Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connacht vs Leinster, Sat 28th April, 3:05pm; TG4

• 27-04-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭

Position|Connacht-Logo-White.jpg|Leinster-Logo.jpg
    1.|Denis Buckley|Jack McGrath
    2.|Shane Delahunt|James Tracy
    3.|Finlay Bealham|Andrew Porter
    4.|Gavin Thornbury|Ross Molony
    5.|Quinn Roux|Mick Kearney
    6.|Eoin McKeon|Max Deegan
    7.|Jarrad Butler|Peadar Timmins
    8.|John Muldoon|Jack Conan
    9.|Kieran Marmion|Nick McCarthy
    10.|Jack Carty|Ross Byrne
    11.|Matt Healy|James Lowe
    12.|Bundee Aki|Noel Reid
    13.|Tom Farrell|Tom Daly
    14.|Niyi Adeolokun|Barry Daly
    15.|Tiernan O'Halloran|Joey Carbery
    | |
    16.|Tom McCartney|Seán Cronin
    17.|Peter McCabe|Cian Healy
    18.|Conor Carey|Michael Bent
    19.|Ultan Dillane|Devin Toner
    20.|Eoghan Masterson|Caelan Doris
    21.|Caolin Blade|Jamison Gibson-Park
    22.|Craig Ronaldson|Jordan Larmour
    23.|Darragh Leader|Adam Byrne

The final game of the regular pro14 season is upon us and it's the El Clasicish of Connacht vs Leinster in the Sportsground. Two teams in very different places this season with Connacht having their worst season in quite a while and Leinster getting back to the heights of old having topped their league conference and reaching a Champions Cup final to boot.

A fairly rotated side for Leinster though a lot of their seconds are hardly a step down from their firsts at all, and some serious impact ready to come off the bench if things start to go astray. Byrne at 10 and Carbery at 15 will surely result in some classic well mannered and concise boards discussions.

Connacht have pretty much gone full whack with an astounding lack of curveballs from KK though we do see Dillane dropping to the bench to make room for Thornbury and Bundee and Farrell switching positions in the centre.

No side really has anything to play for other than pride but Connacht will want to send club captain and legend John Muldoon along with long time veteran Andrew Browne and all the other departing players out in style and will hopefully be up for this 100%. Leinster will want to maintain some good momentum heading into knockout season.

Who will win MOTM? 22 votes

Muldoon
    0% 0 votes
    John Muldoon
    31% 7 votes
    Mul
    68% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Serious bench Leinster have there. Connacht would want to be ten up before that gets emptied.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sexy table, pity about the spelling mistakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Surprised to see Deegan at 6. Nice to see Tom Daly back, he's had a horrible year with injuries.
    Think Connacht will win and KK will smile afterwards, thus sending the media into a frenzy.
    Thornbury must be coming along nicely, he's been in the matchday squad for the last month or so.
    I hope it's a great game and Mul scores a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Connacht should go after Leinster in the tight. They absolutely need a plan B but a lot of these Leinster players should be undercooked and no doubt intensity will be low

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    sexy table, pity about the spelling mistakes :D

I just spent about 10 minutes looking for it... Was it Gibson-Park? I mean, I don't think that should even count. He should just pick a surname tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bazzo wrote: »
    I just spent about 10 minutes looking for it... Was it Gibson-Park? I mean, I don't think that should even count. He should just pick a surname tbh.

As you're a Connacht fan, i dont think Jarrad Butler would have been impressed either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Sickened I’m missing this! Blooding Communion season!

sydthebeat wrote: »
    As you're a Connacht fan, i dont think Jarrad Butler would have been impressed either ;)

He doesn't mind. I got special dispensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Winner of the match gets will connors?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I really hope the crowd don't forget to acknowledge Muldoon and Browne amidst the undoubted carnival that will surround Peadar Timmins last game in blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Serious bench Leinster have there. Connacht would want to be ten up before that gets emptied.

That bench will have no interest in breaking sweat for a dead rubber. They're making up numbers. Half of them will be starting a European Cup final in 2 weeks and I reckon minding themselves would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Well done on the OP and table Bazzo. Becoming a bit of a lost art form these days. Nice to see it done properly. Kudos. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

id rather the bench was young lads.. they'd be hungry and not minding themselves

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I really hope the crowd don't forget to acknowledge Muldoon and Browne amidst the undoubted carnival that will surround Peadar Timmins last game in blue
    And Noel Reid's 100th cap. Leinster are trying to control the narrative. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Redo91 wrote: »
    Sickened I’m missing this! Blooding Communion season!

There's always a choice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

kenmc wrote: »
    There's always a choice.....

Myself and my dad already have the Season Tickets given away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Heading over for this. Last time I was at the sports ground we had our butts handed to us and all our players got injured and it lead to us not getting out of our group in the Heineken cup.

Autumn 2012 I think

So hopefully things go a bit better this time.

There was a bonus however in that I drunkenly met Gerry Thornley in a pub and said a load of aul shyte to him.

Edit: I think it might have been Dan Parks first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Connacht with 8 internationals starting, Leinster with only 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Connacht with 8 internationals starting, Leinster with only 4

Leinster have 6 starting and 7 on the bench.

That's Top Trumps, bitches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Leinster have 6 starting and 7 on the bench.

That's Top Trumps, bitches

Ill admit I can't count ha but who's your 6th?
    Mcgrath, Tracy, Porter, Conan and Carbery only 5 I see
    Edit: ah Noel Reid!

Deliberately didn't count the bench or go by Caps as I say Jack McGrath has more than whole connacht squad combined

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Ill admit I can't count ha but who's your 6th?
    Mcgrath, Tracy, Porter, Conan and Carbery only 5 I see

Deliberately didn't count the bench or go by Caps as I say Jack McGrath has more than whole connacht squad combined

On the occasion of Noel Reid's 100th Leinster cap, you would seek to deny him his international career??

I won't stand for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Very disappointed to have to announce that it's sunny in Galway at present. Hopefully that changes in the next 4 hours.

Very quiet in here. Feeling a bit nervous. Just hope there's a performance worthy of the man of the hour put in.

Very quiet in here.

It is. Too quiet.

Leinster are going to hand out such a beating that Muldoon will wish he was a two club player.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

It is. Too quiet.

Leinster are going to hand out such a beating that Muldoon will wish he was a two club player.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

You're just jealous because you didn't manage to steal him

You're just jealous because you didn't manage to steal him

I hired a few thugs to bring him east, I said "get Henshaw's lapdog" but I think they misheard me.

Well to be fair, he is going east. Just overshot a bit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster by 50....

Not a chance, I’d be amazed if Leinster win today, but certain players like molony need a big game. Will be interesting to see how Deegan goes today.

Murphy out as a precaution. Caelan Doris on the bench now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Wegians89

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Murphy out as a precaution. Caelan Doris on the bench now.

Extra special debut for him if he comes on, as he’s from Mayo

Advertisement