hanrahan, Duncan Williams;
    James Cronin, Mike Sherry (C), Brian Scott; Gerbrandt Grobler, Darren O’Shea; Dave O’Callaghan, Conor Oliver, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Jean Kleyn, Jack O’Donoghue, James Hart, Bill Johnston, Shane Daly.

Ulster Rugby team to play Munster, Saturday 28th April at Thomond Park, kick-off 5.35pm:
    (15-9): L Ludik; C Gilroy, L Marshall, S McCloskey, J Stockdale, J McPhillips, D Shanahan;
    (1-8): C Black, R Best (captain), R Kane, A O'Connor, I Henderson, C Ross, S Reidy, N Timoney;
    Replacements (16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, T O'Toole, K Treadwell, C Henry, P Marshall, A Curtis, T Bowe.

Munster have nothing to play bar pride with second place a home quarter final semi-final qualifier secured following two victories in South Africa. The much changed lineup sees Duncan Williams return from injury at 9 and Mike Sherry captaining the team in his 100th appearance. Centre Shane Daly could make his debut off the bench.

Ulster are travelling without John Cooney (concussion) and Charles Piutau (family reasons) who were unavailable. Given Ulster's recent form and Munster's changed lineup I make them favourites despite the bookmakers believing otherwise. Only a victory will do for Ulster and they may need other results to go their way in order for make the playoffs.
    Needs to be a bonus point victory.

4 points no good for Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The bookies can't seperate them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ulster
    If Munster were in Ulster's critical situation, Piatau would be made play and family reasons be fecked. That boy has had one foot out the Kingspan door for weeks already and its symptomatic of the rudderless situation in Ulster since last year.

Munster by 5 based on home advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭bilston

BOD
    An entire Ulster 23 of Irish qualified players. What a time to be alive.

Ulster
    bilston wrote: »

Some of 'em are even likely to play to for Ireland. Hear on the grapevine this Stackdool kid is making a name for himself in training.

• Advertisement

BOD
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    If Munster were in Ulster's critical situation, Piatau would be made play and family reasons be fecked. That boy has had one foot out the Kingspan door for weeks already and its symptomatic of the rudderless situation in Ulster since last year.

Munster by 5 based on home advantage.

Depends on the family reasons. I don't know what they are but I assume they serious for him to miss his second last Ulster game.

BOD
    bilston wrote: »

Some of 'em are even likely to play to for Ireland. Hear on the grapevine this Stackdool kid is making a name for himself in training.

He's promising but he has a big mouth of him. He had the cheek to criticise the untouchable God of Irish rugby. I can't see him ever being picked for Ireland in the future with an attitude like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Munster were in Ulster's critical situation, Piatau would be made play and family reasons be fecked.

Yes, because a rugby match is much more important than a personal emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

BOD
    Great to see Daly on the bench. I think he has a promising future.
    Cave buried again? He really must be an ass. He's Ulsters best 13 and he's banished again.
    Mike Sherry finally getting to 100. He really has had a rough go with his injuries.
    Loughman needs a big game, probably playing for a contract.
    Think it will be a cracker. Lots of Munsters youth and a desperate Ulster.

Ulster
    Buer wrote: »
    Yes, because a rugby match is much more important than a personal emergency.

Smacks of Stephen Ireland's undead Granny to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

And you know exactly what this family emergency is or are you just throwing out your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Ulster
    C'mon Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭durthacht

Stephen Ireland missed that match for the football team because his partner suffered a miscarriage. That is a genuine family tragedy and to sneer at tragedies from a position of ignorance is despicable.

Ulster
    durthacht wrote: »
    Stephen Ireland missed that match for the football team because his partner suffered a miscarriage. That is a genuine family tragedy and to sneer at tragedies from a position of ignorance is despicable.

Good on ya Captain M. HighGround.

Im referring to the spoof and BS generated around that story, people would just as soon know the truth.

Dont you dare presume to twist something I said into something I didnt just so you can have your outrage orgasm for the day. Self righteous eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Buer

[quote;Larbre34]
    Dont you dare presume to twist something I said into something I didnt just so you can have your outrage orgasm for the day. Self righteous eejit.[/quote]

Yet it's completely acceptable for you to presume and twist in relation to Piutau's absence?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Im referring to the spoof and BS generated around that story, people would just as soon know the truth.

Dont you dare presume to twist something I said into something I didnt just so you can have your outrage orgasm for the day. Self righteous eejit.

“Don’t you dare” and accusations of “outrage orgasms” in the one sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭durthacht

So you go from sneering at genuine personal tragedies to resorting to name-calling.

I couldn't be bothered dealing with someone who exhibits such pathetic and childish behaviour like so you're now in my ignore list. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bumpity bump

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm profoundly underwhelmed at the prospect of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I'm profoundly underwhelmed at the prospect of this game.

You're not alone. The ground is at a push half full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Could be a big mess up from Shanahan already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Very open game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ulster
    So 4 minutes gone and it’s a try apiece

Settle back lads, grab a beer, this is going to be a spectacle and not all for good reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

IF Ulster and Edinburgh do end up level what's the tie breaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Bridge93 wrote: »

Foxy boxing competition in drag between the tighthead props.

It's as fair as any other method.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ulster commentator (Robson?) on Sky not overly happy, I suspect, with Quinlan somewhat backing up O'Driscoll's "basket case" on Ulster. Quite funny.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bridge93 wrote: »

Wins. We can’t catch Edinburgh on wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Williams clearly won that ball before he hit the ground regardless of Ulster going forward. And now they get a penalty from the resulting scrum.

Ulster commentator (Robson?) on Sky not overly happy, I suspect, with Quinlan somewhat backing up O'Driscoll's "basket case" on Ulster. Quite funny.

Ferris also agreed with Drico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ulster
    And needing a bonus point they decide to kick it????

Maybe basket case wasn’t so far from the truth

Advertisement